My fight against the Hong Kong Shanghai dragon (HSBC)

ansvar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all :-)

I have recently become a member and have actively read alot of the information on the site and now feel im ready to pursue my bank for recovery of their ill gotten gains (bank charges).

As some forums had mentioned, if you ring up HSBC they will send you the statements for free and it's quicker then sending the Data protection letter. Well that was 20 days ago and after getting back from paris yesterday i had a letter waiting. It looked alittle too thin to be 6 years worth of statements!! and unfortuanatly was a standard letter informing me the statements will be dispatched shortly in batches.

Well im very lucky then, that after reading further threads a couple of days after the phone call i learned that on the HSBC site you can print all the statements off for six years!!! Only people who have got the high lighter out and selected all the money that has ever be taken from them will understand the absolute great feeling it brings, especially when you see the total. After 6 years of banking services i have been charged £1642 in overdraft charges.

My Prelim was sent on the 18/10/2006 and as of yet have not received a response!! So in anticipation of no letter being received i have readied the LBA letter. Just a few questions if anyone can be of assistance.

:!: Can they offset the settlement against my outstanding loan with them?

:!: Should i include interest with the LBA or wait?

:!: What is the difference between issueing online and going to court in my area.

Any help would be appreciated including comments regarding the whole process.

Best regards,

Philip :lol:

Hello and Welcome

First of all dont panic - you will soon have your money back in your hands where it belongs!!

I have had 3 successful claims against HSBC and they are one of the easiest to claim against so you are in luck!!!

To answer your questions in order,

1. No you have the right to set your own terms and conditions, and therefore request that the money either goes straight into your bank account or comes to you via cheque!

2. No only a court can award the interest, you can state you will be claiming interest if you have to file with the court, but you can not ask for it at this stage.

3. There are pros and cons for doing either. Do what you feel most confident with!!!

HSBC seem to ignore the Prelim letter without so much as an acknoweldge of receipt. And in most cases they settle about 7 days after they received your LBA, so I would be very surprised in you get to file at all!

You can claim back your charges, even if you were late paying, even if you went over your limit and even if your DD Bounced!!!

Remember the banks have acted unlawful you havent!!!

If you get stuck have a look (by searching) to see if your question has already been asked by reading other people threads, if you are still not sure either post your question in your own thread or PM me and I will be happy to help you.

Also look for another newbie claiming against the same bank as you, that way you can do your claim together and support each other as the post drops through the door!!

Good Luck

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full