eddiemasih

MiniCredit - Opos- Drs

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2521 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi im a young male, and has recieved a letter from mini credit saying i took out £80 loan which now has turned into over £1,000 (which i didnt and have no knowledge of this) so went police station and was told to ignore it, which i did, then got a letter saying about people coming my house to collect my money, i told them if they come there causing trouble and the police told me they aint got the right, so i ignored them again but i replied to all there letters and even phoned and they were really rude, and recently got a final notice letter saying:

FINAL NOTICE OF INTENT

"We have been advised by Opos Limited that you have refused to make payment or agree a suitable repayment plan on your account

despite them being unaware of any reason you may have for avoiding this matter.

We are therefore left with no alternative but to consider your account for recovery of the outstanding balance through your local County/Sheriff Court.

Court fees and Solicitors costs will be added to the balance for which you are liable, plus statutory interest,

which will accrue at a rate of 8% P.A above base

whereby the following action will be considered upon receipt of judgement/decree:-

Arrestment/attachment of your earning at your place of employment

securing monies owed via an inhibition charge order against your property

We trust that you will now give this matter full attention and remit to ourselves the full balance outstanding within 7 days receipt.

Unfortunately should you choose to ignore this document then proceedings, if instigated, will be done so without further notice.

We recommend that you take this opportunity to resolve this issue

Should you wish to discuss this matter further you must contact within 7days receipt on

this is really causing me so much stress, but im reading online many people with this problem, and was told to ignore this letter, is that right to do ?

You said in your post that you do not know about this debt.

Therefore the prove-it letter from the library should be sent ASAP - send it "signed for" from the Post Office.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Please stay off the phone to them (unless you can record their calls). They will say virtually anything to bully you in to a payment.

well the police even told them that i have no knowledge but they said they aint recieved nothing from the police, and i told them on the phone today, prove it to me then get in touch, was that right ?

Two threads merged and tidied

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Eddie,please do not worry. Send them the prove it letter. Assuming you are genuine and i have no reason to doubt you,the onus is on them to prove that you borrowed the money. All i would caution is that should the try to issue proceedings that you come here or go to cab straight away acknowledge the claim (that'd not admitting it btw )and say you will be entering a full defence