Computeach

a.ferra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can you advise me, went onto the computeach website and asked for a call back from a salesperson, when I spoke to the salesperson I described exactly the course I needed for my work, I was advised to take the CIW webmaster course. I told the salesperson that I wanted to start the course at a later date, however the salesperson advised me that the cost of the course would increase later, so I agreed to purchase the course at that time but start it later. I was given a payment plan with Clydesdale finance of no interest for the 1st year. I was told that I would receive the course shortly, however I did not receive them for 2 months. When I received the package I realised it was for a different course, after speaking to computeach they sent me the materials for the correct course, or so I thought. When looking at the materials I realised that I had been completely sold the wrong course, I originally explained to the salesperson how important it was for me to learn about 'flash' however this course does not cover this subject at all, most of the subjects are irrelevant to me. I called computeach before the course had started and explained that this was not the course I had been sold and therefore wanted to cancel the course and cancel the credit agreement, however they have told me that there was a two week get out clause from the booking date, but considering I didn't receive the course materials for 2 months how was I supposed to use this clause, I have never received any contracts and have never received any terms or conditions, the only documents I have received is the credit agreement, please help how do I get out of this contract?????

Have you paid anything yet ?

If you have a DD set up on your

bank account I would cancell it.

If you received any materials

then return them.

Data Protection Act sent to Nationwide 19/05/06.

Statements received 24/06/06 - Charged £1,954.50 :eek:

Prelim letter sent to Charles Bacon 27/06/06 :)

Cannot refund letter from Sarah Watson 07/07/06 :rolleyes:

L.B.A. sent to Charles Bacon 18/07/2006 ;)

Claim deemed filed 30/08/2006 8)

* REFUND TIME * 15/09/2006 :p

*£1945.50 + £443.37 interest + £62.00 Court fees*

** DONATION MADE **

i assume you have paid a couple of months...

but dont panic too much, there will be someone useful within the management structure and being mis-sold a product over the phone is quite a serious thing. if you have the persons name you will get much further, keep mentioning it and keep saying mis-sold.

i would first of all speak to the sales manager, might be difficult if its a call centre and the staff put you off, in that case ask for contact details for the management structure, starting with MD, the manager will soon come on the phone.

if that doesnt get you anywhere, writing is the only way, and this time just go direct to MD/CEO.

there is also trading standards with regards to remote sales, if you have to write, send them a copy and make it clear you have done so.

This would come under DSR regulations. IF it could be classed as goods(unsure, you probably could as it is an integral part of the course) then you have 7 days from the DAY AFTER you recieved the goods to cancel the contract. If it is already over 7 days, then I would agree with what rob has said above regarding the mis-selling of the product. You are entitled to a refund as the product is not as described.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!