• Tweets

• Just a typo change that I'd make for the last line. Maybe also add something that says "I assume you will be fully aware that you cannot rely on a clause of a contract that you do not produce."
    • Hello, Firstly, and most importantly I am sorry for your loss. I would go back to the bank with the death certificate and ask them to step in. Remind them firmly but politely that there is no limit for DD claims   Please let us know how you get on.
    • My wife is the named person to his bank account with him having Dementia being his daughter (I say named person she still is but he recently passed away and the deputyship application has now being stopped by the solicitor as it's no longer needed) We've only just got the Death Certificate so the bank will be the next step informing them. She went to the bank and explained the situation but even being his named person the bank said she didn't have the power to stop DD without any legal documents (virgin money) was the bank. She could have copies of bank statements that was about it.
    • I see you said you tried to stop the DD but it seems that didn't work. May I please ask why that didn't work? You should be asking your bank to cancel the DD and I don't see why they would have objected, hopefully you can clarify this. I agree that you should be making a claim here against your bank and ask them for a DD refund. There is no timeframes for this.
    • JK: Yeah That's correct. We left rent payment coming out of his bank account from January 2023 - August 2023 until we could find somewhere to sort out his belongings which was fine. I tried to give notice a few times from August 2023 asking for advice from Sanctuary housing how we went about this explaining his condition and that he was in a Nursing home from December 2022. I explained we don't have any legal powers to his account like POT but were in the process of going for Deputyship and that I was the named person to act on his behalf to speak with Santuary housing. I said we could provide details of his condition and proof he was now in a nursing home with date he moved in. This went ignored despite repeated attempts to contact them until a housing manager contacted us end of February 2024 and notice was finally accepted with his tenancy coming to an end March 22 2024. Although they have continued to take rental payments for the flat despite someone else living in it from the 1st April. I wasn't aware payments were still being taken till I checked his May banks statements. I had asked them to back date rental payments to August 2023 when I gave notice rather than just giving notice in March 2024 but they've ignored that bit. I don't see why they shouldn't give it back they've taken money they shouldn't have. Thanks DX, I wasn't aware we could do that for that length of time. I'll ask my wife to check with the bank this week
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Repossession questioned by deeds not being signed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Loan Agreement is a bilteral agreement providing for the borrower to grant security in exchange for a loan. The bank will argue that the mortgage deed is a separate document which does nothing more than charge the property.

No Lender can circumvent the LAW......or rely that the Chamber will assist him to do so......

They are of course welcome to 'try'.......However.... they will find that in relation to securing a speciality debt against the borrowers registered estate.....They should have observed the duty to 'execute' the deed and observe that they cannot 'mortgage' registered land.

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Furthermore, if we look to Part 55 Possession Claims - of the Civil Procedure Rules we find

© ‘mortgage’ includes a legal or equitable mortgage and a legal or equitable charge and ‘mortgagee’ is to be interpreted accordingly;

(1) The procedure set out in this Section of this Part must be used where the claim includes –

(a) a possession claim brought by a –

(i) landlord (or former landlord);

(ii) mortgagee; or

I hope Apple this helps you with your focus ;-)

Ben.... you are missing the contention on this thread......

A Lender cannot 'mortgage' a registered estate......CPR RULE 55.2 should not come into the equation at all.....for years we have been mislead into accepting that it should.......HOWEVER

Things are about to change..... you watch this space...

Don't you fear.... My Focus is clear.....

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

The Loan Agreement is a bilteral agreement providing for the borrower to grant security in exchange for a loan. The bank will argue that the mortgage deed is a separate document which does nothing more than charge the property.

...but that's not the case... no one would unconditionally charge their property... they do so only to obtain credit... there's something in it for both parties... it's part of an agreement... a "mortgage agreement"... its nothing more than a play on words (not yours I realise...) to suggest that the mortgage deed is a "separate document". The terms are conditions are defined under contract... under agreement... by the "agreement"...

