• Tweets

• Hang on, I'll get into trouble for this but really! 12 years paying a DD you nothing about.................... and then you blame D&G. They would have notified you at your last known address or email at each renewal, every year, with ample opportunity to cancel each year.   12 Years!!   Bad things happen in the world of CAG but you really must bear some of the responsibility here.   H    
    • Should have access to all the data on the account tomorrow.  latest response from Barclays.   Dear    Thank you for your patience while this matter has been under review.   I’m afraid I’ve not yet been able to get the answers I need from the relevant team to allow me to provide you with any more information. However, please be assured I will continue to work on this and I will provide you with a further update no later than 29 January 2021.   Kind regards   Customer Relationship Manager Barclays
    • I know it would be a hassle to put all that in. However certain things that help your case and destroy their WS would probably mean that even Simple Simon as stupid and greedy as he is, would probably decide that yours was one case that he did not want to challenge in Court. If he lost on the relevant land part, his whole business at Southend airport would be over.    He would have many motorists who have paid coming back to him plus claiming GDPR payments and every other airport that they control would probably have a claim against him too..   So you are best to hit him with a strong WS to stop him from going to Court. Will it stop him if you include all that. It should do but he may have the chutzpah to think that he can argue his way out of it.  So your choice.  
    • Thanks for that, point one just confirms what I thought, I will get back to work on it with those suggestions in mind. Cheers
    • Two quick and immediate points:   1. Do NOT get your employer to suggest you were exhausted. You shouldn't drive whilst exhausted and it aggravates the offences. But in any case, since you are pleading guilty to them it doesn't matter. The circumstances of each offence are not relevant when the court considers your EH argument. By that time you have been convicted of them and how or why they happened is not a consideration.    2. Instead your employer's letter to the court should concentrate on the "Hardship" that others (e.g. the company or your colleagues) will suffer if you are banned. It should also cover why no alternatives are available to them (e.g. are your skills and knowledge scarce such that they cannot easily be replaced; can they not train somebody else quickly to do your job). That sounds harsh but your employer will be asking the court to accept that they will suffer hardship. Part of doing that is to demonstrate that no practical alternatives are available.   Remember, you will get three points for each offence whatever mitigation you offer for them - that is the minimum. So you don't need to concentrate on that. Concentrate on explaining the exceptional hardship that you or others will suffer.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

How do you calculate WTC for 2014/2015 ?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2503 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I was abroad for 5 months (no paid work there) and hopefully I'm in a new job here in the UK starting probably in late April.

I've checked on the HMRC Tax Credits website but the calculator doesn't go further the current tax year. Plus I'm asked if I am habitually resident in the UK. I am not sure if with the new rules I would still qualify for WTC, but I lived in UK before for many years.

I had a meagre income last year (less than £5k including benefits) and I received about 1k in WTC.

Is there a chance I can still get some WTC for the next year?

Thank you.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

yes, you have to estimate your income and if they believe how you arrived at the figures they accept them as provisional and make a provisional award accordingly. It can be adjusted at ant time if new information becomes available.

• Haha 1