Claim Form DLC/Hillies old-MBNA credit card *** Settled by Tomlin Order***

Alloyz1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sounds good, if you're happy, and better if they will accept a plan (they didn't say whether it had to be a lump sum?)

Edited by Ford

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, thank you for the comments as always

I want a F&F settlement with no admittance of liability, no court order and a payment plan.

Is it as simple as negotiating this including a discontinuance; or does it have to go to court?

Can it go to court and the court orders a no liability order? (is there even such a thing :) )

Is it safer to actually go through the court for this settlement?

Too many questions... I know.. but I appreciate all the feedback.

A

Okay, thank you for the comments as always

I want a F&F settlement with no admittance of liability, no court order and a payment plan.Tomlin Order or Consent then

Is it as simple as negotiating this including a discontinuance; or does it have to go to court? If you go with the above the claim is stayed...you wont get a discontinuance...its already in court

Can it go to court and the court orders a no liability order? (is there even such a thing :) ) No such thing

Is it safer to actually go through the court for this settlement? The Tomlin Order or Consent is sealed by the court

Too many questions... I know.. but I appreciate all the feedback.

A

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy

One last thing (hopefully)

If I get a settlement with a payment plan, through court, is it admittance and therefore I get a ccj or is it classed as something else with no negative record ( as long as payment is made)??

A

No its an agreement to halt litigation...the claim is stayed until (if) you breach the terms of the Tomlin Order then judgment is applied (if thats in the terms of the schedule)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

All clear Andy thanks.

Read up on TO as well so understand where I need to take this.

Will be asking for a TO, payment plan and a reduction of their offer settlement sum.

I think the Strike Out request has shaken them along with the WS they say they have not recieved.

Well thats my theory anyway!!

Thanks for your help as always everyone and I will let you know how we progress this.

A

Thanks Andy

I am sending them a proposal settlement today and will set out my terms (it will give me an indication of how shaky they think the ground is under their case now- or just how kean they are to get rid of me!!).

If they agree (or we negotiate to an agreement) to a TO, I understand a schedule and order is drafted. Would you be able to look over it for me if I draw it up?

Appreciated as always

A

You can propose a TO but its the claimant that drafts the schedule (initially) you can agree or disagree and add input though. Dont post any details of the schedule here Alloyz as the terms of the schedule are private and that in its self would be a breach.:wink:

Negotiations ongoing

Started with their demand at £14'000 plus, then £5'000 now £4'500 now.

I have shown willing increased my offers £2'700, £3'000 and now £3'250 with TO.

Hopefully agree shortly and sealed by court.

Would there be a cost implication in all this or could I/ should I mention that as part of my negotiations?

A

The defendant may be expected to meet the cost of the TO £40....but you should be requesting that parties stand their costs in the case so far.

Quick update and I am aware they are probably tuned in to this thread!

Negotiations stuck! They have dug their heals in and are not prepared to negotiate any further.

I will await a trial date for the set aside and strike out, which they have stated they will not oppose the set aside but will defend the strike out

A

The hearing on 1st Oct is the set aside hearing, which they have said they will not object to, but will object to the strike out.

So I presume there will be a separate hearing for the original claim if it is set aside?

It would be great to settle it before, because of some of the stories I've read!!