Jump to content

Angel Steele

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

24 Excellent

About Angel Steele

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I've had a look through the statements and yes they did add fees and charges but in the end they were mostly refunded as I made numerous complaints to them about this. Lloyds did send me a letter of assignment in 2015 advising they had sold the debt to Cabot. I will pay back what Cabot paid for the debt, which would not have been the full amount of £1,500. Is there a template letter in the Library here that I could use?
  2. I had a £1500 overdraft on my current account. Following redundancy in 2013 I couldn't pay it off and then Lloyds closed the account and now Cabot have the debt. Until I recheck the docs from the SAR from last year I don't know when exactly they sold it on. I do know that Lloyds defaulted me on my credit report and then Cabot defaulted me with it too so I had two defaults despite me not defaulting with Cabot. They have both since gone from my credit report for just after a year.
  3. I didn't open it. It is an overdraft from 2013 which I couldn't repay due to redundancy then. Not sure what you mean by only Cabot can do that. Surely that conflicts with what you say!
  4. From above - £1,500 overdraft that Lloyds sold to debt collector. Letter from Cabot says "I have been selected for legal action to commence by our solicitors because I am not making payments. If you continue to ignore then this account will be passed to our solicitors who will then look to obtain a CCJ. Take action today and avoid a CCJ. We don't want to have to take this matter to our sols but if you do not take action within one month this will happen" Scare tactics I know but a SAR didn't reveal anything last year. Can I send a CCA or does it have
  5. No, the original debt was with Lloyds Bank. £1,500 ove
  6. I SAR-ed the bank, Lloyds, last year for PPi purposes and there was nothing relating to them passing this over to a DCA. Why am I sending a SAR in the first place? They wouldn't be sending me docs relating to them passing debt to Cabot would they? Also if I recall a SAR takes absolutely ages. I have had a further letter from Cabot telling me I now have 21 days before they start court proceedings.
  7. The overdraft was £1500. The outstanding amount is now £1411 so not interest and fees I don't think. I have only been paying £1 a month. I stopped paying them when I discovered the AA loan debt which is also with them had been written off. They are now threatening CCJ proceedings. I know it is a threat-o-gram but as it is not a loan or credit card I'm asking what letter would be appropriate as I can't CCA them as such.
  8. One of the debts with Cabot is for a fairly small overdraft I had. I can't CCA for this can I so can you suggest what I need to ask for when I write to them?
  9. Thanks dx. I tried to find my old posts but couldn't.
  10. No not so far but I am going - yes I was thinking that too!
  11. Cabot state "they have liaised with the AA who state the account was not written off as I suggest, and that I am liable for the full outstanding balance. When the AA use the term "written off", they are referring to an internal process in which they have written off recovering the debt through normal procedures. They must follow this process in order to move the account to their Recoveries Department". The original debt was £9,300. If the debt has been sold on to Cabot then they have only paid a proportion of that to the AA and now continue to chase me for
  12. The AA loan that I took out in 2005ish having done the rounds with various unpleasant debt collection companies is now with Cabot. I have been paying the minimal amount of £1 per month. Following requesting and obtaining SAR documentation for PPI purposes in July last year from the AA I noted in the reams of paper I was sent that it said the loan was a "bad debt" and would therefore be "written off". This was just in a print out - not an actual letter from them. I contacted Cabot in September to say I was now disputing the debt and would not be paying
  13. It does seem bizarre that Tesco want me to sign to authorise them to send the CCA to Intrum who in turn will send on to me as per my request in the PAP I sent them way back in June. Yes I will ignore now.
  14. So no I don't need to sign form authorising them to sent CCA to Intrum so they can in turn send it to me. No I haven't moved - address Tesco have is correct one.
  • Create New...