• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Credit cards PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Arggh, losing the will to live with EGG

Just phoned them as I have not had a reply as per their letter saying they would be in touch before the 14 Nov, only to be told that it is not upheld due to my husband applying on line and agreeing to PPI.

So i told them in a very nice way I wasn't happy at all, taking in to consideration that I send a copy of the credit agreement back with the questionnaire and there was nothing to sign concerning PPI and also stated that he gets full sick pay and the policy would have been useless unless they still paid you on top of you getting it.

So he said oh ok well I will resend you the letter and then you can write back to tell us why you disagree:| so I said well can you get the ball rolling first until my letter arrives as not to be rude but you take forever to updated files and even longer to reply hehe, he said he has logged my complaint and will get them to look into it:wink: but going to write the letter anyway to repeat what was said.

My husband applied for the card on line (so they say) and was unadvised sale, I have heard so many people saying that the box was pre ticked back then (2000) is this the case or is it just rummer ?

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

Edited by pink1808

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

well they must have something because as above they have rejected my claim, saying I agreed to PPI (don't know full reasons yet until i receive the letter)

I only wrote to them on the off chance, as Egg was on line all my statements were on line so cant go back and check, so I thought I might as well send a SAR as I am waiting, am I right in thinking they have 40 days to send me the stuff? and if possible could you give me a link where to find a SAR template letter?

Many thanks

Hi sorry me again :/

Do i send the SAR to the registered office address at the bottom of the letters

1 Churchill place

London

E14 5HR

or

to where the letter came from

Barclaycard

Customer Relations Department

PO Box 9131

51 Saffron Road

Leicester

LE18 9DE

Many thanks ( i promise to let you be now):wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Arggh, losing the will to live with EGG

Just phoned them as I have not had a reply as per their letter saying they would be in touch before the 14 Nov, only to be told that it is not upheld due to my husband applying on line and agreeing to PPI.

So i told them in a very nice way I wasn't happy at all, taking in to consideration that I send a copy of the credit agreement back with the questionnaire and there was nothing to sign concerning PPI and also stated that he gets full sick pay and the policy would have been useless unless they still paid you on top of you getting it.

So he said oh ok well I will resend you the letter and then you can write back to tell us why you disagree:| so I said well can you get the ball rolling first until my letter arrives as not to be rude but you take forever to updated files and even longer to reply hehe, he said he has logged my complaint and will get them to look into it:wink: but going to write the letter anyway to repeat what was said.

My husband applied for the card on line (so they say) and was unadvised sale, I have heard so many people saying that the box was pre ticked back then (2000) is this the case or is it just rummer ?

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

Well rang EGG again last Friday as I still haven't had my no in writing and asked them where they are on having a look at it all again due to my credit agreement doesn't have a box to tick agreeing to PPI or my husband having full sick benefits and they said we have looked and we are standing by what we say and still not up holding and says they have wrote to us again !!!

So Just filling in FOS questionnaire, I have been waiting for 2 weeks now for them to send in writing their reasons why .

Update on RBS, wrote back asking them to show me a breakdown on the offer, sent it recorded delivery on the 17/11 and looks like royal mail have lost it so sent a copy again on the 27/11 and that still hasnt been delivered so looks like royal mail have lost that also !

Had a reply from Freemans catalog asking me to fill in questionnaire so done that and will post tomorrow.

so far I have send my house of fraser, my Halifax to FOS and looks like EGG card and had no reply from Barclays about the other Barclaycards so they will be going also, just feels like I am hitting one brick wall after another (not as easy as I first thought)

I know it's not much of a consolation for the frustration, but don't forget to claim against the Post Office for the lost mail.

Hi thanks yes I plan to, you have to wait 15 working days just makes you mad :(

Sent RBS the letter with copies of rates and also a copy of the spreadsheet and got a reply today.

"I would like to confirm that the offer we made is in line with the FOS and FSA guidance and takes into account the PPI paid plus the interest applied to them. the offer was made in full and final settlement of your complaint.

I hope this clarifies out total offer that we believe compensates your claim."

Question is as this was a goodwill offer and i know the offer doesn't stand if i go to the FOS, what happens if FOS decides not to uphold and i loose out all together, so should i just take the offer ?

(many thanks for any thoughts)

Well just got another letter from RBS saying that they have noticed when I sent my spreadsheet I included a few statements to show my interest rates and as they don't have any records of my account anymore could I copy all statements I have and send them so they can recalculate my offer !!!

A few questions spring to mind here

first they write with a goodwill offer and a estimate of interest rate charges

so I write back with a few copies of statements to show what interest rates I paid also a spreadsheet showing payments and so on

They write back saying " I would like to confirm that the offer we made is in line with the foslink3.gif and FSA guidance and takes into account the PPIlink3.gif paid plus the interest applied to them. the offer was made in full and final settlement of your complaint.

I write back asking for a breakdown of there offer

They write back saying I must send all statements I have as they don't have any numbers

(hope I haven't lost you here hehe)

so question is if their offer was for what PPI was paid where did they get the number from if they don't have any numbers ???

or are they hoping I don't have statements so they can stand by their offer ?

May I add I have 29 statement and they rest I have bank statements showing payment to them which was set up for direct debit at min payment so I have some sort of prof .

They may well have used estimated figures to get an offer of redress.

Wouldn't hurt to send them copies though. (You could say that you will supply them for a £10 charge but that might be pushing it a bit :lol:)

• 1 month later...

Hi me again :/

Just looking for a bit more advice please

does anyone know who the underwriter was for house of fraser insurance in 90/2000 ?

Also sent a SAR request to Barclay for the 3 accounts My hubby had with them and they have sent back details for just one (old egg card) and no for the barclaycard gold & Platinum do you think they will send sepratly or should have been all together, they must have details as they have not upheld after looking into the accounts.

Many thanks

Hi

If you still have some of the monthly statements from Santander send them a copy of about three and they will pay out compensation because they pay out a standard amount. If you do not have any statements there is nothing you can do because they only have to keep information for 6 years.

Hi thanks for the reply I did send santander copies of all statements I had and they still insisted they couldn't do anything due to them not having any records, so sent it off to FOS and they need to know the underwriter so we can complain to them.

Stll waiting for rest of info from barclaycard SAR they have sent me some info for old EGG 2006-present but nothing before them dates and nothing from barclaycard is this classed as a failed SAR (they havent cashed the cheque) if so could someone please link the failed SAR letter template (cant seem to find it)

Many thanks

• 5 months later...

Hi me again, little updates so far

I have got 3 with FOS

my Halifax

My husbands Egg and old barclaycard

I received a letter last week from FOS saying they have upheld the EGG and have wrote to barclaycard asking them to pay out , firstly I thought great :) but then I started reading on the forums and can see that Barclaycard have a reputation for still saying no and dragging it on and on with the FOS has anybody else had problems like this when the FOS have said they should up held?

Many thanks for any info.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi wonder if anybody can help?

Contacted Barclays for the rest of info I ask for when I did a sar to see if I can work out what the old egg PPI would be as Egg was on line and I dont have copies of statements I cant work this out without them so will not know if what they are offering (if they do ) is fair or not, I am just wondering I have all my old bank statements and I know the direct debit was set up for the min payment so I know what I paid each month would I be able to use this as back up ?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks