Eviction Notice please help me.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have a Mortgage with Northern Rock, there are arrears on the mortgage although they are relatively low at £580.

Due to a period of financial upheaval some 3 years ago, Norther Rock hold a suspended possession order on the property, and have now decided to activate it due to the above arrears. A notice of their application for an eviction order was sent to me today.

I have phoned Northern Rock, and have managed to make the full payment of the outstanding arrears, and also pay this months mortgage payment, which means I am up to date with my account. But after spending an age on hold whilst the call handler spoke to her supervisor I was told that the eviction would still be requested.

Please please can anyone help with advice? Is there any way I can prevent losing my home? There appears to be no hearing I can attend at court as the request by Northern Rock is to activate a dormant prior ruling. I really have no idea who I can turn to now.

Thankyou

^^^^^

An addition to the above.

The lender is not Northern Rock anymore, it is now NRAM. Apologies, I still confusingly refer to them under their former guise.

Again, any advice or assistance is very gratefully received.

Hi there, if there are no arrears there can be no eviction! they are going to look pretty silly in court when you make an application for a hearing in front of a judge to get the eviction warrant withdrawn not to mention wasting the court's time.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thankyou for your replies.

Yes Ellen I though too that if I brought up the account to date that it should suffice.

I was actually surprised at the speed and viciousness of their action. On speaking to them to try and reach a resolution prior to this, they really seemed to have no intention on any sort of agreement, I could not / cannot reason with them.

I feel as if they want me out regardless, particularly as they are still insistent on progressing the action.

Current state of play is £0 arrears, November payment cleared.

Outstanding balance of £43,000 with reasonable equity as property value is circa £80k

I've no wish to tempt fate by presuming safety at present though.

Next planned contact would be this Friday AM when I would be making Decembers' payment. I'm not sure if I should persist in pressing them in the interim.

The notice to apply for eviction was made on the 26th November, with a 14 day minimum period until enforcement. So I still have some days to play with at present. Do I hold tight and see what is said and done on Friday by N-RAM, or should I be making applications to the court for a hearing as early as possible?

Thankyou again for your time reading and responding to my post.

You should make the next payment on time then wait and see if they are stupid enough to actually send an eviction notice - in the meantime you could send them a letter in response to theirs advising them you intend to apply to the court for a hearing in front of a judge to get the eviction stopped and will be asking for your costs as their action was unnecessary - if you need help with the letter please let me know.

Please do not worry too much about this NRAM are absolute idiots these days -

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hello all

An update this morning.. After calling NRAM this morning and making next monthly instalment they have suspended their action against me.

Not quite as plain sailing as it seems at first glance though. They where very reluctant to take my payment to clear the arrears earlier in the week, and seemed to be trying to discourage me from doing so. This morning when I made the monthly payment and again requested that they desist in their actions they seemed genuinely disappointed at having to do so.

Thankyou to those of you who gave advice to me and gave me the little confidence boost to argue out my side with them.

Make sure you get it in writing that they have withdrawn their eviction warrant request