• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Thoughts in your day

If you have ever had a moment of anger, shame or disappointment in your children, and loved them anyway (as most parents do), then you have probably had the closest human experience to how God must feel about us.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

• 2 months later...
In my area the sky is greyish white windy and a constant damp drizzle atmosphere. Anyone else experiencing the same? Four days now. Is it con/chem trails?

Not so much constant damp drizzle, outbreaks of rain, cool, windy and occasional attempt at brightness, - hardly what used to be called summer weather, more like autumn.

Flaming June - my chilly backside

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

The Tory Legacy

• 7 months later...

I remember my Dad, half a century (and a millennium) ago saying

"The worlds gone mad, and I remember by dad saying that when I was a boy, what would he think today'

Well here today, the World actually has gone mad.

The Tory Legacy

The world has always been mad.

Yes, but there really does seem to be no limits to how mad it will get.

Last years madness seems to become next years normal and even greater excesses needed to be considered mad.

I have been watching a Youtube video interview with Louis Theroux on Scientology. It is very long, so have been watching about 30 minutes at a time. If you get the chance it is worth watching, as it is a very intelligent conversation between Louis and the interviewer. It covers Scientology, but also a lot of other issues.

If its what I believe it is - I've seen it.

There is a newer series started in the US which is an ex scientologist which seems very damning - only watched ep1.

The worrying part is that people feel they need and gain benefit from these cults.

On Trump, i don't think he will last very long and Pence will be President by the end of this year.

Hope so. But not willingly I would think - like Corbyn.

The Tory Legacy

I think there is something in scientology beliefs, but they make it very difficult for outsiders to take them seriously, as they are far too defensive of their organisation.

Many religions believe that the body of humans/animals is one element and they also have a spirit element. I am not that religious, but am 50% convinced that they might be onto something.

Take for example child geniuses, that have a talent or knowledge that cannot just be inherited DNA programming from parents or teaching from an early age. I have heard of young kids playing piano brilliantly from age 4, having hardly touched a piano. Also kids having in depth knowledge of subjects or wisdom from a very young age. I just have a question mark, as to whether it is possible they have somehow benefitted from previous life. Part of scientology i understand is believing in people having more than one life e.g spirit living on with knowledge passed on and used by another body.

Not saying i am convinced, as there may be other explanations.

Perhaps reincarnation is real, but that (IMO) does not give any credibility to cults abusing (IMO) the actuality or beliefs of people,

.. whether that cult is Scientology or Catholicism or whatever.

Spirituality and/or commune with God (whatever you want to call Her) should by its very nature be first hand - else it isnt (spirituality or commune with God)

The Tory Legacy

A mate of mine's is a scientologist, always trying to get me involved, I never fancied it, did read one of L. Ron Hubbard's books on the subject.

Seems a relatively sensible course to me, although its a good bet that your 'mate' will never give up trying to get you 'hooked'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/14/louis-theroux-my-scientology-movie-i-felt-like-id-been-blooded

The Tory Legacy

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that on your day off, a women can squeek 'I'm running late',

at which a bloke can:

get up,

wash and shave,

go downstairs and have some toast,

go back upstairs and brush teeth and get dressed,

Go back downstairs,

Go out and walk the dog to get a paper (twice as far as her work is),

get back,

get the car out and have it running ready to take her to work before she gets to the front door?

... Yet she has no interest whatsoever in the theory of relativity as it has no relevance to her day?

The Tory Legacy

Eh ??

Did it take you quite a while to respond there?

Or did it just seem like it?

The Tory Legacy

• 1 month later...

A bit long, but even for republicans there are some poignant thoughts raised both in the article and almost certainly in any inquisitive and observant mind considering some of the points within

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

The Tory Legacy

Are you sure about Mandela ? No expert on his ANC activities, but i have heard some that were critical, saying he was not the clean freedom fighter that many believe.

Its all relative.

In nazi germany some people rescuing Jews had to lie and cheat and sometimes murder 'the bad guys' (who may often just have been 'following orders' and who believed the lies and propaganda of their leaders ....

Take Osbourne - 6 jobs - or perhaps should we say 'paid positions' while drawing an MP's salary and expenses ...

and before anyone says 'yes but we need fewer professional politicians and more with experience in business as MPs ...

Well, Yes I agree but we need those sort of people who bring that experience and devote full time to politics

Surely those who claim they can do 6 'jobs' properly simultaneously while claiming 75K + massive expenses as full time politicians are exactly the sort of 'professional politicians' that we already have far too many of.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4331992/George-Osborne-defends-six-jobs.html?ITO=1490

The Tory Legacy

• 2 weeks later...
your tax isnt 30%, it is 20% on all earnings over £11.6k.

I know what you mean Ford, but you shouldn't leave out council tax

(or water tax really as there is no competition and no choice)

Last year my council Tax and water tax was about 15% of my gross income (income was small but no benefits as I have savings).

The Tory Legacy

'Ford' ? :)

Sorry Ford, I must have had a moment

That should have been Ericsbrother of course.

apologies to all

The Tory Legacy

The EU aren't exactly being friendly as to whether they would accept Scotland as an EU member.

