• Tweets

• So as I stated, I posted my letter off but over 2 weeks later I've had a visit from one of their reps. I didn't indulge him in any conversation, and I just stated that any such debts are statute-barred and closed the door on him. I was hoping they'd take notice of the letter. Where do I go from here? Thanks
    • I apologise if I was being unclear. Where it currently stands is that they will have it repair, placing scaffolding in our garden for 5 days. They have moved fast, but we will still have to postpone our contractors, meaning, we won't necessarily have the work done in time for the wedding and therefore will incur additional expenses for either a marquee or a wedding venue. They are vehemently against having any kind of liability in any regard but continue repeating that they are legally entitled to use our garden for their repairs (I believe this is true unless the work can be carried out using a cherry picker). The neighbour seems either indifferent or oblivious to the fact they can't reach all of the side of the roof from the space where they can place the scaffolding. They have asked their roofer of choice about using a cherry picker but the roofer has said it wasn't possible. It's not clear whether the roofer doesn't want to use a cherry picker or whether there is an issue with it. They have told us it is a problem that we are installing a gazebo as it will prevent them to access their roof from our garden in the future?!?  
    • Couldn't agree more, really wanted a true ruling on this just for the knowledge but pretty sure the Judge made some decisions today that he didn't need to?.. maybe they all go this way on the day? We hear back so few post court dates I'm not sure. Each Judge has some level of discretion. Their sol was another Junior not even working at their Firm, so couldn't speak directly for them! that was fortunate I think because if she would have rejected in court better, she might have  been able to force ruling, we are at that point!, everybody there!!, Judge basically said openly that he can see everything for Judgement!!!  but she just said "I can speak to the claimant and find out!" - creating the opportunity for me to accept. I really think the Judge did me a favor today by saying it without saying it. Knowing the rep for the sol couldn't really speak to the idea in the moment. Been to court twice in a fortnight, on both occasions heard 4 times with others and both of my claims, the clerk mention to one or both parties "Letting the Judge know if you want to have a quick chat with each other"! So, it appears there's an expectation of the court that there is one last attempt at settling before going through the door. So, not a Sol tactic, just Court process!. Judge was not happy we hadn't tried to settle outside! We couldn't because she went to the loo and the Judge called us in 10 minutes early! - another reason to stand down to allow that conv to happen. Stars aligned there for me I think. But yeh, if the sol themselves, or someone who can make decisions on the case were in court, I would have received a Judgement against today I think. She was an 'advocate'.. if I recall her intro to me correctly.. So verbal arguments can throw spanners in Court because Plinks dogs outsource their work and send a Junior advocate.
    • that was a good saving on an £8k debt dx
    • Find out how the UK general elections works, how to register to vote, and what to do on voting day.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Repossession questioned by deeds not being signed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ben, Ben, Ben...

The Borrower does not legally grant the Lender any such legal 'ownership' rights ....the Law prevents the Borrower from doing that...

The fact that HMLR by mistake take as 'valid' terms such as 'charge by way of legal mortgage' and 'full title guarantee' is a matter that is before the Property Chamber....

The example you post is notably to do with a charge made in 2001...ambiguously HMLR present this today as an 'example' on line.... it does not evince current substantiating legislation...they should remove it...look how it has confused you....what say other unwary Borrowers hey??? they are supposed to present to the public 'reliable guidance'... the example is far from that.....

You know as well as I do that we have moved on since the decision in 'paragon'....The Penders property was charged back in the 80's.... or early 90's....it should not be having the effect it has been allowed today as it did back then....valid charging clauses have all together changed now mate....that's just one of the issues that spring to mind with that decision when relied upon today.....imo

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple even the Land Registry's own form (CH1) which lenders could use instead of their own mortgage deed's states -

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/_media/downloads/forms/CH1.pdf

Screenshot_67_zps0ae81d34.jpg

'charges the property by way of legal mortgage'

Why would the form say that if a borrower was unable to charge the property by way of legal mortgage ?

