tesco online

sugarpuff35
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i bought a tablet from tesco direct online. i paid for the tablet and collected it a few days later instore. a few weeks later i checked my bank account and noticed that tesco had refunded the money for the tablet in full. and i also had an email saying there was an error and it was not in stock therefore they were refunding the full amount of £398 to my account.

Two months down the line i get a call from tesco CS asking if i had received the tablet which i said that i had. she then went on to say they had mistakenly refunded me the money.

My question is, do i have to pay for the tablet again because of tesco's incompetance. im assuming that because i kept my part of the contract when i paid in the first place, i have fulfilled my legal obligation and they dont have any right to ask me for the money again, am i right or will get myself into trouble with the law?

Edited by citizenB
spacing

i bought a tablet from tesco direct online. i paid for the tablet and collected it a few days later instore. a few weeks later i checked my bank account and noticed that tesco had refunded the money for the tablet in full. and i also had an email saying there was an error and it was not in stock therefore they were refunding the full amount of £398 to my account.

Two months down the line i get a call from tesco CS asking if i had received the tablet which i said that i had. she then went on to say they had mistakenly refunded me the money.

My question is, do i have to pay for the tablet again because of tesco's incompetance. im assuming that because i kept my part of the contract when i paid in the first place, i have fulfilled my legal obligation and they dont have any right to ask me for the money again, am i right or will get myself into trouble with the law?

You are not actually paying for it again or twice as technically you never paid for it in the first place. When you got the refund, why didn't you query it at the time and advise them that you already had the tablet. In a court of law, this may be their defence and put you on shaky ground. You won't get into trouble with the law as no crime has been committed, but if it goes to court you may end up with a load of costs.

Perhaps if you contact Tesco and mention that you no longer have all the money any more as it was spent on Xmas presents and negotiate a lower price as you did not realise that there had been a refund and used this money.

You are obliged to pay for, the have been delivered and are fully functional.

I would not encourage you to lie about the refund, as Tesco could take action if you do not pay.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You are not actually paying for it again or twice as technically you never paid for it in the first place. When you got the refund, why didn't you query it at the time and advise them that you already had the tablet. In a court of law, this may be their defence and put you on shaky ground. You won't get into trouble with the law as no crime has been committed, but if it goes to court you may end up with a load of costs.

Perhaps if you contact Tesco and mention that you no longer have all the money any more as it was spent on Xmas presents and negotiate a lower price as you did not realise that there had been a refund and used this money.

That argument is highly unlikely to stack up when in the OP's own words:-

i checked my bank account and noticed that tesco had refunded the money for the tablet in full. and i also had an email saying there was an error and it was not in stock therefore they were refunding the full amount of £398 to my account[/Quote]

The OP accepts that they were refunded in error, the error was noticed, and they had an email confirming the refund despite also having had the goods. There is no argument whatsoever.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!