Baz1994

RBS C/Card Late Payment Fees reclaim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1787 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have finally received SAR details re ongoing PPI claim with RBS Mastercard and after reviewing various statements noticed quite a few late payment fee charges for £20.

I am sure I can reclaim these and if so can anyone kindly point me in the right direction as to what spreadsheet I need to use to calculate refund ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309037-Charges-older-than-6-years-***WON***-Compound-Int-t-and-**NO-SET-OFF**/page4

Quite a good reference thread there. It is for Barclaycard but the preparation etc should still apply

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309037-Charges-older-than-6-years-***WON***-Compound-Int-t-and-**NO-SET-OFF**/page4

Quite a good reference thread there. It is for Barclaycard but the preparation etc should still apply

Ok many thanks and will have a read of thread.

Cheers g/l

Further to the above, can anyone confirm where I can locate Credit Card Reclaim spreadsheet details thanks ?

Here you go

CISheet v101.xls

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Here you go

[ATTACH]50994[/ATTACH]

Many thanks ims

So use this one for Credit Card Fee / Charges reclaim ?

Would you have a link for appropriate letter ? Do have some sort of one that I successfully used for reclaim of Welcome fees but wondered if it would differ for Credit Card fees ?

Many thanks ims

So use this one for Credit Card Fee / Charges reclaim ?

Would you have a link for appropriate letter ? Do have some sort of one that I successfully used for reclaim of Welcome fees but wondered if it would differ for Credit Card fees ?

Also do you have link to PPI reclaim spreadsheet thanks ? And can I still enter details even though I have a couple of years missing statements ? (I am still trying to locate them but wanted to start the ball rolling with what I have)

Sure, here you go

FosRunningPPI v102.xls

Ideally you should have all of the statements to fill this one in but you may be able to estimate the behaviour of the account on those couple of missing statements.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Sure, here you go

[ATTACH]51003[/ATTACH]

Ideally you should have all of the statements to fill this one in but you may be able to estimate the behaviour of the account on those couple of missing statements.

Many thanks ims and I will see how what I can do with what I have until I locate missing statements.

If I need any help I will let you know

Cheers

Hi, just an up-date on the situation regarding charges reclaim.

Just received a very brief response from RBS denying my claim on the basis that I was aware of the charges when I opened the account and that they are deemed fair in relation to costs. There is no mention of 6 years time-barred or any independent investigations, just that If I wasn't happy with decision that I can take it to FOS.

What next, do I just reply with a Letter before Action ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Fos won't be interested in credit card charges claims.

If you want them back then the only way will be to challenge them in the courts.

The procedure would be to issue an lba and then of they still fail to pay up then you issue in court.

Don't threaten court unless you actually intend to go through with it. You must also be prepared to go all the way which could well end up with your arguing your case in front of a judge.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Fos won't be interested in credit card charges claims.

If you want them back then the only way will be to challenge them in the courts.

The procedure would be to issue an lba and then of they still fail to pay up then you issue in court.

Don't threaten court unless you actually intend to go through with it. You must also be prepared to go all the way which could well end up with your arguing your case in front of a judge.

Thanks for your reply ims.

Sorry to sound ignorant but why would FOS not be interested ?

With credit card charges reclaims they will side with the lender and reach the decision that the charges are ok.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Thanks for your reply ims.

Sorry to sound ignorant but why would FOS not be interested ?

Even though they are in excess of £12 ? I thought that there was a ruling that confirmed this ?

Not a ruling as such, simply that the OFT (as it was then) said that they would not investigate charges at a level of £12 or less on credit card accounts.

Fos overwhelmingly decide in the favour of the lenders with charges claims. Even if they did find in your favour they would almost certainly simply get the lender to repay the excess between the charge applied and the £12.

If you want all of the charges back then court would be the route to take but only you can decide whether that route is for you.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Not a ruling as such, simply that the OFT (as it was then) said that they would not investigate charges at a level of £12 or less on credit card accounts.

Fos overwhelmingly decide in the favour of the lenders with charges claims. Even if they did find in your favour they would almost certainly simply get the lender to repay the excess between the charge applied and the £12.

If you want all of the charges back then court would be the route to take but only you can decide whether that route is for you.

OK many thanks again ims, maybe one to sleep on as to which option to take.