Home Eviction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ring Shelter and see if they can point you in the direction of a lawyer - you need to make sure the lawyer you get is well versed in this type of case.

Also, check your home insurance to see if you have legal cover - they may be able to provide a lawyer

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurrah! Well done.

Just back from a day in court myself, and logged in to check how you'd got on. Very pleased that you managed to gain a stay whilst your appeal is looked at.

As I said before, you will need a lawyer, so please ensure you do your best to find one. As it is your home at risk you may be entitled to legal aid, it will, of course, depend on your income, but it is worth investigating.

You don't have much time, however, and whilst I'd love to say you can sit back and relax for a bit, you really can't. You need to find a lawyer soon, so that they can go over all the paperwork and see what assistance they can give you. The more time they have to do that, the better.

But for tonight, sit back and have a nice dinner!

Yes, I saw District Judge Bowles and the judge that rulled against me was Deputy District Judge Smart.

I have a hearing for the appeal on friday 8th at 010:00. I also now have a lawyer,we had a conference together yesterday. He seem very confident.

I will keep you up to date.

Thanks very much for everything.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I had my hearing for Friday but the appeal did not take place. The judge asked asked the lawyers to try and reach an agreement. After 2 hours they were able to agree with the consent of the mortgage company to reduce the arrears payment from £200 PM to £50 PM for 12 months and put the mortgage payments back where they were in 2005 (£325 PM) for 12 months. There will be a review in 12 months if I fail to meet the payments. This is good for me because I can manage this now. £375 pm is good.

We took the kids out for dinner on Friday that's why I did not write.

I want to say thank you to all of you who have saved our home and a special thank you to Lea_HTH for keeping the faith when I had lost all of my own, thanks so very much.

We have all started doing charitable work: my wife started yesterday and I started today. Thanks for opening our eyes.

That's great news - well done. :) I hope that things go smoothly for you from now on.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Reading this has brought tears to my eyes. Poor poor BlessedGuardian having to go through so much stress and actually being hours away from the Bailiffs coming round. Reading the part where you wrote about putting your possessions in the garden in case you got back from Court and the Bailiffs had been was absolutely awful. I am so pleased that with the help of this site and your determination and strength you have had a positive outcome - a well deserved one as that. Best wishes to you :)

UPDATE: I had my hearing for Friday but the appeal did not take place. The judge asked asked the lawyers to try and reach an agreement. After 2 hours they were able to agree with the consent of the mortgage company to reduce the arrears payment from £200 PM to £50 PM for 12 months and put the mortgage payments back where they were in 2005 (£325 PM) for 12 months. There will be a review in 12 months if I fail to meet the payments. This is good for me because I can manage this now. £375 pm is good.

We took the kids out for dinner on Friday that's why I did not write.

I want to say thank you to all of you who have saved our home and a special thank you to Lea_HTH for keeping the faith when I had lost all of my own, thanks so very much.

We have all started doing charitable work: my wife started yesterday and I started today. Thanks for opening our eyes.

This is excellent news - I am very pleased for you and your family. I do hope you had a lovely meal last Friday night!

And well done for doing some volunteering work - it really is possible to make a real difference to others' lives, so anything you can do to help them is a real positive.

Enjoy your home!