Tax Credits Renewal 2013

Inmysparetime
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Have a friend who gave an estimate in the year 2011/12 (self-employed). He forgot to get in touch with them to give the actual figure (once his accounts were done - figure was a few grand higher that the estimate). He now needs to ring the tax credit people today to get his renewal in on time for 2012/13. When he tells them of the actual income figure for 2011/12 will they just adjust his award for 2012/13 accordingly (I don't know anything about tax credits). He'd rather do the renewal by post but, of course, today is the deadline.

Thanks in advance

They should do yes. Hope he managed to get through to them in time. It's very easy over the phone.

I have been told I need to let them know the official figure by the end of the year, for tax year 12-13 for me. I had already done my accounts by the time I renewed recently though, I just haven't done the online tax return yet. I have based mine on total profit. And haven't taken into account petrol allowance (not even sure what they allow) so if anything I know I have at least under estimated my profits a bit. Did your friend not do the accounts before renewing?