budget sheets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why not list it as its correct label? the CAB debt tool? it does not belong to the NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE cab. I have already passed the stage of trivia sequenci I will continue to pass on the way I beat VANQUIS this is what it is about, What IS NOT stated by the OFT is to list the NAMES of the other creditors or the AMOUNTS THAT'S my point, If the OP has been charged ROP by at least some of the creditors, then they should/could claim on it yes?

Having all the pertinent info in the first place is what is needed, an I&E can be USED once all this has been collated. We need to find out IF there is any products attached to the debt that can be used to reduce the payments or anything of the like YES? We all have experience at different levels don't we? Lets wait for the OP to update the thread now.

What the OP should do before making ANY offer is to make sure that

1 The debt is enforceable.

2 All fees/charges are reclaimed

3 Get all the relevant information relating to each and every account that they have, once this is in place they should then deal with the most pressing one's first. Is this correct?

MM

Edited by mikeymack2002

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Why not list it as its correct label? the CAB debt tool? it does not belong to the NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE cab.

I believe it was that branch that created it, and it's open to the other branches to use. I'm not sure is a central CAB initiative, but I would imagine it will become more central as time goes by. Of course, other money advice tools are available - such as mymoneysteps.org.

The budget approach is the general rule, but as I said earlier where there is the potential for a debt to be challenged it should be - although there are plenty of instances where this would be absolutely pointless - for example where it's incredibly clear that the best route forward would be personal insolvency - e.g. a Debt Relief Order or Bankruptcy. I think we can all agree that the most effective way to move a debt situation forward is to take a completely holistic approach.

SEQ, lets try this one for size, OP owes 16,500, DRO upper limit 15.000 what if we can get the Op's figure below the upper limit? This way the OP pays a significantly reduced fee? correct? Is this a feasible way forward? if so perhaps that if some of the late/over limit fees are refunded, possibly taking the OP below the Upper limit for a DRO.

As the OP has stated she is in receipt of some benefits, can this be taken into account for this to happen?

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I've got to agree with Seq here, he is spot on in what he's saying. As for NEDCAB, yes, I do know it was developed by the North East Derbyshire branch. In fact, I believe it is only very recently that it has had the seal of approval from the National Association of CAB, I forget the date but it was only 2-3 weeks ago-ish. The only way you'll get to it at the moment is through NEDCAB: http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk

Seq has mentioned mymoneysteps and there's also of course https://debtremedy.cccs.co.uk/start.aspx

At the end of the day, we're all 'on the same side' and we all have the OP's best interests at heart. That's the main thing here.

doesnt really matter where the info comes from, just so long as we all find it!

I have worked out a budget using the national debtline pdf generator gismo, shows that I have £2.86 pcm to share out. I have decided to hold this in reserve for now and simply tell them all that my only income is benefit based and that I receive full HB and CT relief, which are means tested and demonstrate my skintedness. As in if i had spare cash for non priority debts i would not get full HB etc.

comments?

SEQ, lets try this one for size, OP owes 16,500, DRO upper limit 15.000 what if we can get the Op's figure below the upper limit? This way the OP pays a significantly reduced fee? correct? Is this a feasible way forward? if so perhaps that if some of the late/over limit fees are refunded, possibly taking the OP below the Upper limit for a DRO.

Two issues here.

1) Unenforceable debts would usually contribute towards the debt totals for a DRO, sadly. As part of the referral process a copy of an experian report will be required.

2) If any refund is more than £300 it could jeopardise the possibility of having a DRO - UNLESS any refund is then pro-rata'd amongst the remaining creditors.

doesnt really matter where the info comes from, just so long as we all find it!

I have worked out a budget using the national debtline pdf generator gismo, shows that I have £2.86 pcm to share out. I have decided to hold this in reserve for now and simply tell them all that my only income is benefit based and that I receive full HB and CT relief, which are means tested and demonstrate my skintedness. As in if i had spare cash for non priority debts i would not get full HB etc.

comments?

£1 a month to those creditors with an enforceable agreement, for now.

Try a joint budget, I've an idea or two.

BTW: I'm away all weekend so I may not be able to reply quickly.

thanks sequenci,

I think I've already said that I'm at the point where quite frankly I no longer give a rats doodah! They will get £1, they will get a cca request in the next week or so, followed by a CPUTR letter to confirm if they have or ever have had a compliant CCA, anyone who is compliant will continue to get £1 pcm. If they want to go for a CCJ, well the sooner we get the 6 years started on that the better- not that I will just roll over on that of course. Fact is, I do not need any credit for anything and my wife has a 100% clean credit file which is unlinked so we can access things like the best utilities deals etc through her.

