boss said he will only keep my job open for 6 months

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I am employed has a class 2 driver i being with the company since april 2011. I was pregaent in april when i notify my boss and the company did a risk assesment and we decided i couldnt carry on doing the driving job while pregent due to health and safety has i was at risk of falling from the wagon and also i couldnt lift the any loads of the vehicle. So we agree that i be train on the computer system and help out, then a lady from another branch was leaving and she did admin so i moved to that branch which was closer to me anyway and i do that job until i go on maternity leave then on my returned back to work of maternity i be doing my old job. Right not a problem so far apart from before i left the branch to work at the other branch i was told by the boss/manager that he can only keep my driving job open for 6months when my maternity starts.

I just wonder if he can hold me like this has i love the driving job and i thought that my job would be save for me at least for the 12months if i decided to stay off that long, it is more and likely i go back at the end of 9months. I feel pressure in returning to work early then i want too. Can he do this?.

You are only entitled to return to the "same" job for up to the first 26 weeks of maternity leave.

After 26 weeks, you're entitled to return to a similar role, where the terms and conditions are no less favourable. So yes, your boss could theoretically ask you to move to another job role, as long as it is deemed suitable.