CapitalOne- The beginning

scottishpol
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, after alot of reading, I have just requested all statements since the opening of my account on the 11/10/01, by phone.

No DPA charge was mentioned by the Indian customer assistant, Prabeen. He informed me, they would be posted out, and arrive within seven working days. We shall wait and see!

And so it begins..........

Hey good to see you taking the initiative.. I requested my statements by phone as well - and they didn't mention £10 to me either.. (10 days is up Friday so we'll see)..

Good luck

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

• 4 weeks later...

Well its now been 19 working days since my request for all statements with regard to my credit card and nothing has been delivered.:-x

Called customer services on the 19/04 to enquire about the wherebouts of my statements and was told that my request was processed on the 11/04 and that it would be 7-10 working days from this date. Which would make the 25/04 the 10th working day. Still, nothing had arrived.

Called customer services again on the 02/05, and was informed that all statements has been sent out with a covering letter signed be a Lee Powell. As nothing had arrived to date I asked if another set could be sent out to me by means of recorded/special delivery and was told that this was not possible and I would have to wait another 7-10 days for the second set of statements to be sent.

What worries me is the fact that somewhere, if the customer advisors are to be believed, is my entire account history and information.

This is of grave concern as anybody could use my account details that would be enclosed.

Should I ring them again and ask for my account details to be changed incase of possible fraudulent activity due to the careless loss/handling of my details?.

I am also considering putting in a complaint to the IC. Would this be a good idea?

well yes i guess it may be prudent to change account details - that is a security issue for you/capital one to consider.

as regards the statements - they may turn up over next few days.. if not at least you have the second set on the way... however (see there's always a but);

When i got impatient with capital one over the very same reason, I simply rang up Customer Services, and asked them to go through ALL the charges date by date with me over the phone.

They did! They can in fact do it quite quickly once the statements have downloaded to their systems.

Also, the guy let slip, that he could see on the screen a summary saying how many charges had been applied in total (broken down between overlimit and late payment charges) since the account was opened... he even asked me to confirm that the charges and dates that he had supplied corresponded with this total?!? very helpful really, and quite good way to get a figure out of them so that you can get the ball rolling...

Of course once you receive the actual statements you can double check.. but there is no reason why you can't send the prelim letter based on the amount calculated as a result of the telephone disclosure..

PS ring the freephone number, and press *** this should put you in a queue to speak to a UK customer service agent... far more helpful!

Thanks for the speedy reply Don:cool:

I think everytime I enter my account details on the phone I am automatically forwarded to the Indian call centers, probably due to my previous heated discussions with their so called customer services.

I will try your *** thing and see how I get on. Thanks for the tip.

Interesting that they have this information right infront of them. I will give it a go after I have my tea:D

I am in exactly the same situation, requested my statements, told 10 days, then after 2 weeks I phoned yesterday and was told they have been posted out and would probably be with me today..still no statements.

I may have to try phoning and ask for charges over the phone too.

Halifax acc 1: 1st request letter sent 20/4/2006

LBA sent 27/04/2006

1st action filed Kirkcaldy Sherriff court 03/05/06

Halifax acc2 (closed): 1st request sent 03/05/06

LBA sent 11/05/06

Capital 1: 1st request sent 11/05/06

Should really get everyone who has the time and patience to actually ask for charges to be given over the phone in addition to the posted statements.. that way we can monopolise Capital One's time in the same way that they do ours... cost them a bit of money at the same time in servicing the calls too...

That might light a rocket up their bums and ensure they treat us all with a degree more respect than a council pest controller who stumbles across a cockroach while on a routine patrol.

Sorry I really despise Capital One. They are such morons. And I cannot wait to close my account. 19 days for your statements. what a bunch of retards.

Still not received my statements:-x

Although today (dated 0405), I did receive a letter from C1 thanking me for asking them to change mt direct debit details. Only problem is, is that I never asked them to do such a thing:confused: and the "changed" details were the same as they have always been.

Don, I tried your *** thing and it worked!, got straight through to a UK call center. Phoned to enquire as to the whereabouts of my statements and to ask why I had received the above letter. "Can you hold the line please" she said, "no problem" I said, and then she hung up on me:x .

Did the same again, only this time my call went through to India.

Asked to be put through to a UK center straight away and was, was then told that two sets of statements had been sent out and that it was Royal Mails fault, not C1's. Talk about passing the buck!

Anywho....I have now lost all faith in C1 to deal with this so I have sent my dpa request off so there is no room for "Royal mails" errors again.

Funny how I still received my letter re. spurious D/D details.

I think C1 are using this as a delay tactic, so from now on it will be straight down the line with these barstewards!.

Babes66- Dont waste your time, just go for the dpa request. They cannot ignore letters.

Morons they are, morons they will always be!

Thanks for the advice scottishpol, but my statements finally arrived today!! Miracles Do happen!

Time to write a request for the £400 they've taken from me now:D

Moderated : for the protection of the site please do not post comments that may be viewed as libellous .

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

I used the credit card template from the library here, but will use the Govan template when it comes to filing the action.

Keep phoning and nagging them, it took me three calls before the statements finally arrived. Keeping my fingers crossed yours are "in the post" too:)

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks