Notice to owner - info required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys , new here and have a question regarding a Notice to owner.

I was parked in a Barnet (london) Council carpark on the 28/11/12, I usually do Pay by phone but had forgotten, until about 9am ... when I did pay the usual amount...

I have today 3/1/12 received a Notice to Owner, with a £60 fine saying my car was parked there at 08:39 on the 28/11, which Is fair enough it was before the time I had paid ( as I think charging starts at 8am ).

My questions are as follows : i have not received a parking charge notice ever, just this notice to owner.

Their website says theres a 50% discount if the PCN is paid within 14 days, but I have not received a PCN , just this Notice to Owner. So I cannot not get a discount which I think is unfair.

My second question , is that I read somewhere that the PCN has to be issued within 28 days of the incident. Or it is invalid .... Is this true ? ? Ive tried to look on tha patas website but find it all very confusing ... The dates on my notice are

DATE OF SERVICE OF PCN 28/11/12

DATE OF THIS NOTICE 02/01/13

Any advice appreciated ......

Many thanks

The council will obviously believe that the CEO correctly placed the PCN on your car and since you were not there at the time you cannot really dispute that fact, it may have blown away or been removed by someone. If its the lack of discount that upsets you try writting stating the fact that you never saw the PCN and would love to pay the PCN at the discount rate rather than appeal, most councils will re offer the discount rather than waste time and money dealing with an appeal. If they reject your plea then you have nothing to lose and may as well go to the adjudicator and appeal formally so come back if thats the case and we can look at the evidence and write an appeal.

thanks for the suggestion, the Photo online does show a PCN on my car ..... So it must have blown away or someone has taken it ....

Im just making conatct with them not to see if anything if I can get it reduced!!!!

MAny thanks