They cant while the UK are still a member, and Scotland still a part of the UK

- any more than they would Catalonia

The Tory Legacy

I truly dispair of the UK governement not just over Brexit, but I was just looking back over the HSBC Suisse bank tax avoidance issues which made little news, despite starting about the same time as the Financial crisis caused by corrupt banks,

Its astonishing that of over a thousand people reported to the UK 'law enforcement' agencies, only 1 was prosecuted

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/feb/17/labour-quiz-chancellor-over-knowledge-of-hsbcs-swiss-subsidiary-conduct

Yet one of the prime movers in that banking circle was given a top Tory job,

Yet the whistle blower who risked his career to leak these banks criminal activities TO THE FRENCH POLICE, not a newspaper, was charged with industrial espionage for highlighting criminal activity laundering illegal arms dealers and dictators assets and money

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/nov/27/hsbc-whistleblower-jailed-five-years-herve-falciani

and did the authorities at least quietly address the illegal laundering?

Of course not

The Tory Legacy

Good April 1st from the DM:madgrin:

Prince Harry Marries

Fake News !!!???!!!

and this one has GOT to be

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/01/by-georgio-osborne-takes-new-job-as-fashion-designer?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=219899&subid=19389892&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

By Georgio! Osborne takes new job as fashion designer

The Tory Legacy

All this political stuff over Brexit, it's simple, why don't we just tell the EU to pi-ss off.

I'm sure they would have no problem whatsoever with the UK severing all trade links. They are in far better economic condition than we are. Theres nothing that we have the biggest market in the world NEEDS,

or doesn't already own here

- like our nuclear energy future and most of our power industry - and thats just what France and poor bankrupt Spain owns.

of course we could also just re-sell or give those to UK Tory supporting owners and deny our international debts - getting on for 2TN

... but then we would be like North Korea, with the largest market in the World and our nearest neighbors just completely embargoing all trade with us or through their borders or airspace.

I wonder how few weeks we would last before total economic collapse?

You can guarantee that in such circumstances, pretty much all major financial and industry backing would withdraw from the uk overnight.

America would probably still trade with us at a premium of course. Russia probably would too.

But what would our credit notes be worth?

What could those credit notes buy?

What would we have to give?

We have already pretty much hocked everything. America, Russia and China would want remaining British overseas territories trading to them for transient stuff like oil.

Do you really have so little idea of the real economics of the situation?

The Tory Legacy

:)

cnn edinburgh have apparently reported that trump is planning on emigrating to scotland, after impeachment, to be near to its golf course...and his cart can do more than 30 :)

http://www.electricautosport.com/2015/06/video-the-sound-of-a-1100kw-electric-race-car/

The Tory Legacy

Who's Jennie?:madgrin:

The one with the light brown hair?

The Tory Legacy

Barbara? :)

Windsor?

or girl?

The Tory Legacy

Eden

ie Jeanie

then again, might actually be the one that lived on the hill

(Jennie)

The Tory Legacy

i was going with 'i dream of jeanie with light brown hair' song

then the tv series re 'i dream of jeanie' with barbara eden.

LOL - I realised -

but was just opening up the options with Barbara Windsor OR Barbie Girl (both dyed blond) ...

before back with Jennie Juniper

:whoo:

The Tory Legacy

On a more serious note, was discussing corporal punishment, which I think should be reserved for the worst in our society, the Johnsons, Goves, and mass murderers

One argument is that

it didn't stop people stealing at public hangings

- - in fact it is sold as more people were pick pocketed at public hangings than anywhere else, so it isn't a deterrent

Despite thinking OMG thats a point when I first heard that many many moons ago, of course it isnt a valid argument when the larger picture is considered.

These people (the pick pockets) had absolutely nothing, and absolutely nothing to lose.

In fact as they were starving, and starving people worry about eating NOW, not what might happen in weeks time IF they were caught,

So not a valid argument against hanging as a deterrent I would posit.

In today's society where even those considered poor (although there are still those who have nothing) commonly most in the UK at least still have a lot to lose, the situation should be significantly different.

By no means cut and dried but ...

Oh - and I'm not advocating a return of the death penalty, let alone hanging

- except for the Johnsons and Goves of this world (possibly Blair too despite me believing the Iraq invasion was both necessary and justifiable - if done properly)

The Tory Legacy

oh and as an inside aside

Jennifer Juniper was actually about Helen Mary 'Jenny' Boyd - married Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac

Her sister Pattie married George Harrison and Eric Clapton

Now I think Lulu was a hotter babe than either and far more talented.

The Tory Legacy

I was walking along the Strand in London many moons ago when I saw a small group of people standing outside the Adelphi theatre so I walked across to see what the fuss was about. Red carpet out and a Limo arrived and out popped Lulu attached to that Nick the Hairdresser fellow Clarke.

As she walked across the pavement looking at the folks gathering lining the carpet like me, our eyes met and locked and for one split second I felt all the hairs on the back of my neck and every cell in my body tingle - Wow did she have one drop-dead gorgeous pair of eyes!

Some things you never forget - that was around 1975.

I met her and briefly talked with her (never met Donovan or saw him live and I take your experience that I missed little)

Lulu though made an astonishing impact and I've never forgotten it,

The Tory Legacy