DVLA rules against EU law

Partagas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After long reading and a long conversation with an adviser at DVLA I come to the conclusion that part of the current legislation is in evident violation of EU laws. Let me explain.

If you drive a vehicle with foreign registration plate in UK for more than 6 months you are required to obtain a UK plate and re register the car, only exception students and professionals in UK on a temp basis.

Now, if I lease a car from BMW through their German leasing company the car will come with a German registration, being a leasing ownership stays with the German company, insurance and road tax are paid by the German company.

Being the keeper, under the leasing contract and not the owner, I am not entitled to apply for a change of registration.

Based on what DVLA said in writing to me today, if stopped by the police the vehicle could be impounded if they believe it has been in UK for more than six months and more important local authority will not issue me with a resident parking permit.

I believe this is in violation of several EU laws regarding the freedom of provision of services and local authority and/or DVLA shall be sued for that

thoughts?