Hello from vincethod

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Just joined, and am very interested in recovering bank charges, but am a little concerned about two things:

1) I assume the banks are aware of these forums, and that their legal teams are reading them, would any admissions / declarations here potentially damage a claim?

2) I think I may have jumped the gun two feet first by firing off the letter (amended as appropriate) that can be found on here http://www.govanlc.com/step1_letter.html (letter 2) to the customer relations department at Barclays, before reading the FAQ here, looks like this isn't the quick process that I had first imagined. So I'm not sure if I've already cocked up and even if I've sent the letter to the right people.

I'll start a thread in the Barclays forum as soon as I've read and digested what I can from this site. Hope to see you all over there!

Vince

"Well, as through this world I've rambled

I've seen lots of funny men.

Some will rob you with a six-gun

And some with a fountain pen."

Pretty Boy Floyd, Woody Guthrie 1940

"Some things never change", Vince 2006

All advice given is based on my reading of others' experiences on this site. I am not a lawyer, nor am I a beagle, a grapefruit or a trampoline. I will not be filed, sorted, classified or parboiled. I am not a number, I am not an animal, I am the walrus (goob goob a joob)

Hi Vincethod

See what they say to this letter and have you got all your statements? if not then start the process by sending the DPA SAR and then go from there.

Keep reading as much as possible and start the thread and please keep to one for all your questions and we will all support you along the way.:)

Good luck :)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Thanks Welly,

I've just started with a rather lengthy post on the Barclays forum, so I'll let my concerns get answered over there.

Vince

"Well, as through this world I've rambled

I've seen lots of funny men.

Some will rob you with a six-gun

And some with a fountain pen."

Pretty Boy Floyd, Woody Guthrie 1940

"Some things never change", Vince 2006

All advice given is based on my reading of others' experiences on this site. I am not a lawyer, nor am I a beagle, a grapefruit or a trampoline. I will not be filed, sorted, classified or parboiled. I am not a number, I am not an animal, I am the walrus (goob goob a joob)