• Tweets

• So as I stated, I posted my letter off but over 2 weeks later I've had a visit from one of their reps. I didn't indulge him in any conversation, and I just stated that any such debts are statute-barred and closed the door on him. I was hoping they'd take notice of the letter. Where do I go from here? Thanks
    • I apologise if I was being unclear. Where it currently stands is that they will have it repair, placing scaffolding in our garden for 5 days. They have moved fast, but we will still have to postpone our contractors, meaning, we won't necessarily have the work done in time for the wedding and therefore will incur additional expenses for either a marquee or a wedding venue. They are vehemently against having any kind of liability in any regard but continue repeating that they are legally entitled to use our garden for their repairs (I believe this is true unless the work can be carried out using a cherry picker). The neighbour seems either indifferent or oblivious to the fact they can't reach all of the side of the roof from the space where they can place the scaffolding. They have asked their roofer of choice about using a cherry picker but the roofer has said it wasn't possible. It's not clear whether the roofer doesn't want to use a cherry picker or whether there is an issue with it. They have told us it is a problem that we are installing a gazebo as it will prevent them to access their roof from our garden in the future?!?  
    • Couldn't agree more, really wanted a true ruling on this just for the knowledge but pretty sure the Judge made some decisions today that he didn't need to?.. maybe they all go this way on the day? We hear back so few post court dates I'm not sure. Each Judge has some level of discretion. Their sol was another Junior not even working at their Firm, so couldn't speak directly for them! that was fortunate I think because if she would have rejected in court better, she might have  been able to force ruling, we are at that point!, everybody there!!, Judge basically said openly that he can see everything for Judgement!!!  but she just said "I can speak to the claimant and find out!" - creating the opportunity for me to accept. I really think the Judge did me a favor today by saying it without saying it. Knowing the rep for the sol couldn't really speak to the idea in the moment. Been to court twice in a fortnight, on both occasions heard 4 times with others and both of my claims, the clerk mention to one or both parties "Letting the Judge know if you want to have a quick chat with each other"! So, it appears there's an expectation of the court that there is one last attempt at settling before going through the door. So, not a Sol tactic, just Court process!. Judge was not happy we hadn't tried to settle outside! We couldn't because she went to the loo and the Judge called us in 10 minutes early! - another reason to stand down to allow that conv to happen. Stars aligned there for me I think. But yeh, if the sol themselves, or someone who can make decisions on the case were in court, I would have received a Judgement against today I think. She was an 'advocate'.. if I recall her intro to me correctly.. So verbal arguments can throw spanners in Court because Plinks dogs outsource their work and send a Junior advocate.
    • that was a good saving on an £8k debt dx
    • Find out how the UK general elections works, how to register to vote, and what to do on voting day.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Repossession questioned by deeds not being signed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You are welcome : )

I am not sure, why you are asking the question....I could put two and two together - but.... I prefer that you tell me why you ask this question? and, if there was such a 'format' etc.... what purpose do you think it will serve???

Your reply will assist me direct the response on point.....

Apple

For 6 months NRAM have been refusing to disclose whether my mortgage was securitised. I need to know where to start looking to see for myself but I am having difficulties getting started and hoping there is some industry standard document I may refer to. However I will also be grateful for any assistance in discovering these facts...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For 6 months NRAM have been refusing to disclose whether my mortgage was securitised. I need to know where to start looking to see for myself but I am having difficulties getting started and hoping there is some industry standard document I may refer to. However I will also be grateful for any assistance in discovering these facts...

Gotcha... : )

Pleases tell me, what month of which year was your mortgage taken out?

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Apple just on a train but have heard that he has papers back from property chamber which gives him a hearing so. Please Ben tell me where and what apple has no done right

I have said before you are full of it so please don't waste people's time and hopes as this is going in the right direction and this only confirms it

Will amend letter to the points you raised

Thanks once again

I have been reading this thread with interest for the past week & I think I'm just about grasping this. First of all, as this is IS IT Me's thread, I wish him all the best in retaining his property and his fight against his lenders.

