• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CSA Payments

PeterM68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My ex-wife and I divorced over 10 years ago and I was paying regular monthly payments for my 2 girls. As part of the divorce, she got a court order saying I needed to provide P60s each year. She has never asked for them. About 4 years ago she decided to go through the CSA even though I have never missed a payment.

I recently lost my job but continued paying out of my redundancy money. That is now running out and I contacted the CSA to reduce the payments.

My ex and I have never had a good relationship since splitting up and she is now throwing her toys out of the pram and saying I need to provide P60s for the last three years. Fortunately I have a new job, which pays less, but means she'll only miss 2 months full payment.

I'm happy to provide the P60 for this year, but I don't see why she can now go back and demand previous P60s seeing as she wanted to go through the CSA.

I have always provided for my children and it's only the current situation that has caused this to change.

Any thoughts on the P60 issue?

Kind regards, Peter

As she decided to go through the CSA you have no obligation to produce any P60 to her , as she decided to go through the CSA they now call the shots they decide how much you pay and how you pay not your ex wife

The minute my ex wife decided that the CSA were a more lucrative option the game changed

Much the same as you i had a decent job in the criminal justice system we agreed a payment figure that i should make monthly plus add on,s school bus , trips and the such like , the price for not going through the CSA was she kept the proceeds from the sale of the house to pay a deposit on a smaller house for her and the children for three years it worked well

Then i was made redundant i managed to get a new job at a supermarket , i then worked out the % and altered the standing order to pay the exact same % that i had previously paid 20% (5% less than the CSA would have took)

Not good enough for her it seemed CSA contact me tell me the new figure slightley more than i was already paying

From that day i pay what i,m told by the CSA i do what they tell me i pay nothing else no bus no trips no shoes no extras that would go into my ex wifes account the CSA are in charge

My wages, what i spend, where i go are nothing to do with her i pay my CSA as far as im concerned she is nothing more than my hired help

My kids come to see me when they like, i have no contact with my ex at all

When the children complain about mum wont buy me this, that and the other , i simply say i give your mum £121 a week towards your up keep what she does with that money is entirely up to her

The CSA are what they are i for one find it stressful dealing with them , but when its sorted its done and alot less stressful listening to some bitter and twisted ex banging on when things have gone sh** for her in her love life

So, does the fact that she now goes through the CSA negate the court order? I can't see how she can have it both ways to be honest. I've always paid directly to her account as she was happy with that even though she wanted the CSA to work it all out. I may now contact the CSA again and say I want it all done through them. She is very bitter and vindictive and any conversation I try to have with her ends up in an argument, which is not what I want.

You would not believe the texts I am now getting from her. Dictating when I can now see the girls (13 and 15) and telling me that I am not a responsible parent - we have them three days a week until 7-8pm (she won't let them sleep over as it affects the CSA money) and they sleep every other Friday night. The reason I left my previous job was that I was able to work from home and they wanted me in every day. I now have a job that is 30 mins from home and allows me to get home in time so that I can see them. My ex-wife works 20 minutes away and never gets home until 7pm. I don't want to judge her, just put things in perspective. I love my girls more than life and would do anything for them including giving up a good career to be able to see them.

If the court order is invalid, I can tell her that and then look to get my own court order to see the girls if necessary.

Thanks again for any advice given :-)

Kind regards, Peter

Legally im not sure but i would have thought so , CSA Have trampled all over the court orders that were set up , just call her bluff Peter word of advice change your mobile number , if she comes around your house call the police they will remove her , restraining order

Hi Simon, I can put up with her whining and she wouldn't have the nerve to come to the house. Underneath it all she is quite a nasty person (her step-daughter hates her) but only likes to text and email! I do not like conflict so I don't put myself in the position of having an argument on the doorstep...

Just read that link i would think you are correct that a court order is invalid , beside that what can she do anyway the CSA will have that info so she would only be telling them what they already know