CREDIT AGREEMENTs

Hayley1210
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening, well I am spending my Saturday evening really scrutinising a SAR received from barclaycard and wonder if anyone can offer any advice on what should be included in a credit agreement. The one i have received looks more like a standard application form to me (it gives my maiden name in name and address box, my salary and bank details that's it nothing else). No payments details, no interest rate or payment dates, nothing. There is a small box that's unreadable that talks about consumer credit act. Oddly, it's signed in my married name, I was three months into my marriage at the time, but I don't understand why name wasnt changed. There is no signature from barclaycard. I'm not convinced it's an actual agreement, its more like one of those that you sometimes receive through the post with a big "offer ends October" written across top. My account was opened in 2002 but as a way forward could anyone let me know what specifics are required in a credit agreement?

Many thanks, this site has been wonderful in helping me toughen up and get my financial life back on track

Hayley

Sadly, I am spending my Saturday evening going through MSE and CAG and trying to help out other people who have had similar problems to me.

While both of us are being productive, I wish we both had better things to be doing on a Saturday night...

Good luck with yours...

Yes, absolutely Bandit!! Bless you though, it's pretty decent of you and the many others on here giving their time and doing their best to help others, I can't stress how much this site has helped me in so many ways:-)

Hi Hayley,

If, as you say above, BC have responded to an SAR, you are lucky to have anything regarding the credit agreement itself. This document (whether a credit agreement or an application form) is normally only supplied in response to a CCA request.

Perhaps they sent you an invitation to apply in your maiden name and you applied in your married name.

In any event, this is clearly an application and not a credit agreement which, theoretically, they require to enforce the debt in court.

Are you looking to reclaim PPI and/or penalty charges on the a/c or were you hoping to question the enforceability of the a/c.

Is the a/c open or closed and are there any arrears. A little more info will help us, if you want advice.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick, thanks for responding. Perhaps I should submit a CCA too do you think? I've trawled through 6 years of statements although there never have been many charges added to the account except for last five month which I will try to claim back. the account remains open, I'm in dealings with mercers at present but b/c refusing to stop charges/interest so I'm just trying to delve a bit further. Paying £1 a month at present :-)

Hi Hayley and thanks for the info.

As you've already been supplied with the application form, I see no point in sending a CCA request - they'll just send you the same documents again.

If you are experiencing Financial Difficulty, the bank has a duty to recognise this and assist. Please read here and write to the bank asking for charges and interest to be stopped - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

Any penalty charges added to the a/c can and should be reclaimed in full. BC will argue and you may be forced to take court action. However, as the amounts involved are relatively small, they may agree to refund if you persist. We'll help you with this.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)