Lowells chasing very old debt to HSBC

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Three years ago I was being hassled by post by Lowells over a very old debt to HSBC bank incurred at a previous address I did the usual procedure with statute barred debts and Lowells acknowledged the debt was in fact statute barred and left me alone other than the yearly statement, no more demands for payment.

Yesterday out of the blue I received an e mail from Lowells inviting me to clear this old debt at a discount, I flagged the e mail as spam and consigned it to the bin.

I believe the only way Lowells could have got my current home address was from my bank, (Nat West), I was not at the time on the electoral register, and very few companies apart from my LA and the utilities were aware I had moved. The only possible way Lowells could have obtained my e mail address recently would be from the same source.

Is there any way I can prevent my bank (if it is them) passing contact details that were given to them purely to administer my account on to third parties?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

If the bank is reporting on any accounts you have with it, then these will be visible to Lowell, check your CRA files to see if searches have been made.

You can also complain to Lowell and report to the OFT that Lowell are in breach of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 by pursuing a statute barred debt after they have been informed on the status of the debt.

Many sources are available for tracing other than CRAs.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: