NatWest Credit Card Late Payment Charges - over 6 years ago

Blagton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

First off I have made a similar post in the Barclays sections too – hope that's OK and not seen as a duplicate post ?

I know, I know – much written already but I have spent the last few days reading through the many threads on here and elsewhere to try and get my head around things !

As with others who have have “left it late” why I have never got on with this earlier I don't know.......anyway...

My enquiry just relates to Late Payment charges only.

I have a NatWest VISA and Mastercard that go back some years when Barclays gave you just Barrclaycard VISA and other banks Access.

From late 90's to mid 2000's all four cards had fluctuating and at times high balances that resulted in quite (ahem) a bit of interest together with late payment charges varying from, initially £10, £15, £18, £20 and then back to allegedly “acceptable” £12.

Most of these charges were made over 6 years ago.

From mid 2008 all card balances were cleared and have since been operated without any late payment or interest charges.

I have all my original statements going back over this and earlier periods so have documentary evidence.

There is about £1200 in total Late Payment charges of which £350 or so is above the £12 figure.

So I guess my questions based around “Can I still claim ?” are:

1. Should I claim for the charges only even though most are over 6 years. I have seen some mention on other forums that over 6 years and its Statute Barred and cannot be claimed whereas on here I see some that have had success.

2. If I was to claim should it be for all the charges and add interest (compound) – if so at what rate (Statement ?) and to what date - my claim date or when the balances were cleared ?

3. Should I just claim for the charges over the complete period but only those over £12 ? Plus interest ?

4. Not bother too late :-(

Thanks very much in advance for any info/input.

Blagton.

• 1 year later...

Doh old thread and nobody saw you.

Just going through the process now with Natpest.

Did you carry on the process?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.