Steve v Barclays

Slade1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am just about to start legal action against Barclays for £2,130 + interest, I was about to fill out the claim online, but I realised that I only have excel reader on my computer, so I can't use the calculator. I will have to work out the interest at work (sneakily, while nobodies watching) tomorrow.

I've sent all the letters, my case has been ongoing since August (bit of a mix up with addresses by the bank) they have offered me £595 as a 'goodwill gesture' which I have refused. I am now moving into the legal phase of things. Funnily enough, I am not nervous about it at all, in fact I am quite looking forward to putting in the claim, it's all a bit of a cathartic experience to me. I will get back my money and I will take it as far as they want to go until they have to buckle.

I will update this thread every step of the way and hope that it will help others to do what is necessary to get their money back.

Well done.

I like your attitude. I'm sure you're going to enjoy putting in your claim knowing you're taking another step forward.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am just about to intiate court action on my claim, I have had to delay the proceedings a bit due to not having enough money to pay the fee and not having excel to work out the interest, both of these problems have now been rectified but I have a question:

I have incurred a couple of charges since I started the process of claiming back my charges, should I include them in my court claim?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You can add on your charges up to the point of your claim via the Court. If you want to add charges after you have filed with the Court you have to pay a £35 fee to the court or start another claim for the additional charges

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06