Royal Mail Damaged Post Now Lost it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi In short Sent my phone for repair to samsung who received it damaged from the corner and sent the phone back stating consumer damage.

I Used RM Special Delivery so made a claim that it got damaged in transit or through their system on the way to destination. Samsung sends out a bubble wrap and a sturdy box through the post when you book the phone in for repair so as far as i am concerned the packaging was adequate to go through the rigors of the postal system.

I put in a claim and on the 1st of Aug received a letter asking me to send the damaged item along with the packaging and cost of repairs which I did and even though they state that a complaint can take upto 30 days to investigate i chased them up constantly as the phone was slightly damaged not broken to use.

I sent the phone and contents asked to rm customer service using RM Special Delivery again as i was a bit skeptical just sending the phone using the freepost address. RM Received the phone and contents on 7th Aug. Today i receive a letter stating that i need to send the damaged item content again.

I am in shock right now dont know what to do help please.. ive read that i cant them to court either

Edited by citizenB

Raise a Formal Complaint with RM.

Hi is that going through the escalation process as stated on their website or is there a contact information you can provide that will be appreciated. First they damage now they loose it.. Does sending items through RM special delivery mean there was a contract between me and RM. Can I sue using MCOL? Thanks

The fact that they refunded the SD cost suggests that they themselves believe themselves only to be liable for the packaging rather than the contents, and their insurance may reflect that. Many storage companies are the same.

Good luck.