Vincethod vs Barclays

vincethod
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Congratulations Vince. I like the others, am amazed how easily you have got your money, but lets not detract from your fine victory. I wonder if this is the beginning of a new Barclays' tactic? Maybe they are finally accepting what we have been telling them all this time. They will not win!

Guest SpirallingIntoControl

Congrats Vince! - I'm a couple of weeks behind you in the process. As others have mentioned, this does seem to have been settled very quickly by Barclays standards.

Fingers crossed, maybe Barclays have re-thought their usual position of leaving it until a day or two before the court case before coughing up what was not theirs to take... Unlikely, but we can all hope!

Congrats again; and have fun celebrating.

Thanks everyone, the hangover's fading slowly now...

My only thoughts on the matter of why a) they made such a seemingly large initial offer (£1000 vs 1300 = 76%) and b) why the rolled over so easily is that my claim only covered charges from 2004-2006, because 1) I already had the statements and had already typed them all in, and 2) I don't think I incurred that many charges before then.

But I do imagine Barclays have ready access to the actual amount I could claim over 6 years and maybe they've made a calculation based on that - I'm slightly tempted to find out what the 'missing years' 2001-2004 would reveal. I have signed for Full & Final settlement, but surely that only applies to the original claim (2004-2006) doesn't it?

However, this kind of thinking can drive a body insane. I and actually happy with what I have so far.

Other interesting point, Barclays must not have trained their Swansea staff in the ins and outs of their defence as I'm sure that at one point someone mentioned if the claim was going back 7 (seven) years - Maybe someone at Barclays broke a mirror!

Vince

"Well, as through this world I've rambled

I've seen lots of funny men.

Some will rob you with a six-gun

And some with a fountain pen."

Pretty Boy Floyd, Woody Guthrie 1940

"Some things never change", Vince 2006

All advice given is based on my reading of others' experiences on this site. I am not a lawyer, nor am I a beagle, a grapefruit or a trampoline. I will not be filed, sorted, classified or parboiled. I am not a number, I am not an animal, I am the walrus (goob goob a joob)