Unfair final warning. I am looking for some advice regarding a final warning...?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have worked for the company for just over two years and have had a brilliant work record and also in every job I have had. I had a promotion in September which I thought would be a good move, unfortunately not. The workload is horrendous!!! I have spoken to my manager on numerous occasions explaining that that the workload is too much and keep falling behind. Anyways to cut a long story short I had a few days holiday and have come back to my manager pulling me into the office and saying that I am incompetent. Unfortunately I walked out as I was so upset and knew I couldn't walk through the office like that. When I went back I apologised but he handed me a letter stating "I am in breach in trust of terms of not carrying out my duties. Standards required to do my role and performance not up to the levels required". The letter then states "If you are found guilty of these allegations, the company will be giving a final written warning. I have never been given any other warnings and believe I may lose my job. I have to go back to work tomorrow afternoon for a "hearing" so that they can decide my fate. I would appreciate any advice you have to offer. I need advice on how to defend myself at this meeting. I am not very confident and know I will just go to pieces. I have had no structured traing (as the best way to learn is by being thrown in at the deep end). I am also going through some medical test at the moment (i always make appointments outside of works time), but my manager does know about the tests. This manager also does nothing for our morale. There are seven of us in the team, but he only praises three of the team. My other colleagues are now afraid that this may happen to them. I am so sorry that it is a long post but wanted to try and give as much as possible.If anyone can help I would much appreciate it.

Did you solicit the promotion or just think that it could be good if you said yes to an offer? The manner of the warning is not in accordance to ACAS guidelines so you have a case for initiating a grievance regarding the disciplinary meeting. Put this in writing and ask for a deferral of the meeting so you can arrange for a union rep or workplace colleague to be present (they cannot refuse this) and also ask that your lack of training is looked at as part of the grievance. If your illness is work related or likely to be long term you should inform your employers about this as well as you can then request modifications to your workpace and procedures to take into account any long term disability (this can include mental illness or other debilitating illness, not just a physical disability)