tcv (btcv) work programme

wjamie23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello i have just been for my first appointment down at tcv was giving all the information about they help people find work but now i'm not sure when i have to attend the WP daily or weekly .is it just the advisor appointments i need to attend if someone else has been on this work programme please can some one explain

thanks

Every time you go to the work programme they should be giving you a card telling you when you need to attend be it weekly or fortnightly, im not sure about daily as i've never had to attend daily i just thinks its a scare tactic.

ok well i went down for my first appointment and i got another appointment for the 27th june so does anyone know if i do only need to go for the appointment i don't really see the point me going to use there facilities when i got what i need to do my job search at home

Yes you will need to attend the appointment, it's not even that bad the 27th is near the end of the month and they pay the transport costs. If you fail to attend 8/10 they will sanction you.

If you're just starting with the Work Programme then you need to check out the DWP guidelines which all WP's must follow - as they can be a big help in stopping the WP taking advantage of you. They're here, on the DWP's own website;

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy/welfare-to-work-services/provider-guidance/work-programme-provider.shtml

If you read the Ingeus thread on here, you'll see the WP's try all sorts of tricks, hoping we don't know the rules and it's up to us to make sure we do :) The document on 'Mandation' is particularly worth reading as it tells you all the rules the WP must follow when they issue an appointment, ie it must be done by letter with 2 working days notice. They're not allowed to phone you on Monday evening and ask you in the next morning, stuff like that. Well worth reading!

Good luck with your course.

Every time you go to the work programme they should be giving you a card telling you when you need to attend be it weekly or fortnightly, im not sure about daily as i've never had to attend daily i just thinks its a scare tactic.

You also have

the right to use the provider any time you need, for example photocopies, Internet and so on, as long as it's work related.

I used to go to my wp daily to snatch a free cup of moccaccino. Those bastards have turned the coffee machine off. Useless!

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

It took my branch of Ingeus over a year to actually get a coffee machine in - despite having posters on the wall saying 'free tea/coffee'.

I didn't know that BTCV were still going. I've been on 2 courses with them many years ago. First one was for Web Design, which was actually useful and the tutors were great guys. Second course (with different staff) was rubbish - advertised as 'Photography, Media & design', turned out to be a beginners guide to MS Publisher..and you were allowed to use wizards to create stuff!!! BTCV got paid for you finishing your portfolio so me and my mate quickly did it then refused to sign it..they didn't get paid :) Place later closed down; no loss there!