As I said before I have nothing - council house, housing benefit, full council tax relief - and i am not holding this up as some kind of badge, I would rather otherwise. paradoxically though having absolutely nothing and being able to prove it puts me in a very strong position.

By way of a little back story: The Fact is I was ill for a number of years, which is the main reason the debt accumulated and my business failed. I am now 80% 'fixed' and consequently I am dealing with everything (and I mean everything) which is why i am on here and facing all this and dealing with it rather than running away from it, my days as an ostrich are over!

Naturally we have a 'joint budget' on a day to day basis but I will not include my wife in this in anything formal or legal because, to be frank, she is non of their business. They are welcome to 'destroy' me in a credit worthy legal sense but it begins and ends with me.

Also, with regard to timescale I should point out that everything was paid up 100% until the end of September - dont ask me how i managed that because i baffles me how i managed it for the past year or so - so there is no rush, we are still in the grumpy OC phase as it were. I think I mostly likely have (say) 4-6 months before they realise that i am being quite serious and they cannot bully me back in line because the money really isnt there.

I look forward to your idea or two or anyone elses ideas for that matter

All the best

Emptypot

Well at least you have started here, which is the best thing,

CCA request all debts that were prior to 2007 as they have to send a signed agreement,

everything else can wait for a day or so.

Make sure they comply with it in full, terms and conditions, start middle end + any amended version's too.

A full and complete agreement,

when you get these scan and convert to PDF and post abut take out all personal details first, edit all Jpeg in paint to do this include removing all barcodes too. Chat soon.

the CCA request template is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Fill in you details print off 2 copies and create a file for each creditor and keep it up to date,

it may also pay you to do the same on your pc with everything in each file.

When sending the letters off I tend to use RM rec/del and screen shot pod that way you have a full trail,

trust me on this it is worth the extra few moments of your time.

Don't forget to add the required £1-00 fee for each of them

MM

Edited by mikeymack2002

Make sure they comply with it in full, terms and conditions, start middle end + any amended version's too. A full and complete agreement,

MM

I assume you're talking about complying in full with a S77-79 request and ensuring all prescribed terms etc... are included, along with the original T&C's amendments to the T&C's and the latest version (not sure amended ones are essential), plus a statement of account etc... ?

Sorry for clarifying, but it's unclear the way it's written. Also ensuring compliance with prescribed terms etc... is not something everyone would feel able to do, as different types of agreements have different prescribed terms as you'll know. :-)

I believe it was that branch that created it, and it's open to the other branches to use. I'm not sure is a central CAB initiative, but I would imagine it will become more central as time goes by. Of course, other money advice tools are available - such as mymoneysteps.org.

The budget approach is the general rule, but as I said earlier where there is the potential for a debt to be challenged it should be - although there are plenty of instances where this would be absolutely pointless - for example where it's incredibly clear that the best route forward would be personal insolvency - e.g. a Debt Relief Order or Bankruptcy. I think we can all agree that the most effective way to move a debt situation forward is to take a completely holistic approach.

Hi sequenci

Just for info purposes

You are right, it was designed and developed by NEDCAB in house with valued input from many others and it DOES currently belong to NEDCAB.

There has been a major recent development with a license issued by CAB which basically means it can now go into other CAB branches in England & Wales with interest already very high.

Basically any CAB branch that takes the NEDCAB system will have their own domain with their name with all the letter headings also in the individual bureau names - as far as I understand the name will be changing to Cabmoney - for example NEDCabmoney and so on with other bureau branches for examples sake AnytownCabmoney

The signs are that this system will spread to other bureau branches in their own name so to speak, there is much more happening behind the scenes.

It is the only system I know that does and saves everything as far as a online assisterd DMP is concerned with the user in full control.

This system is posing one of the biggest challenges to the old order so to speak that has ever been seen.

It is there to help people in debt and it is FREE to use, the CAB have many very worried with this one, that is a fact, panic is the word at the moment.

It is down to choice at the end of the day, why not put up all the system links and let people decide or give their opinions (it is strange that this does not seem to happen very often:)

My views & opinions

PS - I will be putting a more very interesting info up later on the appropriate thread

Edited by Wintry