midge61 v cap1

midge61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

HI all

I had a reply yesterday from Crap 1 re- Phone harrassment letter that I sent.

They state that collections team have only phoned because I'm behind with payments and they want to help (how nice of them!).

They also state that they cannot contact me by post only because there may be times when they need to contacgt me urgently eg fraud department about an unusual transaction on my account.

Then just goes on about bring your payments up to date and we will not need to call you.

I'm going to write back because I don't see how silent calls are being made to help me and also tell them that I will always refuse to give out personal info over phone because of risk of fraud and see what they say to that.

Anyone else had a reply?

I'm going to write back because I don't see how silent calls are being made to help me

I get those sometimes.

I think they are caused by the automatic dialling sysem, but really annoying and impersonal nonetheless.

Oh well, when they ring you in a few weeks time you can tell them about all the lovely money you have got back off them.....:D

Hi midge61

I've not had a reply to my 'Harassment by telephone & account confidentially concerns' letter yet but at least I now know not to get too excited when I see a Capital One letter pop through my door ha ha.

They seem to be taking an age to pay out don't you think? :confused:

Thank you :-)

Hope they are getting snowed under tee hee. They will maybe now know what it's like to be hounded :grin:.

I thought you had already mcol'd ... oops - don't know why I thought that :rolleyes: anyway you'll be there soon enough.

Looking at other threads and judging by their timescales I should receive a refund next week sometime (fingers crossed anyway).

Thank you :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Well I've got my second letter back from Mr Udder the milkman. Says can't offer any more please accept £132 as our final offer. So now I need to get my court claim ready. So far I've only sent spreadsheet with list of char.ges on. So can I now do one claiming compound interest and if so How do I work it out ? Numbers is not my thing. Also have more charges this month to be added.

Thanks in advance for help

Hi all

Well Crap 1 have started the phune harrassment again!!!! I am going to write to them again and enclose a copy of the OFCOM rules on autodiallers.

I have also lodged a complaint with OFCOM and whilst they say that they do not deal with individual complaints they do say that they monitor the volume of complaints and if there is a large volume about a particular company they will then step in.

So perhaps if everybody that is suffering at the hands of Crap 1 complains they might do something.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Sorry I haven't been around but we just seem to be lurching from one crisis to another lately. Anyway have decided to spend this evening updating everything.

Well Crap1 conceded just before defence was due and refunded just over £600 - not the complete amount claimed for but at the time I didnt have it in me to continue the fight so accepted the paaayment which just went to reduce my card bill.

Still another win though.

Midge