• Tweets

• I thought the LibDems were going to table a motion of no confidence? I haven't heard anything about it for a couple of days.
    • Sorry for late reply dx been away and appreciate your replies. Yes he has paid the original borrowed amount off but obviously interest on top in which is owed and offer to write off. I know it is only a small amount owing but I didn't know whether to attempt to pursue with reclaim of previous paid amount plus interest. Or just to accept their offer and have removed from Credit File.
    • breaking news More Tory MPs ‘pondering defecting’ 'bl**dy hell, if they'll have her I should be a shoe in. I dont stand a chance as a Tory, but I might if I'm the labour candidate' .. is rumored to be heard again and again at the Torys favorite  subsidised bars of Westminster.   More Tory MPs ‘pondering defecting’ as Natalie Elphicke ‘sorry’ - live WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Labour frontbencher says other Conservatives wrestling with their futures and calls grow for Diane Abbott to be let back into party "Wes Streeting insisted his party would not take just any Tory MP" .. as he looked nervously looked over his shoulder   We may be looking forward to a vote of no confidence in the Guv by the newly majority labour party as early as next week has allegedly been overheard
    • You were given this PCN because you overstayed not because you went to Starbucks or MaccyDs from the other car park. I assume therefore that the parking time is only 30 minutes as you were recorded as being there for 38 minutes. Given that there is a Consideration time and a Grace period  as well as the time between their photographs of your car arriving and leaving one wonders why they gave you a ticket. Force of habit I suppose. Because they are on airport land which is governed by Bye Laws that supercede PoFA we do not usually look at their PCNs there because in none of them can the charge be transferred from the driver to the keeper  as would normally happen after 28 days if the charge is unpaid and the land is not subject to Byelaws. In your case as they have failed to specify the Parking period  which is the time car is spent actually parked in a parking space not the bit that they include which is driving from the entrance to the parking space and the other bit from the parking space to the exit. As that reduces the lawful time you were actually parked I would suggest that they have breached your GDPR.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds TSB are getting Sloppy "WON*

Badgerboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, the online claim to the Court went in yesterday so I guess I will have to wait for a response now (14 days). Am I right in saying I wait 14 days and if no response (would that be an email on the online claim or a letter??) then I have won. If they respond they have a further 14 days.

Am I right or not.

Thanks

Badgerboy

Successfully beat LloydsTSB for £900 and Abbey National for £650, now taking on Barclays for my wife which is roughly £700.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've merged your threads to keep your story in one piece. Please keep to one thread.

You will receive notification from the court of an issue date and case number (don't forget to inform BankFodder of this so he can put it in litigation). Your 14 days starts from the issue date.

Good luck.

Vamp.:)

[

• 4 weeks later...

Well I hope this is the last of their scare munger tactics if not I am in court. I have sent my allocation questionnaire back to the court and to Lloyds TSB, they have till the 5th July to put in their defence.

I sopke to the court and they informed the the judge may well allow them a few more days after the date in which to submit their defence, is this normal?

If it goes to court I will be in need of some serious help.

Fingers crossed!!!

Badgerboy

Successfully beat LloydsTSB for £900 and Abbey National for £650, now taking on Barclays for my wife which is roughly £700.

This claim seems to of been going on for months can you post a time line for each of your actions please so we have a better idea of exactly whats been sent and when then we would be in a much better position to advise you.

Just after you send the AQ is when they usually send you an offer with a lot of conditions atatched and also another letter setting out there defence points again.You do not have to accept any conditions

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

This claim seems to of been going on for months

A Lloyds TSB claim going on for months! Shock horror! They're time will come - just wish there was more we could do to speed them along - quite interested in the consequential loss argument posted recently as feell they deserve it!

• 3 weeks later...

Well D day was yesterday for the bank to submit their questionnaire, I rang the court this morning and they said it hadn't been received. I was told they will send notice to the judge and he is likely to give them another 5 days to submit it, is it normal for the bank to submit it in this period or have I won the battle???

Any guidance would be appreciated

Badgerboy

Usually Lloyds are on time for submitting their AQ - could be that your case has slipped through :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

In my case mjanet v Lloyds TSB they did not submit the allocation questionaire .2 weeks ago the judge made an order that if they do not submit an allocation questionaire to the court and serve one on me by 4 pm today that I can apply for judgement in default.Since then the solicitors have been panicking to get me to agree settlement , they are still trying to apply conditions but so far I have refused 3 offers and they are now emailing me back immediatly with updated offers.For some reason they do not want to submit this questionaire.

I would not worry about it and sit back and wait for the settlements to start being offered , obviously still read and do your homework :D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

In my case mjanet v Lloyds TSB they did not submit the allocation questionaire .2 weeks ago the judge made an order that if they do not submit an allocation questionaire to the court and serve one on me by 4 pm today that I can apply for judgement in default.Since then the solicitors have been panicking to get me to agree settlement , they are still trying to apply conditions but so far I have refused 3 offers and they are now emailing me back immediatly with updated offers.For some reason they do not want to submit this questionaire.

I would not worry about it and sit back and wait for the settlements to start being offered , obviously still read and do your homework :D

Thats a beautiful read, cant wait to see what happens with it. Nice to see them running around like headless chickens instead of us.

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Statements recieved 5th May 2006

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Moneyclaim filed issued 6th June (14 days to reply) Time up on 20th June.

Acknowledged 15th June (28 days to defence)

Time up on 13th July.

Defence Recieved 7th July

Going Before the Judge 15th September

Court Date 5th December

They handed in their allocation questionnaire 1 day late but the court have accepted this, anyway that is not my point. I am getting a little nervous now as the court said a date will be through soon. Surely they know I am not going to back down now so why have I not received any offers as yet?

How long is it before the court date before people generally get an offer??

Badgerboy

Panic not Badgerboy, i am at the same stage as you just waiting for court date but read mjanet thread, they will soon start to panic when the court date looms.

10/3 Preliminary letter sent to bank

17/3 Acknowledgment letter recieved from bank

24/3 LBA letter sent to bank

19/5 Claim filed with court

10/6 Defence filed by bank

13/6 Allocation form filed with court

18/10 Preliminary hearing set by court for 10/11

21/10 documents for claim filed with court

3/11 Money deposited in account

What jamieadi said Badgerboy - in the majority of cases, it seems, Lloyds make their settlement offer after the AQs have been returned - it's not that often they make an offer before.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 months later...

Well I have followed it this far, I have my court date as the 9th November. Can anyone tell me when I should receive an offer, I need to submit my case within the next two weeks will it be after that or could court be looming.

Badgerboy

there's doesn't seem to be a set pattern anymore. some are receiving offers before submitting their Allocation Questionnaire, some are receiving an offer a day or two before the court date, some are not receiving an offer at all and do end up in court. you have got to be prepared to go all the way i'm affraid.

I have about two weeks now to submit my court case to both the Lloyds solicitors and the court. I haven't got a clue what I should be submitting, can someone help please. I looke din the library and saw a rough pack which was psoted by bookworm but read it and wasn't entirely sure what I should amend for my case.

It that the idiot guide or is there another available.

Regards

badgerboy

You mentioned that you have to imput your own details in the case material. What do I specifically put and where in the case material do I put it. Or do I just submit what you have put in the zip file?

Just getting a little flustered, do I need to mention the CD with Peter MacNamara? What else shall I submit?

Badgerboy

I need to know whether I add the zip file as my case that bookworm did in the templates or do I send the audio of the Lloyds guy. Or do I send both???

I need to submit by next Thursday.

Hi Badger

There is an excellant post by wolfcub it is in the Lloyds tsb sub forum, she details her case from start to finish and includes her court case notes .

She actually went to court but scm never turned up and had to send a local solicitor the judge adjourned the case , it is an excellant read and should put your mind at rest

good luck

A bit wierd but a win is a win I guess. I checked my online banking account with Lloydstsb today and there was a deposit titled Bank settlement Claim and the total of £788.33, which is the correct amount with interest.

I haven't recieved any letter or heard a word from them. I was due in court on the 9th November. This can't be normal.

I decided to ring Sechiari, Clare & Mitchell to ask them, they said they knew Lloyds were going to pay me but hadn't asked to send a letter to me yet. Seems like they are getting sloppy.

Must be a breakdown in communication. I thought I was meant to receive an offer and I had to accept it, I didn't think they would automatically pay it into my account without any notification.

Should I respond???????????

A bit wierd but a win is a win I guess. I checked my online banking account with Lloyds TSB today and there was a deposit titled Bank settlement Claim and the total of £788.33, which is the correct amount with interest.

I haven't recieved any letter or heard a word from them. I was due in court on the 9th November. This can't be normal.

I decided to ring Sechiari, Clare & Mitchell to ask them, they said they knew Lloyds were going to pay me but hadn't asked to send a letter to me yet. Seems like they are getting sloppy.

Must be a breakdown in communication. I thought I was meant to receive an offer and I had to accept it, I didn't think they would automatically pay it into my account without any notification.

Should I respond???????????

Hi you should have recieved an offer, but you have your full amount and you cant refuse it as it is the full amount. They are getting sloppy "Bless" but then they are busy ;)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks