Car garage harassing for payment.

weezypoos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just after a little advice. I've got myself into a financial mess and am currently trying to keep my home by paying off arrears. My car went in for an MOT at the end of June and I was later sent a £400 bill. I wrote to the garage owner and told him of the hardship I was experiencing and enclosed £50 as a starter payment. He will not accept this and for the last three nights running he has turned up on my doorstep at 10pm shouting to all who can hear that he is here for the outstanding payment. I then hear him talking to a neighbour about slashing my tyres!

I am terrified, I live alone with my daughter who now refuses to be in the house without me in case he turns up. I wouldn't answer the door to anyone at 10pm. Is there anything I can do? :/

Call the police, this is threatening behaviour.

Whose got the car, you or him ?

Thanks, I have the car with me. I heard him last night telling my neighbour that he was going to come back and slash a tyre a night until I paid in full!

Well i may get moaned at but! if you couldn't pay for the mot and repairs then you shouldn't have taken the car for the mot etc.

You can't blame the garage owner for wanting his money. You're lucky he let you have the car before payment was made, a lot of garages don't release the car until payment is made.

Well i may get moaned at but! if you couldn't pay for the mot and repairs then you shouldn't have taken the car for the mot etc.

You can't blame the garage owner for wanting his money. You're lucky he let you have the car before payment was made, a lot of garages don't release the car until payment is made.

Blimey. a sensible, rational post on CAG. Just you wait until the mods find out!

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...

did you agree for him to do £400's worth of repair? if so, i dont blame him for being a little unhappy that you havent paid. Although hes acting about it the wrong way. If you feel threatened and he is becoming abusive at your house you should call the police