3rd party admit liability but...... help needed!!

babyblade41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I ordered a delivery of kiln dried logs in a 2m crate enclosed by plastic sheeting to keep dry. Delivery driver delivered next day but due to his incompetence dropped the whole lot on bonnet of my car!!

Contacted relevant insurance companies and the car was deemed to be a right off without even looking at the damage via pics etc. Salvage company collected the car last tuesday and my insurance company told me to send the log book off to the DVLA with salvage details.

I have just had a phone call from a repair shop saying that they were called in to assess the damage as the car was a higher value than first thought and maybe repaired, but they can't look at it until sometime next week.

I have been without the car for over a week now and and could be a lot longer.

I feel as through no fault of my own I have been left without a vehicle and not received the goods that I ordered as the logs were no longer dry and were not covered until I managed to get enough plastic to do so myself.

Is there anything else I can do apart from wait .

Thanks

First thing is first.

If the body shop have checked your vehicle and are looking into repairing it, have you still got the V5 (Logbook)? If so, don't send it off as scrapped.

Secondly, you should be able to claim off of the company who dropped the load on your car for a replacement load of wood, free of charge, along with a gesture of good will if handled correctly.

Sorry, it's a limited reply, but it's all that I can really come up with right now.

Obviously, you're not claiming on your insurance, right?

Just to add, contacting this companies insurance might get you a courtesy car. It won't be a Mercedes, but you should be entitled to a run around whilst your car is recieving repair work.

Thank you so much for reply. My problem was, a hire car was offered but the car that was damaged was used specifically to take my dog to hydrotherapy (she's a Great dane with a failed hip replacement) so the hire car offered wasn't suitable. I have also sent off the log book and tax disc as I was told to reclaim the remains of the tax as well.

I just feel I have no official body to help. I paid for legal assistance when taking on the policy but I was told that to claim for part of my delivery would have to go thru them and that they were very buy at present and would try and contact them next week!!