Woolfie and his DAS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a mess financially and I am going to use this as a way to keep track of whats going on and to chart my progress as well as ask for help etc.

I have 9 creditors (unsecured) and owe them a total of just slightly over £40k in total. I was managing to keep on top of everything but then i changed jobs and my salary dropped considerably and i was not able to keep up my payments although i am still okay with my priority debts.

I recently applied for a D.A.S. through step-change which seems to be a pretty good answer to my current issues and means I will be debt free in a little over 5 years - paying in the region of £630 per month!

I have been perusing these pages and I wonder if it would be worth while sending CCA requests to all 9 creditors to see if they are all enforceable.

Can anyone advise if this would be a sensible approach as Step-change don't seem to do this as a matter of course.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Woolfie. It could be worth looking in to it for sure. When did you take the debts out?

The DAS is a decent option - they are binding on creditors and will freeze interest and charges. Good chocie for sure.

Best wishes,

Seq.

Hi Seq,

All with in the last 4 years. I was a contractor but had to take perm work due to health concerns. So I lost about 30% of my take home.

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

There is a further issue here, when you made application under the DAS Scheme and signed the mandatory form of authority to proceed, you acknowledged the debt.

Nevertheless you can recover PPI and charges if applicable during the course of the payment plan, but I would think that you would have great difficulty going down the unenforceable route.

You would most certainly be treading in untried territory.