Worth mentioning: I have a unilateral loan "agreement" signed only by me which defines the actual terms and conditions to be used in the deed... There is no "bilateral" element to my "agreement" with the lender at all. What terms and conditions do they rely on? What terms and conditions can be enforced if a judge says "yes, its a deed"...?

Edited by UNRAM

Remember s.1(2)(b) of the Lpa(mp) as amended by the ROO 2005 states

(b) it is validly executed as a deed:

(i) by that person or a person authorised to execute it in the name or on behalf of that person, or

As we know s.1(2) confirms that "by that person" that person is the person making the deed.

So a document is a deed if it is validly executed by the borrower.

So the borrower has to validly execute the deed. Now what does the borrower have to do to validly execute a deed ?

(3) An instrument is validly executed as a deed by an individual if, and only if:

(a) it is signed:

(i) by him in the presence of a witness who attests the signature; or

(ii) at his direction and in his presence and the presence of two witnesses who each attest the signature; and

(b) it is delivered as a deed.

We know it has to be validly executed as a deed by the borrower as it is the borrower making the deed ( granting the charge).

Even reading the act as amended makes it clear that delivered as a deed is an action to be performed by either by or on behalf of the borrower. Why is this so clear ? The law confirms that if it is not delivered as a deed, the document is not validly executed by the borrower.

The deed is delivered on behalf of the borrower by the Solicitor as per s.1(5) of the LPA(MP) 1989 as amended.

The LPA(MP) 1989 as amended does not state that delivery is an act to be performed by the Lender. Think about it, to be validly executed by the borrower, it has to be delivered as a deed. It does not say to be validly executed as a deed it has to be delivered by the lender / grantee

I think this is why I find this topic so frustrating because the law is very clear, it is not until Apple fulfils some need to 'interpret' and state what Apple thinks things really mean is there any confusion. This sadly is a self generated confusion, to make fanciful ideas sound plausible or even to have some legal basis, when those ideas really contradict what the law actually states.

The LPA(MP) 1989 as amended does not serve to transfer the act of delivery from the borrower to the lender. This is clear as delivery is part of what is required by law for a deed to be validly executed by the borrower.

If the RRO 2005 did not make the change as suggested by Apple we can look to case law also referred to as common law to establish the Courts view on this topic.

The Courts view can be established by looking at Eagle Star Insurance Company Ltd v Green & Challis [2001] EWCA Civ 1389. In this case the Court reached the judgement that a mortgage deed only had to be signed by the borrower and that there was no requirement for it to be signed by the lender.

If as above the RRO 2005 did not change the law as Apple suggests, the Courts view in Eagle star still stands.

The majority of what you say here Ben meets the 'approved form of charge' by HMLR

It does not meet the formalities in relation to the Deed required by statute.

Remember.....You started off at one point advising that the RRO did not apply to 'individuals' (Borrowers).....you now conveniently tell us that the RRO was responsible for 'amending' the law in relation to 'individuals' (Borrowers) - in particular you refer to section 1 (2) and 1 (3).....

So, when it suits your convenience.... it is ok to say, 'yes' the RRO applies to Borrowers...then, when it does not assist your point.... you change tack and tell us...'no'...the RRO does not apply to Borrowers.....

You will note.... I have remained consistent in what the LAW says Ben...... there is no 'F' in my understanding of the LAW.....

So, are you happy (at this point...afterall, we know you may yet change tack again at some point) to accept that section 1 (3) applies to Borrowers and their duty to sign the Deed?

Whether you are or NOT.....

You will find that in both section 1 (2) and section 1 (3) the Legislator.......has REMOVED the words 'by the person making it' from BOTH sections Ben......you need to remove the 'F' from your contentions and stick to the LAW....oh, and when you do make sure you quote it correctly......otherwise you end up with those very 'FLAWS' you keep inserting into the LAW that you mistakenly apportion to my good self!!

Apple

In this document that you posted up recently Ben….see Page 95 - 11.13.....

http://lawcommission.justice.gov.uk/docs/cp143_Execution_of_Deeds_and_Documents_Consultation.pdf

It speaks of the”face value” requirement…..see for yourself what the issue is….see for yourself that due to HMLR practice of 'approved forms of charge' we as Borrowers are finding that Lenders are passing off that they have a VALID DEED…. When in TRUTH…they DO NOT!

“The “face-value” requirement

11.13 There appear to be differing views in practice as to what is sufficient to satisfy this requirement, which was created by section 1(2)(a) of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989, and is reflected by sections 36A(5) and (6) of the Companies Act 1985. The position where a document is sealed, but there is no other indication that it was intended to be a deed, has been considered above in the context of “contracts under seal”. Moreover, the Land Registry’s stated practice is that a 17 document which describes itself as being a type of instrument which, by its nature, is required by law to be by deed (for example a document commencing “This Conveyance”) is sufficient for the purpose of section 1(2)(a). This may be justified 18 by the words “(whether by describing itself as a deed or expressing itself to be executed or signed as a deed or otherwise)” (our emphasis) in section 1(2)(a), and also, perhaps, by section 57 of the Law of Property Act 1925. Nonetheless, there are difficulties. 19 If correct, this practice might be considered tantamount to abolishing this particular formality altogether. It is also difficult to reconcile this approach with the principle 20 that a purported lease which fails to meet the necessary formalities may nonetheless take effect as an equitable lease.”

The footnote for “20” says this:

We have previously rejected the suggestion that the mere use of words like “lease” or “mortgage” 20 would suffice. “It seems essential to avoid a situation where a document is held to be a deed simply because it was used in a transaction where a deed is required. This would amount to abolishing formalities for deeds altogether”: Law Com No 93, para 8.3(ii).

What now Ben??......do you still see a 'F' in my interpretation of the LAW as relied upon on the findings of the LAW Commission.... or do you want us all to see it from Ben and Co....student manuals point of view....that tactically taps in and out of the LAW as and when Ben and Co find it convenient to do so????

Apple

...but that's not the case... no one would unconditionally charge their property... they do so only to obtain credit... there's something in it for both parties... it's part of an agreement... a "mortgage agreement"... its nothing more than a play on words (not yours I realise...) to suggest that the mortgage deed is a "separate document". The terms are conditions are defined under contract... under agreement... by the "agreement"...

Worth mentioning: I have a unilateral loan "agreement" signed only by me which defines the actual terms and conditions to be used in the deed... There is no "bilateral" element to my "agreement" with the lender at all. What terms and conditions do they rely on? What terms and conditions can be enforced if a judge says "yes, its a deed"...?

Hi UNRAM

Your logical conclusions are backed up by Statute.... Ben & Co seem to insist that LAW is to be spelt 'FLAW'.......in an attempt to undermine the intelligence of each and every Borrower.....:-(

Fortunately......we are well aware where the 'F' letter came from...in our UK LAW.....

The issue as you know is before the Chamber for a determination.......and it will remain an issue with the Chamber if necessary on appeal and in further applications until such time as this FLAW (promoted by Ben & Co) is removed as a 'blight' on the financial well being of each and every Borrower in the UK....

Apple

Oh and just in case you missed this BEN:

For those Borrowers who signed Deeds after 1926 BUT BEFORE October 2003.....Let's discuss THIS:

25 Proprietor’s power to create charges.

(1)The proprietor of any registered land may by deed—

(a)charge the registered land with the payment at an appointed time of any principal sum of money either with or without interest;

(b)charge the registered land in favour of a building society [F1(within the meaning of the Building Societies Act 1986) in accordance with] the rules of that society.

(2)A charge may be in any form provided that—

(a)the registered land comprised in the charge is described by reference to the register or in any other manner sufficient to enable the registrar to identify the same without reference to any other document;

(b)the charge does not refer to any other interest or charge affecting the land which—

(i)would have priority over the same and is not registered or protected on the register,

(ii)is not an overriding interest.

(3)Any provision contained in a charge which purports to—

(i)take away from the proprietor thereof the power of transferring it by registered disposition or of requiring the cessation thereof to be noted on the register; or

(ii)affect any registered land or charge other than that in respect of which the charge is to be expressly registered,shall be void.

The above is taken directly from the LRA 1925 Section 25.......it relates to the POWER of the PROPRIETOR of a REGISTERED ESTATE during the stated period.....

CAN ANYONE SEE A POWER TO CHARGE THE REGISTERED ESTATE WITH A MORTGAGE??............... .....OR DOES IT ACTUALLY SAY essentially that:......ANYTHING OTHER THAN A CHARGE TO SECURE INDEBTEDNESS......."SHALL BE VOID"????

So, there you have it - NO 'F' in LAW......all is transparent...whether you took out a loan with a view to securing the indebtedness .... so long as the land was 'REGISTERED'.......you can be assured....any 'mortgage' is UNLAWFUL

And .... ANY DEED that meets only the 'approved form of charge' by HMLR is VOID for want of DELIVERY!!!!

What NOW Ben??? ; )

Apple

Good Morning Apple

I think you deserve to be congratulated. It must take a lot of effort to be so wrong about so many different things.

You are wrong about the effect of the POA, you are wrong about the meaning of Full Title Guarantee, You are wrong about a mortgage by demise being the same as a mortgage by legal charge, you were wrong about paragon v pender, you are wrong about securitisation, you are wrong about a borrower being unable to grant a legal mortgage, you are wrong about mortgage deeds , you are wrong about the RRO 2005, the list goes on and on.

Even on the balance of probabilities, you should have at least got one thing right in the months you have been posting about Property Law.

Reading your posts, I think I have realised your problem. You decide on a point of view first and then fit (interpret) facts to support your point of view, when you should really use what the facts actually say to reach a point if view.

As a result you have become blind to anything and everything that shows that you are wrong, to accept one thing, your fanciful ideas would come crashing down like a house of cards.

No wonder you are so insistent that you are right about anything and everything ;-)

For the effort you have put in to get so many things wrong, I salute you for the sheer effort it must have taken

Yes Mark, I am Bones

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by steampowered viewpost-right.png

"The Loan Agreement is a bilteral agreement providing for the borrower to grant security in exchange for a loan. The bank will argue that the mortgagelink3.gif deed is a separate document which does nothing more than charge the property".

...but that's not the case... no one would unconditionally charge their property... they do so only to obtain credit... there's something in it for both parties... it's part of an agreement... a "mortgagelink3.gif agreement"... its nothing more than a play on words (not yours I realise...) to suggest that the mortgage deed is a "separate document". The terms are conditions are defined under contract... under agreement... by the "agreement"...

bhall do you have an opinion on this?

Good Morning Apple

I think you deserve to be congratulated. It must take a lot of effort to be so wrong about so many different things.

You are wrong about the effect of the POA, you are wrong about the meaning of Full Title Guarantee, You are wrong about a mortgage by demise being the same as a mortgage by legal charge, you were wrong about paragon v pender, you are wrong about securitisation, you are wrong about a borrower being unable to grant a legal mortgage, you are wrong about mortgage deeds , you are wrong about the RRO 2005, the list goes on and on.

Even on the balance of probabilities, you should have at least got one thing right in the months you have been posting about Property Law.

Reading your posts, I think I have realised your problem. You decide on a point of view first and then fit (interpret) facts to support your point of view, when you should really use what the facts actually say to reach a point if view.

As a result you have become blind to anything and everything that shows that you are wrong, to accept one thing, your fanciful ideas would come crashing down like a house of cards.

No wonder you are so insistent that you are right about anything and everything ;-)

For the effort you have put in to get so many things wrong, I salute you for the sheer effort it must have taken

Hi Ben....

I'm sure off the back of the above response to the LAW that I have continually posted......without the 'F' in front of it......I think you alone have just encouraged probably 000000's more applications to be sent off to the Chamber.....

You should be congratulating yourself as well...... not just me alone : )

But Thanks anyway mate .....much appreciated....

Apple

Hi all, can someone confirm what the official copy of the deed looks like from the LR? I have received this morning a single A4 sheet of paper of my deed,no LR stamps on at all.Is this what everyone receives?

That don't sound like they have sent you an official copy at all.....does it show a space for execution by C & G or is it showing just what you signed?

Official Copies have a LR stamp on them.....uuuummmmmm??

Apple

Always remember Apple, the law is what it is, not what you say it is.

If you remember that you will go far.

Stay focused Apple, you stay focused.

eeeeeerrrrrmmm... ok??

I will keep this in mind each and every time I post up LAW without 'F' in front of the LAW.....

By the way Ben......Just so you can confirm for us again.....that 'balance' you were on about.......Does the RRO remove the words 'by the person making it' from BOTH section 1 (2) and 1 (3) of the LPMPA 1989 OR NOT?????

Apple

Apple,

I see that you are still Wrong about every thing lol

BUT THIS IS WHAT THE LAW STATES

It is the Borrower who will be registered as the 'Absolute Proprietor' Ben.....it is the Borrower who derives 'Owners Powers' in relation to a) The registered Estate AND b) the Registered Charge......

BUT THIS IS WHAT THE LAW STATES SO HOW CAN IT BE WRONG LOL

APPLE I think as I've said they will try every thing to put people off or stop people from taking this action.

BUT THEY WILL NOT BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT.

I also ask why Ben does not answer questions again when put to him or her???

Hi Marika

Have a look at this link....of a typical .....'form of charge' posing as a valid deed....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZjBw9faQVzMJ:www.themortgageworks.co.uk/includes/pdf/T118_v8bw.pdf+&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

The Lender will not execute this document or intend to 'release' it's 'mortgage' until you have 're-paid' the loan in full.....

Most of the 'forms of charge' are in this format.....and meet HMLR approved 'form of charge'.......

Apple

Hi marika41,

You should have received from LR an accompanying letter with your mortgage deed headed Official Copies. On your deed document you will have a LR stamp stating Land Registry Official Copy.

The mortgage deed document would have your signature, witness and the company which is acting as the lender. It will also state somewhere on the document that it is a deed and, probably at the bottom of the page (you will only get 1 sheet), you will see that it is a form of charge filed at H.M. Land Registry under reference the number that will start with MD and have specific numbers following that apply to the lender.

QUOTE=IS IT ME?;4376710]Apple,

It is the Borrower who will be registered as the 'Absolute Proprietor' Ben.....it is the Borrower who derives 'Owners Powers' in relation to a) The registered Estate AND b) the Registered Charge......

APPLE I think as I've said they will try every thing to put people off or stop people from taking this action.

I spoke to the Chamber the other day......they kindly informed me that they have been receiving 00000's of applications.......it must be due to all them 'F'LAWS that Ben keeps going on about......LOL

There is another issue with the registered forms of charge that the Chamber are beginning to realise as well......but eeeermmmm...... I will keep that particular 'F'LAW under my hat for now : )

Chamber seem well set up to handle as many applications as Ben is encouraging to be sent.....cor Ben......you ain't 'alf keeping the Chamber busy mate....

Apple

Apple,

Hi Is It Me...

I tried to respond to this...it didn't come out right : (

ah well...... we know the score....even if Ben doesn't :lol:

Apple

Hi, Yes i did receive an attached letter saying it was an official copy saying it may not be the same size as the original, it says the lender is cheltenham and gloucester and the mortgage conditions are cheltenham and gloucester mortgage conditions 1995. Written along the side it has, we hereby certify this to be a true copy of the original, then Samuels Block who are the ones who witnessed my signature Yes it does have a number MD450A

Do we all remember Ben's reliance on this....extract taken from his 'student' manual:

Legal Mortgages of Registered titles under the LRA 2002

By virtue of SECTION 23(1) of LRA 2002, the legal charge is the only permissible method of creating a legal mortgage of a registered freehold or leasehold estate. SECTION 23(1) contemplates two ways a registered title may be 'charged' so as to create legal mortgage: first is the usual 'charge by deed expressed to be by way of legal mortgage'; and the second is the less common method of simply charging the land with the payment of money.

SECTION 87 of LPA 1925, the charge must be made by deed, and it must be expressed to be by way of legal mortgage: it must declare itself to be a 'legal mortgage made by charge'. This section makes it clear that a chargee obtains the same protection powers and remedies as if the mortgage has been created by a long lease of 3000 years in the old way. For both borrowers and lenders, the charge represents a quick, easy, economical and simple way of mortgaging land.

Registration of Legal Mortgages under the LRA 2002

Before mortgage can take effect, must be registered as a 'registrable charge' against that title. This will show the mortgagee as the proprietor of the charge and will ensure both that it takes effect as a legal interest and that it amounts to a 'registered disposition'. In the absence of such registration, mortgagee only has an equitable interest and may lose its right to priority over the land in the event that the mortgagor disposes of the legal title by a registered disposition. Come e-conveyancing, registration of mortgages will occur simultaneously. It will also eliminate any lingering issues that remain over the 'registration gap'.

Here are the Explanatory notes of section 23 to the LRA 2002

Owner’s powers

55.This section states the unlimited powers of an owner. It makes one change to the current law. Under the existing law, there is a presumption that a registered charge takes effect as a charge by way of legal mortgage, unless there is clear provision to the contrary, or it is made or takes effect as a mortgage by demise or sub-demise. Mortgages by demise or sub-demise are now in practice obsolete, because of the advantages of a charge (that enables freeholds and leaseholds to be made the subject of a single charge rather than separate demises or sub-demises; the grant of a charge of a lease is not thought to amount to a breach of the common-form covenant against subletting without the landlord’s consent; and the form of legal charge is short and simple). Subsection (1)(a) therefore abolishes them, with prospective effect.

Anyone spot Ben's obvious 'F'...LAW........?????

Apple

Lol your posts do make me laugh Apple

A mortgage by demise / sub-demise is not the same as a mortgage by legal charge. As you have posted the law only made one change and that was to abolish mortgages by demise / demise.

Mortgages by legal charge were not abolished.

;-) Keeping trying at the very least you get 10/10 for effort and imagination.

Edited by bhall

Yes Mark, I am Bones

Lol Is It Me?

You keep saying that I don't answer questions. Is that really the best you can do to try to discredit me or the information I post ?

Sadly, you don't get 10/10 for effort.

Clearly I have a life and I do try to answer as many questions as I can as my spare time allows.

As for what you keep under your hat..

Even on the debt avoidance websites, people are saying that this won't work.

If this stood any real chance, Claim Management Companies would be jumping all over it and we would be getting texts and phones calls from them about it. Even Claim Management Companies who will put a claim in for anything won't touch this with a barge pole.

Edited by bhall

Yes Mark, I am Bones

Lol your posts do make me laugh Apple

A mortgage by demise / sub-demise is not the same as a mortgage by legal charge. As you have posted the law only made one change and that was to abolish mortgages by demise / demise.

Mortgages by legal charge were not abolished.

;-) Keeping trying at the very least you get 10/10 for effort and imagination.

Yeah....ok Ben......

a 'legal charge' Ben...... is NOT the same as a "'mortgage by legal charge".......

A mortgage by legal charge "gives the same effect" as a mortgage by demise OR sub-demise........They are 'ABOLISHED'....

Apple

The same effect does not mean they are the same thing Apple

A charge by legal mortgage has the same effect as a mortgage by demise as it grants the mortgagee the powers as stipulated by the LPA 1925

Apple as you know s.205 of the LPA 1925

"Legal mortgage means a mortgage by demise or subdemise or a charge by way of legal mortgage"

The lra 2002 as you have posted in the explanatory note confirms that only a mortgage by demise or sub demise was abolished. A charge by way of legal mortgage has not been abolished.

S.87(4) of the LPA 1925 even states that a legal mortgage created by a charge by deed expressed by way of legal mortgage is not affected by s.23 of the LRA 2002 - (under which owner's powers in relation to a registered estate do not include power to mortgage by demise or sub-demise)

Edited by bhall

Yes Mark, I am Bones

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks