• Tweets

• Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business Centre If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS) Name of the Claimant :           PARKINGEYE LTD Claimants Solicitors: (if one is stated)   Date of issue – 22 April 2024   Date for AOS - 11 May 2024 Date to submit Defence - 24 May 2024 What is the claim for –  Claim for monies outstanding from the Defendant in relation to a Parking charge (reference *************) issued on 22/01/2024.  The signage clearly displayed throughout Welcome Break Leicester Forest East (North), Northbound, M1, Jct 21/21a, Leicester Forest, Leicester, LE3 3GB states that this is private land, managed by ParkingEye Ltd, and that it is subject to terms and conditions, including the payment of parking tariffs, by which those who park agree to be bound (the contract).  ParkingEye's ANPR system captured vehicle ******* entering and leaving the site on 16/01/2024, and parking without paying to park and parking tariffs apply after a free stay period.  Pursuant to Sch 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, notice has been given to the registered keeper, making them liable for the Parking Charge payable upon breach. What is the value of the claim? 100.00 ? Amount Claimed 125.00 court fees 35.00 legal rep fees 50.00  Total Amount 210.00 Have you moved since the issuance of the PCN? No Did you receive a letter of Claim With A reply Pack wanting I&E etc about 1mth before the claimform? Y dated 10 March 2024, no reply
    • Obviously I'm ignorant and don't know the local area - but to me the images show the front of the car entering, and the rear of the car exiting, both times. On a second point - do you have any proof of your being elsewhere during the two times they reckon you were three hours in the car park? BTW, I've just done a search and we have 81 G24 threads apart from yours.  This is a company that huffs & puffs but very rarely does court.  In fact of the 81 cases, in 79 they haven't done court In one court case sadly the Cagger didn't defend and lost by default. In the second case G24 issued a court claim ...and then wet themselves and discontinued the case once the Cagger defended.
    • Often vehicle insurers will refuse to deal with third party property damage claims. They will by lack of willing rely on the third party to use their company Insurance  and the companies Insurance would try to reclaim through your Car Insurance. Agree with Ethel, but sometimes Insurance claims staff will try to avoid additional work.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A&L start to retaliate

lindy123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A&L shut down my account as soon as I got my charges back. I had a phonesave account into which I paid £25 a month and a flexiplan plus account with a debit balance. Flexiplan is linked to the current account so I knew it would have to be sorted out - I rang on the 10 October and settled the Flexiplan account and was surprised to receive a letter a few days later saying they wanted the balance immediately or they would instruct a debt collection agency.

I have drafted this to A&L - of course I've chopped it up for the forum but what do you all think? Do you think I could ask for more, say £34???

Any comments will be gratefully received :)

Alliance & Leicester plc

Account no. xxxxxx

14 October 2006

Dear Sir/Madam

Flexiplan Plus Account number xxxxxx

Notice served under section S8 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act

I write with reference to your letter dated 12 October 2006.

You should be aware that this account was in fact settled some days ago. I paid £199.91 from my Phone Save account and a further £566.05 using my Abbey Credit card. The authorisation code is xxxxxxx.

I am concerned that you have sent me a threatening letter although the balance has been paid – it was I that contacted Alliance & Leicester regarding payment not the other way round.

The reason that my account was closed was purely in retaliation at my claiming back bank penalty charges recently – I have banked with you for over 20 years and would have been happy to continue to do so. I did not choose to close my current account, that was the decision of Alliance & Leicester.

I enclose my invoice in the sum of £12.00 and payment should be made by cheque payable to Mrs xxx within seven days.

INVOICE NUMBER 001

TO: Alliance & Leicester plc

RE: Account no. xxxxxx

DATE: 14 October 2006

Being charges relating to time spent in the preparation of a letter of response to a letter dated 12 October 2006 from Alliance & Leicester. Itemised below:

To receiving unnecessary threatening letter, reading said letter, drafting response, printing response, preparing invoice, printing invoice, time spent taking said response and invoice to post box and posting, stationery and postage.

TOTAL DUE: £12.00

PAYMENT DUE 7 DAYS BY CHEQUE PAYABLE TO MRS xxx

Alliance & Leicester success! £3,325.74 paid in full 12/8/06 - claim started 8/6/06 settled in 2 months. :D

Nat West settled in full £1458.09 on 1/11/06

Thanks to you all for your help! :-)

Good one Lindy!! Keep us informed on how it has gone

:cool: Lily :cool:

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

PAID IN FULL 25th August 2006.....

DONATION HAPPILY GIVEN.......

If you are happy with my help please click on the scales at the side of this message

I think invoicing them for £12 is a bit steep. Surely it doesn't cost that much to send a letter....LOL

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358

2nd November - Accepted as partial payment and LBA

27th November - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

I think invoicing them for £12 is a bit steep. Surely it doesn't cost that much to send a letter....LOL

Exactly :) I know it's steep (LOL) but think of all the time and trouble I've taken to put a letter together, honestly the bank has got to understand that these things cost money!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

If they pay up I am going to scan the cheque and post it on my website, this bank baiting is fun isn't it! I was laughing as I typed (after being very annoyed initially) and just thought NO they cannot continue treating us like this. Debt collector??? What a cheek - it was me that initiated repayment.

Alliance & Leicester success! £3,325.74 paid in full 12/8/06 - claim started 8/6/06 settled in 2 months. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well - they are really worried aren't they ... got a cheque for £12 plus a letter of apology this morning!!! :)

A&L shut down my account as soon as I got my charges back. I had a phonesave account into which I paid £25 a month and a flexiplan plus account with a debit balance. Flexiplan is linked to the current account so I knew it would have to be sorted out - I rang on the 10 October and settled the Flexiplan account and was surprised to receive a letter a few days later saying they wanted the balance immediately or they would instruct a debt collection agency.

I have drafted this to A&L - of course I've chopped it up for the forum but what do you all think? Do you think I could ask for more, say £34???

Any comments will be gratefully received :)

Alliance & Leicester plc

Account no. xxxxxx

14 October 2006

Dear Sir/Madam

Flexiplan Plus Account number xxxxxx

Notice served under section S8 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act

I write with reference to your letter dated 12 October 2006.

You should be aware that this account was in fact settled some days ago. I paid £199.91 from my Phone Save account and a further £566.05 using my Abbey Credit card. The authorisation code is xxxxxxx.

I am concerned that you have sent me a threatening letter although the balance has been paid – it was I that contacted Alliance & Leicester regarding payment not the other way round.

The reason that my account was closed was purely in retaliation at my claiming back bank penalty charges recently – I have banked with you for over 20 years and would have been happy to continue to do so. I did not choose to close my current account, that was the decision of Alliance & Leicester.

I enclose my invoice in the sum of £12.00 and payment should be made by cheque payable to Mrs xxx within seven days.

INVOICE NUMBER 001

TO: Alliance & Leicester plc

RE: Account no. xxxxxx

DATE: 14 October 2006

Being charges relating to time spent in the preparation of a letter of response to a letter dated 12 October 2006 from Alliance & Leicester. Itemised below:

To receiving unnecessary threatening letter, reading said letter, drafting response, printing response, preparing invoice, printing invoice, time spent taking said response and invoice to post box and posting, stationery and postage.

They paid up! and aplogized profusely for any inconvenience and distress :grin:

Well done, thats great news!! Now they can see its not nice to treat people like that!!

:cool: Lily :cool:

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

PAID IN FULL 25th August 2006.....

DONATION HAPPILY GIVEN.......

If you are happy with my help please click on the scales at the side of this message

Beautiful, just BEAUTIFUL

:D :D :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

My favourite bit! :D :D

I've got copies of my letter and invoice plus scans of A&L's response and cheque if anyone wants to use them.

I was laughing as I typed and thought what the heck but I laughed louder when I got the apology and cheque - it's just delicious :grin:

Revenge is so sweet, never laughed so much at this time in the morning

Fantastic result

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to post/email complete word docs including scans of grovelling response and cheque if anyone wants to use them.

My invoice (no. 001) paid in full and promptly - RESULT :D

This may sound really really really stupid and extreme

But as you issued an invoice, make sure you declare it on your Tax Return

You just Never Ever know

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

• 3 months later...