Yes, that too needs amending...another little 'oversight' by HMLR - stands to mislead the public imo....they need to distinguish the relevance of that document and stop 'approving' lenders own forms of 'charge'.....that contain invalid charging clauses as similar to their own......that would go a long way to stop confusion,.....

I think I am correct in surmising that HMLR are more than 'complicit' with an unscrupulous lenders objectives due to these on-going failures to update their guides in line with the amendments made to legislation....

Apple

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Ben, Ben, Ben...

The Borrower does not legally grant the Lender any such legal 'ownership' rights ....the Law prevents the Borrower from doing that...

The fact that HMLR by mistake take as 'valid' terms such as 'charge by way of legal mortgage' and 'full title guarantee' is a matter that is before the Property Chamber....

The example you post is notably to do with a charge made in 2001...ambiguously HMLR present this today as an 'example' on line.... it does not evince current substantiating legislation...they should remove it...look how it has confused you....what say other unwary Borrowers hey??? they are supposed to present to the public 'reliable guidance'... the example is far from that.....

You know as well as I do that we have moved on since the decision in 'paragon'....The Penders property was charged back in the 80's.... or early 90's....it should not be having the effect it has been allowed today as it did back then....valid charging clauses have all together changed now mate....that's just one of the issues that spring to mind with that decision when relied upon today.....imo

Apple

Come on Apple, getting a wee bit silly now

Can someone who has a mortgage deed registered after the LRA 2002 came into effect please confirm or deny if the lender is still registered (as per the example) as the proprietor of the registered charge.

UNRAM, can you please look at your deed and confirm if in the charge section, your lender is detailed as the proprietor

Yes Mark, I am Bones

Can someone who has a mortgage deed registered after the LRA 2002 came into effect please confirm or deny if the lender is still registered (as per the example) as the proprietor of the registered charge.

UNRAM, can you please look at your deed and confirm if in the charge section, your lender is detailed as the proprietor

Nevermind... found one

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/guides/public-guide-1

Screenshot_68_zps368e27a9.jpg

28.11.2003 - The lender is still the registered proprietor of the registered charge Apple (over a month after the LRA 2002 commencement date of 13 October 2003) - This example shows one charge registered before the LRA 2002 and one charge registered after the LRA 2002 - Both charges have the lender as the registered proprietor - In otherwords the lender is the owner of the charge in both instances.

Should also be noted the above practice guide was updated in July 2013 - Therefore represents the current and uptodate guidance of the Land Registry

Edited by bhall

Yes Mark, I am Bones

Yes, that too needs amending...another little 'oversight' by HMLR - stands to mislead the public imo....they need to distinguish the relevance of that document and stop 'approving' lenders own forms of 'charge'.....that contain invalid charging clauses as similar to their own......that would go a long way to stop confusion,.....

I think I am correct in surmising that HMLR are more than 'complicit' with an unscrupulous lenders objectives due to these on-going failures to update their guides in line with the amendments made to legislation....

Apple

Apple

It is amazing how many things you feel need amending to fall in line with your assertions Apple. May be it is time to consider that it is not all these things that need amending but the assertions you have made.

Just saying.......

Edited by bhall

Yes Mark, I am Bones

It is amazing how many things you feel need amending to fall in line with your assertions Apple. May be it is time to consider that it is not all these things that need amending but the assertions you have made.

Just saying.......

Ben, I'm pleased you flag up a more up to date example.....however, the example as updated by HMLR shown as updated in July 2013...still fails to show a true example of what the law would recognise as containing 'valid charging clauses'....

Your allegiance to all things HMLR is commendable but remains wholly misguided...imo

If it is my assertions that you suggest need 'amending;.... then, you are essentially saying that my reliance on the LAW needs to be re-considered and effectively....you are suggesting that the LAW needs amending...

I did not make the LAW Ben.....I simply follow it...unlike as is clearly shown by way of the examples you have posted ...HMLR

Let's not waste time on your ego Ben....direct your posts to supporting the upcoming hearing at the Chamber.....that would make more sense...you are simply covering ground that has already been dismissed....

By the way...just a quicky....are you ready to let us know what your interpretation of a 'speciality contract' is as yet?....(That may be a more useful way of you taking time out to post on this thread)

Apple

Just to advise the unwary... Ben has resorted to posting up example copies of a 'title register'....which clearly confirm that they have been drawn up by virtue of 'invalid charging clauses' that are contained in the CH1 form or from a form of charge as approved by HMLR....i.e the 'deed'

Apple

This response from the Land Registry might be of interest to some

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/title_register_proprietor

This response is dated 13 February 2013

"When a company such as Santander lend people money to buy their property we note the mortgage in section C (Charges register). They are referred to here as being the ‘proprietor’ of the mortgage as they ‘own’ it and they remain on the title register until the mortgage is paid off by the property owner"

Yes Mark, I am Bones

This is another 'working example' of the title register from the Land Registry

In the charges section, it refers to a charge 1 September 2011, again the Lender is the registered proprietor (owner) of the registered charge

https://www.searchflow.co.uk/cms/downloads/Land%20Reg/LR_Electronic_Register_View_%28E%29.pdf

Yes Mark, I am Bones

This response from the Land Registry might be of interest to some

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/title_register_proprietor

This response is dated 13 February 2013

"When a company such as Santander lend people money to buy their property we note the mortgage in section C (Charges register). They are referred to here as being the ‘proprietor’ of the mortgage as they ‘own’ it and they remain on the title register until the mortgage is paid off by the property owner"

eeeerm ...notably the 'customer' asks HMLR to refer him to the LAW that they rely on.....typically.... and in keeping with all things 'ambiguous'....HMLR refer the 'customer' to their own misguided practices in this example Ben......

Santander only 'own' it because HMLR have no doubt relied that Santander's chargng clauses...are just as 'valid' as approved by them......not by the legislator...

Perhaps you can help HMLR out here Ben....can you point us to the law that says that 'charge by way of legal mortgage' or 'full title guarantee'.....which will have been the clauses relied on by HMLR to provide the response to the 'customer' after all....cheers?

If not....then.....Have you got anything a bit more convincing than this link please?

Apple

This is another 'working example' of the title register from the Land Registry

In the charges section, it refers to a charge 1 September 2011, again the Lender is the registered proprietor (owner) of the registered charge

https://www.searchflow.co.uk/cms/downloads/Land%20Reg/LR_Electronic_Register_View_%28E%29.pdf

Ben,

This example is more like the way that ALLL title registers should show,.....to depict as the law intends that the lender has no more than a notice that secures the indebtedness....not that the Lender is the 'owner' of the 'charge'.....

The charge....is a notice only...it is the Borrowers estate that it is noted on...and identifies that the Borrower consented to the 'notice' being entered...HMLR have entered it under the charges section ...where it should be...and nowhere else

Notably the notice is to the favour of Barclays....you know that bank, that would stand to be crucified all over again...(libor scandal) if this example showed something other than the LAW says it could legally do......

If Barclays sought to raise funds via securitisaton....it would not get this notice past the listing agencies as one that conferred any legal ownership rights...under close scrutiny....no chance....all Barclays could do is release it's own interest in relation to the debt...by way of notice to the Borrower....LPA s,136 I believe.... : 0

All together different to the deeds held by HMLR or that Borrowers have copies of hey Ben?

Got anything else up your sleeve mate....?

Apple

We must also not forget the Land Registration Rules 2003

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/1417/article/9/made

Contents of the charges register

9. The charges register of a registered estate must contain, where appropriate—

(a)details of leases, charges, and any other interests which adversely affect the registered estate subsisting at the time of first registration of the estate or created thereafter,

(b)any dealings with the interests referred to in paragraph (a), or affecting their priority, which are capable of being noted on the register,

©sufficient details to enable any registered charge to be identified,

(d)the name of the proprietor of any registered charge including, where the proprietor is a company registered under the Companies Acts, or a limited liability partnership incorporated under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2000, its registered number,

(e)an address for service of the proprietor of any registered charge in accordance with rule 198,

(f)restrictions under section 40 of the Act, including one entered under section 86(4) of the Act, in relation to a registered charge,

(g)notices under section 86(2) of the Act in relation to a registered charge, and

(h)such other matters affecting the registered estate or any registered charge as are required to be entered in the charges register by these rules.

Taking into consideration rule 9 of the LRR 2003, does any one have their own name and not their lenders name, registered as the proprietor of the legal charge ?

As Is It Me?'s friends deed is the one in dispute, may be he could confirm who the registered proprietor of the legal charge is in the Charges Register - This will no doubt be confirmed during the hearing anyway.

For that matter, anyone else that is contemplating following Apple's advice can check their own Title Register to see if their lender is the registered proprietor (owner) of the registered charge. This will allow you to see for yourself if Apple is right or not.

There will not be a single one where the borrower is the registered proprietor of the registered charge, as the borrower gave the charge to the lender, at which point following registration, it became the legal owner of the legal charge -

As confirmed by Pender the registered proprietor of the legal charge is the legal owner of the legal charge.

Enough from me for one day

Ben

Yes Mark, I am Bones

BUT BEN PLEASE OH PLEASE THIS IS THE CHARGE ONLY AND NOT THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE

It clear states ' IT IDENTIFIES THE OWNER'

AND THE CHARGES REGISTER IS XYZ LENDER AS THE PROPRIETOR OF THE REG CHARGE.

and that only.

Not far off Is It Me,

Better put, it identifies that Barclays are more the ' subject of a notice in the register',....they are not intended to 'own' the charge.....that's HMLR and Ben just 'chatting'.....when they speak of any lender 'owning the charge...

see here LRA section 30 (2)(a) (i):

30 Effect of registered dispositions: charges

(1)If a registrable disposition of a registered charge is made for valuable consideration, completion of the disposition by registration has the effect of postponing to the interest under the disposition any interest affecting the charge immediately before the disposition whose priority is not protected at the time of registration.

(2)For the purposes of subsection (1), the priority of an interest is protected—

(a)in any case, if the interest—

(i)is a registered charge or the subject of a notice in the register,

(ii)falls within any of the paragraphs of Schedule 3, or

(iii)appears from the register to be excepted from the effect of registration, and....

Apple

Ben dear Ben go and lie down in a dark corner,

you have once again answered your own question THE LENDER IS THE OWNER OF THE CHARGE NOTHING MORE

WHAT YOUR SAYING IF I am reading it right the lender owns your house ????

Thank you apple for having some faith in me, yes it has been hard to get some one any one to listen but now we have this has been going on for over 2 years so I can not see any court or tribunal not saying go away you have no case before now and as I said before and many times ' it is how the questions are put and answered ' which is the question.

So now its time to start getting back to a fair playing field because as I've said before this is only the start as when the rates go up many more people will be in this boat.

...NRAM are listed on my property's register of title under C: Charges Register as the proprietor of the charge. Is ownership of the charge entirely relevant to the case being built here? There has been so much back and forth over the charge I have lost sight over why it is relevant....

Edited by UNRAM

Ben dear Ben go and lie down in a dark corner,

you have once again answered your own question THE LENDER IS THE OWNER OF THE CHARGE NOTHING MORE

WHAT YOUR SAYING IF I am reading it right the lender owns your house ????

Thank you apple for having some faith in me, yes it has been hard to get some one any one to listen but now we have this has been going on for over 2 years so I can not see any court or tribunal not saying go away you have no case before now and as I said before and many times ' it is how the questions are put and answered ' which is the question.

So now its time to start getting back to a fair playing field because as I've said before this is only the start as when the rates go up many more people will be in this boat.

Exactly Is It Me?

The lender is the owner of the charge. As you understand, can you please explain it now to Apple :-)

No I am not saying the Lender owns the property. On the contrary a charge by way of legal mortgage does not transfer ownership of the property to the Lender.

The borrower grants the lender a charge expressed by deed by way of legal mortgage.

The lender only owns the charge not the property you or I live in.

Yes Mark, I am Bones

We must also not forget the Land Registration Rules 2003

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/1417/article/9/made

Contents of the charges register

9. The charges register of a registered estate must contain, where appropriate—

(a)details of leases, charges, and any other interests which adversely affect the registered estate subsisting at the time of first registration of the estate or created thereafter,

(b)any dealings with the interests referred to in paragraph (a), or affecting their priority, which are capable of being noted on the register,

©sufficient details to enable any registered charge to be identified,

(d)the name of the proprietor of any registered charge including, where the proprietor is a company registered under the Companies Acts, or a limited liability partnership incorporated under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2000, its registered number,

(e)an address for service of the proprietor of any registered charge in accordance with rule 198,

(f)restrictions under section 40 of the Act, including one entered under section 86(4) of the Act, in relation to a registered charge,

(g)notices under section 86(2) of the Act in relation to a registered charge, and

(h)such other matters affecting the registered estate or any registered charge as are required to be entered in the charges register by these rules.

Taking into consideration rule 9 of the LRR 2003, does any one have their own name and not their lenders name, registered as the proprietor of the legal charge ?

As Is It Me?'s friends deed is the one in dispute, may be he could confirm who the registered proprietor of the legal charge is in the Charges Register - This will no doubt be confirmed during the hearing anyway.

For that matter, anyone else that is contemplating following Apple's advice can check their own Title Register to see if their lender is the registered proprietor (owner) of the registered charge. This will allow you to see for yourself if Apple is right or not.

There will not be a single one where the borrower is the registered proprietor of the registered charge, as the borrower gave the charge to the lender, at which point following registration, it became the legal owner of the legal charge -

As confirmed by Pender the registered proprietor of the legal charge is the legal owner of the legal charge.

Enough from me for one day

Ben

Phew, I'm glad this will be all you will post for today mate..... : )

Let this be my last post for now too...

As long as you continue to confuse the effect of the Borrowers 'Registered Charge'....that's the Borrowers charge that is registered with HMLR before they use their owners "power to make a disposition of any kind permitted by the general law in relation to an interest of that description, other than a legal sub-mortgage," (LRA s.23 (2) (a) and the Borrowers "power to charge at law with the payment of money indebtedness secured by the registered charge" (LRA s.23 (2) (b)

You will unwittingly continue to believe that the Lender has derived this power as if he were the owner of the original registered charge with powers of the owner...who is the Borrower...other than by means of the invalid charge clauses as approved by HMLR....

Apple

THEN APPLE IS RIGHT they have to sign the deed!

We will find out if Apple is right or wrong at the hearing.

Just hope for your friends sake Apple is right. However, I can't in full honesty say Apple is right about anything Apple has posted with regard to property law.

Yes Mark, I am Bones

would you like to come to the hearing and hear it yourself?

I won't need to as the decision will be a matter of public record and will be available online.

It is not to late Is It Me?, for the sake of your friends family home, contact Ell-en etc and discuss this matter. There may be something that can be suggested to help your friend save his home.

Your friend has nothing to lose by at least you considering taking that step.

Don't put all your friends apples in one basket (no pun intended)

Yes Mark, I am Bones

Apple

Given that I do not know the securitization status of my mortgage and I don't think it is relevant in a case for presentation to the Property Chamber other than as further proof of lender possession, can we adapt your earlier representation to my circumstances so that I may get the ball rolling with PC myself...

This is my last post for the night....just as things are gearing up as well...but I've been at this the best part of the night and all day so far....

Remind yourselves what a 'valid charging clause' should ideally look like here:

http://www.landirect.ie/eng/Legal_Professional_Customers/Legal_Practices_Procedures/Approval_of_Deeds_of_Charge_Mortgage/Solicitors/Coakley_Moloney_Solicitors_January_2011.pdf

I think we should all attend the public hearing......all 17000 of us and growing...... : )

Apple

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks