Maxed Out on Credit Both Self Employed: Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi skintgirl52,

I'm sure the top dogs of this forum will be along soon to get to grips with your debt problems. I'm way out of my depth on this one to be sure but what I would say is don't worry yourself sick with this because it doesn't get you anywhere. There are always solutions to financial debts and problems. The most important thing is your mortgage. I'm positive that this must be your first priority as it's your home. The credit card debts and loans can be managed through writing to them and explaining your situation. Most will at least freeze interest and charges till you get yourself sorted out and perhaps you can offer to pay only what you can afford for now.

You owe them money- nothing more. The wise owls on here will get you sorted, Skintgirl. I owe about 8k on cards all told , but my situation is very different from yours. Unemployed, on JSA and no property or assets, so I told them to take a running jump and to accept £5 per month until my situation improves - take it or leave it. They took it.:-)

Yes, told you experts would be along, skintgirl!

I know it's hard, but try not to ever feel stressed because of credit card debt/loan debt. Your main priorities as dx100uk said is your essentials. Mortgage. Utility bills. Council tax. You simply must pay these. The rest can whistle for it! You can't pay them what you don't have and they know that your priorities lie in paying other people first. They don't like it but there's little they can do. Serves them right as these CC companies are licensed loan sharks, that's all. However , they can't come round and break your legs!

Once you get your debts listed up, the others will give you good advice. Please remember that these companies can't do sod all to you - you must always remember this. I worried myself sick before joining here and the advice I received was great. I followed it, wrote to my credit card companies, explained my situation and I'm now paying £5 per month to each. One of them (bank of scotland) decided to employ Moorcroft ( an incompetent shower if ever there was one) after only three months ! to collect my debt. I told them to p!ss off - I'd only pay bank of scotland the money and I'm still doing so. All this was done via letters. I never take calls from any of them and have told them this. They have absolutely no power to harm you, these DCA's. They're full of bluster and hot air - my cat has more legal powers than them.

So relax, take a bit of time to post up your debts and you'll get sorted no bother at all.

Edited by valignya
  • Haha 1

Daniella , I'm sure we both do:whoo:

But seriously, I've read a fair bit now about these DCA's and their shockingly immoral tactics. Every one of them are [edit].

Some people actually toy with them,

paying them a few quid a month then phone them up telling them they're getting nowt the following month as they need the cash for fags.

The DCA's blow their tops but quickly back off after some well earned dog's abuse.:-)

Yes they do play on people's emotions and lack of knowledge.

They know all the right buttons to push to hit the old fear spot.

A spider crawling around in your bath has more legal powers than the DCA Wombles.

I think the worm is turning with them as more and more people are being put in the picture regarding DCA's and their powerlessness,

thanks to this great site and others that are around.