HSBC - Offer made - Offer withdrawn

pualypaul
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After sending my Letter Before Action for an overcharged fees claim of more than £4000 I discovered at my branch that I had been replied to, though this letter was never received through the post (I asked the branch employee to print a copy from file).

It contained an offer of £2000 (intimating that I had requested only £2000) dated 28/09/06 and giving me 10 days to respond. I accepted the offer on 3/10/906 as partial payment and then received a letter dated 09/10/06 saying the offer "has therefore been withdrawn". It says;

"The bank does not agree with your contention that the charges that have been imposed constitue a penalty and are therefore unenforceable... In respect of overdrafts, I would refer you specifically to clause 7.11 in section 2.

Anyone had anything similar?

Do I go straight to a court filing or ask them why they made an offer then withdrew it?

Should I read anything conspiritorial in the letter that was never received (or possibly never sent?) that gave me a limited response time and that when I did respond was withdrawn?

It is normal for them to offer 50% first just to see if you will acept it - when you dont they withdraw the whole offer. Stick to your timetable - you must be at MCOL stage now...

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007