I have requested my mortgage deed and recently received this. The following information is seen -

Top of page certified stamp from solicitor 'we certify this document is a true copy of the original'

Lender and 'mortgage deed' in top right hand corner

Date: xxxx

YOU (the borrower): xxxxxx

WE (the lender): lender's details

The mortgage conditions: lender conditions 2001 (filed at HM Land Registry under ref: MDxxxx/xx)

The property: xxxxxxxxx

The title: xxxxxx

1. The mortgage conditions apply to this mortgage. You confirm that you have received a copy of the mortgage conditions and you agree to them.

2. You charge the property by way of legal mortgage with payment of all the money you have to pay us under the mortgage conditions. The mortgage is made with full guarantee.

3. We are obliged to make further advances on the conditions agreed between you and us. We apply to the Chief Land Registrar to enter a note on the register to that effect.

4 you hereby apply to the Chief Land Registrar for the registration against the registered title to the property of restriction in terms that (except under an order of the Registrar) no transfer or lease by the proprietor for the time being of this mortgage.

SIGNED AS A DEED by you in the presence of a witness(each signature should be separately witnessed but not by another borrower)

Borrower signature Witness

Xxxxxxxxx. Xxxxxxx

Form of charge filed at HM Land Registry under reference MDxxxx

1. Do I actually need to get hold of the original?

2. Is this my mortgage deed or do I need to get hold of anything else as it appears very poor and unprofessional!

3. There is absolutely no area or space on this document which can be signed by a lender and therefore executed. Is this usual?

4. part 2 states as above. Please clarify difference between 'charge the property by way of legal mortgage' and what Im led to believe is the correct and 'legal' wording -'mortgage by way of legal charge.' Is it simply the way this is worded which makes this a mortgage by demise? (Apart from the obvious absence of the lenders signature and the fact that my mortgage has obviously been sold on..)

4. UNRAM has asked the above question with regards to info on where you can find info as to if the mortgage has been securitised and who now owns this. I would also like to ask this question too....?

Any help would be most appreciated..... Thanks

My previous post is basically what I received from HMLR at a cost of £11. Ridiculous price for a copy of useless information in my opinion. Although it does tell me my deed number and the lack of lender signature. - no court action and nram.

Apple just on a train but have heard that he has papers back from property chamber which gives him a hearing so. Please Ben tell me where and what apple has no done right I have said before you are full of it so please don't waste people's time and hopes as this is going in the right direction and this only confirms it

Thanks once again

Hello Is It Me?

I hope you are well

I think I have been as clear as I can be in relation to where Apples arguments are flawed. I am sure you don't really want me to go through each one again.

Whilst I do wish your friend the best of luck, in terms of the readers of this thread and others apart from your friend that may be considering following Apple's advice, as a hearing has been granted (which will be a matter of public record and freely available to everyone as per the previously posted hearings of the former Land Registry Adjudicator) - The hearing will at the very least clarify which arguments made in this thread are based in law and which arguments are shall we say 'imaginative'.

I just hope that your friend, doesn't lose his home by following the advice given in this thread by Apple, rather than the sound, tried and tested advice found in the Home Repossessions forum, or more importantly in the Home Repossession Success forum that is provided by members of the CAG site team.

Neither myself or Apple have anything to personally lose by our contributions to your thread (maybe one might get a bruised ego). However, I do find it strange that whilst Apple has directed your friend on a certain course of action, if Apple was so sure of the arguments he/she has posted, why Apple has not challenged his/her own deed, by submitting an application such as the one, Apple has recommended that your friend submit- I am sure there is a reason for that - I am sure Apple does not intend to use your friend as a guinea pig for Apple's theories, with no risk at all for Apple, if those theories are proven at the hearing to be flawed.

I would like to say that I am personally very glad that your friend has been granted a hearing and hope that your friend gets the outcome he needs. Either way, it will being a conclusion to the discussions on this topic.

Best Regards

Ben

Edited by bhall

Yes Mark, I am Bones

Yes just what you did not want to happen and as you have as I have always stated here never given any help what so ever and I fully believe work for the lenders

And I ask here what advice do you give from stopping some one loading there home and again you say nothing

You can tell your bosses this is one they are not going to win and what would happen when they lose

Yes just what you did not want to happen and as you have as I have always stated here never given any help what so ever and I fully believe work for the lenders

And I ask here what advice do you give from stopping some one loading there home and again you say nothing

You can tell your bosses this is one they are not going to win and what would happen when they lose

If I worked for the lender or any other party that had an interest in line with that of the lenders, why would I suggest contacting the site team or following tried and tested advice,

If I worked for the lender, I would encourage you to follow Apples imaginative, untried and untested advice as it is by far the riskier option for your friend.

To be clear, I do not work for any mortgage provider or any other financial institution.

However, the hearing will resolve the discussions and arguments within this thread one way of the other.

If it turns out, through the course of the hearing that Apples arguments are flawed, will you still think that I work for the lender ? Even if it is shown the information contained in my posts was correct ?

Remember, both you and Apple have both joked previously that the initial response from the Property Chamber was identical to the information, I had posted. - You may find that may happen again.

Again, I wish your friend the best and hope he does not pay the price for testing Apples theories. I will monitor the relevant sources for the outcome of the hearing, with the hope that your friend succeeds.

Ben

Edited by bhall

Yes Mark, I am Bones

But as usael you say apple is wrong but what if he or she is right what then

Do you think for one minute you or I could waste the courts and chambers time no one from the site team has as far as I can see posted any thing on here

Why is that

Please do not waste any more of my or your time

I really don't understand why you think bhall works for any lenders Is It Me. I have seen a great deal of good advice from him on this thread, and good counter arguments for you to consider ahead if any hearing. As an example, bhall draws your attention in the post below to the tried and tested methods used on CAG to save people's homes. There's a great deal of very useful information there if you care to take the time to look.

Hello Is It Me?

I hope you are well

I think I have been as clear as I can be in relation to where Apples arguments are flawed. I am sure you don't really want me to go through each one again.

Whilst I do wish your friend the best of luck, in terms of the readers of this thread and others apart from your friend that may be considering following Apple's advice, as a hearing has been granted (which will be a matter of public record and freely available to everyone as per the previously posted hearings of the former Land Registry Adjudicator) - The hearing will at the very least clarify which arguments made in this thread are based in law and which arguments are shall we say 'imaginative'.

I just hope that your friend, doesn't lose his home by following the advice given in this thread by Apple, rather than the sound, tried and tested advice found in the Home Repossessions forum, or more importantly in the Home Repossession Success forum that is provided by members of the CAG site team.

Neither myself or Apple have anything to personally lose by our contributions to your thread (maybe one might get a bruised ego). However, I do find it strange that whilst Apple has directed your friend on a certain course of action, if Apple was so sure of the arguments he/she has posted, why Apple has not challenged his/her own deed, by submitting an application such as the one, Apple has recommended that your friend submit- I am sure there is a reason for that - I am sure Apple does not intend to use your friend as a guinea pig for Apple's theories, with no risk at all for Apple, if those theories are proven at the hearing to be flawed.

I would like to say that I am personally very glad that your friend has been granted a hearing and hope that your friend gets the outcome he needs. Either way, it will being a conclusion to the discussions on this topic.

Best Regards

Ben

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

March 2007. Thank you.

Hi Ya

Thanks for this... I will see what I can find...

A few posts back, I flagged up a link to securitisation documentation to do with Northern Rock that led to a link to Virgin Money....The Mortgage Sale Agreement therein confirmed that all the MD No's are contained on a CD Rom...You could start by contacting 'Clifford Chance' I think....and ask them to send you a copy....??

Just a thought....What do you think?

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Apple just on a train but have heard that he has papers back from property chamber which gives him a hearing so. Please Ben tell me where and what apple has no done right

I have said before you are full of it so please don't waste people's time and hopes as this is going in the right direction and this only confirms it

Thanks once again

That's fantastic news!!!!!!

WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!

When you have viewed the papers....let me know if there is anything we need to address...it may contain 'directions' that we need to adhere to in preparation for the hearing..

Speak soon : )

Apple

I have been reading this thread with interest for the past week & I think I'm just about grasping this. First of all, as this is IS IT Me's thread, I wish him all the best in retaining his property and his fight against his lenders.

I have requested my mortgage deed and recently received this. The following information is seen -

Top of page certified stamp from solicitor 'we certify this document is a true copy of the original'

Lender and 'mortgage deed' in top right hand corner

Date: xxxx

YOU (the borrower): xxxxxx

WE (the lender): lender's details

The mortgage conditions: lender conditions 2001 (filed at HM Land Registry under ref: MDxxxx/xx)

The property: xxxxxxxxx

The title: xxxxxx

1. The mortgage conditions apply to this mortgage. You confirm that you have received a copy of the mortgage conditions and you agree to them.

2. You charge the property by way of legal mortgage with payment of all the money you have to pay us under the mortgage conditions. The mortgage is made with full guarantee.

3. We are obliged to make further advances on the conditions agreed between you and us. We apply to the Chief Land Registrar to enter a note on the register to that effect.

4 you hereby apply to the Chief Land Registrar for the registration against the registered title to the property of restriction in terms that (except under an order of the Registrar) no transfer or lease by the proprietor for the time being of this mortgage.

SIGNED AS A DEED by you in the presence of a witness(each signature should be separately witnessed but not by another borrower)

Borrower signature Witness

Xxxxxxxxx. Xxxxxxx

Form of charge filed at HM Land Registry under reference MDxxxx

1. Do I actually need to get hold of the original?

2. Is this my mortgage deed or do I need to get hold of anything else as it appears very poor and unprofessional!

3. There is absolutely no area or space on this document which can be signed by a lender and therefore executed. Is this usual?

4. part 2 states as above. Please clarify difference between 'charge the property by way of legal mortgage' and what Im led to believe is the correct and 'legal' wording -'mortgage by way of legal charge.' Is it simply the way this is worded which makes this a mortgage by demise? (Apart from the obvious absence of the lenders signature and the fact that my mortgage has obviously been sold on..)

4. UNRAM has asked the above question with regards to info on where you can find info as to if the mortgage has been securitised and who now owns this. I would also like to ask this question too....?

Any help would be most appreciated..... Thanks

Hi and Welcome : )

I agree with you that your deed is poorly written, however, the key words in evidence suggest that your lender purports to be in possession of your property (‘legal estate’) to secure repayment of the whole loan/debt....by use of the words: “full guarantee”, and “by way of legal mortgage”.....The fact that it has not been executed by the lender falls within the assertions made in this thread, which is to say that the Disposition (the instrument used being the deed) is VOID....no lender execution...no disposition....due to be set aside....

I noticed that your deed makes reference to ‘mortgage conditions’ in 2001....when did you take out the loan?...

The reason I ask is because.....the words ‘full guarantee’ and ‘charge by way of legal mortgage’ were for all intent and purpose ‘valid charging clauses’ within the statutory provisions of the LRA 1925 ....this statute was the applicable law before the LRA 2002 came into being....but do not fear....it has never been ‘valid’ for a lender not to execute a deed.....(a deed is a speciality contract...for its validity it must be signed by the Borrower and executed by the Lender)....In fact it is the LP(MP)Act 1989 that abolished any reliance on what is said to be ‘part performance’ (i.e sight of a borrowers signature alone).....so, again, you should be ok to rely on most of what is posted in this thread....

So far, I believe there are Mortgage Securitisation documents floating about the threads for lenders such as:

Accord, SPML and NRAM....all of which can be found to have securitised the mortgages...all of whom have not executed the deed......is your lender any one of these??

Who ‘owns’ the mortgage is a question on the lips of many borrowers...what I have tried to do is suggest that Borrowers concentrate their focus on the deed...on the basis that if the deed is set aside...the intent of the legislator as far as I can tell...given the amendments to statute...... is that whomsoever ‘owns’ the mortgage will be left with nothing.....

Apple

Can I just say....

The posts on this thread do not look to undermine the excellent work and dedication carried out by site team members or anyone else who seeks to assist Caggers negotiate payment terms to stave off claims for possession....

This thread at no time seeks to rely on negotiating payment terms....this thread deals specifically and purposely with the invalidity or validity of a mortgage deed......and yes, we know it is not the 'norm'....but it is not intended that it should be.....

It has to be fair to say that 'Any' Cagger who seeks assistance to negotiate payment terms should rightly be directed to the tried and tested forums to do so.....If that is what a Cagger wants to do.....then This is NOT the place to find info to assist them......

This thread intentionally serves an all together different purpose......more than 16000 views....says that there are a growing number of Caggers/guests who have become aware of an issue to do with the deeds....Caggers/guests have every right to consider their options.....and to seek out information that may assist them to challenge/defend or if they viewing from a lending institution...to recognise that this matter is drawing growing public interest......so that when a lending institution submits a claim for possession - he should not take for granted that it will be a 'rubber stamped' deal....not when the defence highlights what the LAW says when the deed is un-executed and is VOID........and so long as there is public interest...the posts will continue.... to assist one and all...That as I understand it.....is in keeping within 'the spirit' of the CAG.....

Yes, Is It Me's Friend has chosen to follow the information contained in this thread....he could have sought to negotiate payments....he chose not to....that's his choice...

Let it be said and understood by one and all.......I do not need to 'guinea pig'....with respect, I am working with Is It Me, and even dare I say 'Ben' to assist Is It Me's friend so that others can 'guinea pig'..... that too is within the spirit of the CaG as I understand it...?

If the Property Chamber finds against the information submitted to them so far...that is not the end of the matter...there will be an appeal...without a doubt!

Apple

Hi and Welcome : )

I agree with you that your deed is poorly written, however, the key words in evidence suggest that your lender purports to be in possession of your property (‘legal estate’) to secure repayment of the whole loan/debt....by use of the words: “full guarantee”, and “by way of legal mortgage”.....The fact that it has not been executed by the lender falls within the assertions made in this thread, which is to say that the Disposition (the instrument used being the deed) is VOID....no lender execution...no disposition....due to be set aside....

I noticed that your deed makes reference to ‘mortgage conditions’ in 2001....when did you take out the loan?...

The reason I ask is because.....the words ‘full guarantee’ and ‘charge by way of legal mortgage’ were for all intent and purpose ‘valid charging clauses’ within the statutory provisions of the LRA 1925 ....this statute was the applicable law before the LRA 2002 came into being....but do not fear....it has never been ‘valid’ for a lender not to execute a deed.....(a deed is a speciality contract...for its validity it must be signed by the Borrower and executed by the Lender)....In fact it is the LP(MP)Act 1989 that abolished any reliance on what is said to be ‘part performance’ (i.e sight of a borrowers signature alone).....so, again, you should be ok to rely on most of what is posted in this thread....

So far, I believe there are Mortgage Securitisation documents floating about the threads for lenders such as:

Accord, SPML and NRAM....all of which can be found to have securitised the mortgages...all of whom have not executed the deed......is your lender any one of these??

Who ‘owns’ the mortgage is a question on the lips of many borrowers...what I have tried to do is suggest that Borrowers concentrate their focus on the deed...on the basis that if the deed is set aside...the intent of the legislator as far as I can tell...given the amendments to statute...... is that whomsoever ‘owns’ the mortgage will be left with nothing.....

Apple

Many thanks for your indepth insight into my situation - this is consistent with the material in this thread. Just to answer your question. My mortgage was taken out with Northern Rock now NRAM in Jan 2006. Is it not strange that my mortgage conditions supersedes the LRA 2002? I do have my mortgage application and offer paperwork, but that's as far as it goes. I have never signed any paperwork (apart from the deed) and do not have a contract apart from the 'speciality contract' which has not been signed by the lender. I'll have to do some digging for the conditions.

I did not consider this until now - mortgage terms & conditions specified on my deed (granted 2007) are dated 2001. Not like I'm paying too much (any) attention to them because (as I understand so far) not one term or clause is relevant due to Northern Rock's failure to reference them from a document signed by all parties to the contract. As I understand it so far... the 'contract' between myself and NRAM has no legal terms and conditions and therefore no form...

Just an observation... I don't want to divert further discussion from the deed...

Edited by UNRAM

Thank you apple on e again you have put into better words than I and like every one else in life you can chose to do Some thing or not some cagers may find that the lenders may take arrears payments on top of the monthly payment but what happens when the amounts keep going up like it will by the end of the year

As for being a g pig well if that's what it takes then so be it I for one would not be doing this if (a) there was any other way of dealing with the lender but when all they say is we want the house then it's time to say no your not (b) would as I say every one waste their time, the courts time, etc if there was not some thing in this and FULLY believe that this is on the right track

Apple

If the deed is set aside from the register, what happens to the charge on the property? Is that automatically removed? Is the charge a seperate registrable entry?

I understand I can obtain a copy of the charge from companies house: http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/forms/generalForms/MG01_particulars_of_a_mortgage_or_charge.pdf

The charge is clearly not the deed. Is the charge automatically invalidated if the deed is set aside? A few words of explanation on relationship between charge and deed would be useful.

What I want to really know is: is the property free from encumbrance if the deed is set aside or do I also need to apply for a (separate) removal of charge and if so, how would I go about it?

Edited by UNRAM

Excellent points made by both 'timetogoram' and unram....Thank you both for your timely contributions....

It would appear that many lenders will cause the deed to refer to whatsoever mortgage conditions that are 'live' at the time the deed is signed by you........

It would appear that they do not bother to amend or update the register should they update and impose upon you a change in those 'conditions'...

But I agree with UNRAM....given that the main 'charging clauses' contained in the deed is 'invalid'.....nothing, not even the fact that they are stating one set of 'conditions' against those that are in current use...will make no difference to the asserted fact in this thread.....that the deed for its intent and purpose.....is void.....

Apple

When I am hungry, I could eat a beef burger from McDonalds or a beef burger from Burger King. They are both beef burgers and both will have the same effect of not making me hungry anymore. However, whilst both being beef burgers, a beef burger from McDonalds is different from a beef burger from Burger King. Please excuse my rather simplistic analogy however, I think it is the only way I can make this distinction clear at this time.

This analogy is nearing perfection. Neither of these fast food junk products is close to being a "beef burger" the products are being mis-sold. I strongly recommend laying off the xxxx burger analogies they can cause bloating and flatulence. When you are hungry there are healthier things to eat... that are what they say they are...

This analogy is nearing perfection. Neither of these fast food junk products is close to being a "beef burger" the products are being mis-sold. I strongly recommend laying off the xxxx burger analogies they can cause bloating and flatulence. When you are hungry there are healthier things to eat... that are what they say they are...

Just having a bit of fun bhall no offense intended... I cant stand McNasty or Nasty King so any opportunity...

Thank you apple on e again you have put into better words than I and like every one else in life you can chose to do Some thing or not some cagers may find that the lenders may take arrears payments on top of the monthly payment but what happens when the amounts keep going up like it will by the end of the year

As for being a g pig well if that's what it takes then so be it I for one would not be doing this if (a) there was any other way of dealing with the lender but when all they say is we want the house then it's time to say no your not (b) would as I say every one waste their time, the courts time, etc if there was not some thing in this and FULLY believe that this is on the right track

Hi Is It Me

Cheers...as you know, first I was a 'horse' if you recall....now I'm a 'guinea pig'..... what next from the 'love' of my life...two sugars I tell you is all he gave me...and then after I drank the tea....I was led to think I would becomehis one and only, I was even willing to become part of his hare.....I should have known that the many times that he went off on 'vacation'....that something was up...... he came back the last time and dashed all my hopes to tell me he was in fact married....and...after all our courting and messing around...., he told me he no longer liked what was under my kilt...ever since.... the 'love' of my life has verbally abused me at any given opportunity....I just don't get it...if he doesn't want me...surely he should leave me alone...right?....you what... I think he still wants me.....but I can't prove it...I'm totally distraught...................LOL!!!

On a serious note Is It Me.....It is not an open and shut case as you know....there was much more work to do.....for a start....as you can see.... since having put together the draft written representation... I have posted more information to assist you make sense of the content within it.... It was important that I did, because it was not 'exhaustive'.....had time not been an issue...I can assure you ...that document would have been much longer....tighter.....

The important thing though is that your friend gets the chance to be 'heard'.....we will work on this moving forward....when know more...let me know and we will get on it...

Apple

Just having a bit of fun bhall no offense intended... I cant stand McNasty or Nasty King so any opportunity...

lol no offence taken UNRAM - I admit my choice of item was poor. However, the over riding principle I was trying to make I feel was clear :-)

However, the hearing will show if that principle is correct or not.

It will be interesting to see if the Property Chamber's stance changes from it's initial response -being

Apple

Here is the full reply;

Upon reading(?)lol the application dated 10th may under sec 108(2) of the LR Act 2002

and upon the tribunal considering that the application ought to be stuck out as there is no reasonable prospect of the application succeeding.

It is ordered as follows;

Her Majesty's land reg is to be removed as the respondent[ person against whom an order is sought] to this application

The applicant has until 5pm 16th July to make written representations in relation to the proposed striking out of the application

This order is made pursuant to rules 9 and 10 of the tribunal procedure (first tier tribunal property chamer rules 2013.

Reasons,

1 The application is to set aside a charge dated xxyyzzz made between (1) Lender and (2) the borrower HM land registry is not a party to that charge. The application is made under sec 108(2) of the LR act 2002. The tribunal has no power to make an order to alter the register when exercising its jurisdiction under sec 108(2).

It can only rectify or set aside a document under sec 108(2) and the register of title is not a document for the purpose of that provision.

So, HM land registry should not be named in part 3 of the application but the lender should be named instead of HM land registry.

Charges do not as a matter of law always require execution by the lender as well as the borrower.

The charge is created by the borrower not the lender so generally only requires execution by the borrower.

The applicant does not contest that they executed the charge so dated.

The charge is not in a form showing it required to be executed by the lender.

The authorities relied on by the applicants concerned whether documents had been properly executed and not whether a lender is required to execute a charge.

The land re form of charge CH1 does not require execution by the lender except where a note on the register of an obligation to make further advances has been applied for.

and that's it.

what I would say is that there has been no CH1 form nor have they really read the application because it does very clearly state that the lender should execute the deed.

I also note is uses the term generally, always and why say the tribunal can not rectify the register because it's not a document?

so what do you think apple lets prove your right.

Especially in terms of these two points that go to the very heart of this matter

Charges do not as a matter of law always require execution by the lender as well as the borrower.

The charge is created by the borrower not the lender so generally only requires execution by the borrower.

CH1 Form - Legal Charge of a registered estate

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/_media/downloads/forms/CH1.pdf

What I find most surprising is that the response you received would seem to have come straight out of Ben's mouth (sorry Ben, but it really does...lol)

To be honest, I really began to really consider that it was Ben that you mailed the application to - or maybe, the 'independent' Adjudicator from his 'independant office' passed your application to Ben to respond to?....................lol

LOL big time just what I was thinking funny how its word for word. I do not know where the ch1 form came from as like you say sent the ' deed ' with his application

Speak soon

As I have said previously the fact that the initial response from the Property Chamber is almost 'word for word' the same as the information I have posted, should be evidence of the accuracy of the information I have posted.

The hearing will bring much needed clarity to the information posted in this thread. As I posted previously the decision of the hearing will be a matter of public record and will be accessible to everyone that is interested in this topic. No doubt, in time the decision will be posted in this thread (minus any personal details). Despite, everything I do hope that I am wrong and that your friend is successful

I thought it may help IS IT ME? to be given an example of how the Property Chamber delivers it's decision. Whilst this particular decision is unrelated to the topic of this thread, it shows how quickly decisions are made public and the format used by the Property Chamber when delivering its decision.

http://www.residential-property.judiciary.gov.uk/Files/2013/July/MAN_00BQ_OAF_2013_1_03_Jul_2013_06_56_57.pdf

Ben

Edited by bhall
Spelling Mistake

Yes Mark, I am Bones

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks