Claim Form Recieved re Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got in this evening with a letter from Northapton CC.

Titled Judgement for claimant. Ordering me to pay the full costs. I thought I was waiting for statements etc and would not have expected this to happen?

what was your dates for file etc then

I thought you were on top of this?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

AOS - Acknowledgement of service, which you would have been able to do online. You did comment earlier in the thread about this and andyorch advised what to do.

This was the first thing to do when the claim was received and once that was done, you prepare your defence but as advised previously you have to be very aware of the strict timescales.

I can't see anywhere that you confirmed that the AOS was done so I'm guessing the judgement was issued because of this, but I'm not 100% sure as I've not seen this scenario before.

I am sure others will be along to confirm.

Yes, I got so far and did not know what to comment, I've done it now, but assume it's too late. I never wanted this to happen, except the never responded to my letters for a payment plan, they were not the only collector who dealt with this debt.

Now that this is in place, what steps do I take next?

Thanks

Hi thanks,

I got as far as the section where you put information where you wish to respond, as I failed to respond, the letter came, and it states: I am ordered to pay the collector and the amount, less £1

It's dated 30-05-2013 and says not to ignore.

OK, did you file an acknowledgement of service in time? If so did you file a Defence in time?

If in doubt, phone the court and ask.

Hi steampowered, if you have a full read through the thread, toobad was advised how to proceed and given the important deadlines. However it seems to me that the AOS wasn't completed in time which is why the judgement has been issued.

It may be too late now to back track on this, which is why I advised toobad to seek andyorch out.

• 1 month later...