howben99 vs barclays

howben99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to all i have just joined CAG and thought I would let you know where i am upto with my claim against barclays first letter requesting statments sent 6/6/06 giving them 40 days to reply, after 40 days gentle reminder 18/7/06 sent first request of repayment of £1637.98 (no response). Sent second letter 8/8/06 received response looking at claim but will take upto 4 weeks. 26/8/06 received offer of £600.00 as gesture of good will, sent letter refusing offer, final letter from barclays its that offer or nothing. now its the scary time and now getting doubts

Hi, and welcome. If you sent your second LBA letter on the 8th of August, you could have filed at court on the 22nd of August.

Are you giving them the time to get back to you in their timescale?

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

yes i did but trying to get stronger now

but now having to take them to court and getting worried again, would you recomend filing on line if so do i but the barclays branch address or the head office in london

Don't worry about taking them to court. It's a lot simpler than you might think and it's the only way to get Barclays to pay up.

Online or over-the-counter at your local county court - it's your choice - either will do.

Online is easier and quicker but the paper form at the local court gives more space for your details, and allows you to attach your schedule of charges (which would have to be sent later if you claimed online) - but you do have to produce three copies (one for the court, one each for the defendant and yourself).

I used the paper forms, but I needed to as I qualify for fee exemption (online you must pay then and there).

Use either the branch or the head office address, it doesn't matter. Either way it'll be passed on to the Barclays' legal department.

Steady the nerves!! We're all behind you.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.