Fraud @ Orange Retail Shop. Extremely unhelpful

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had an incident recently where my post has been intercepted and my credit card and PIN stolen (that's another story).

To my disbelief the Orange Shop in Beckton sold a Blackberry 9790 on my stolen credit card without taking any customer details. I am so angry that a so called reputable company could sell an expensive phone without actually collecting customer details. How is this possible?

I then go to my bank to query this and they are now insisting as it was authorised by Chip and PIN that they will not refund the money. Orange have CCTV footage but claim I was in the shop when the transaction took place.

Now it seems impossible to actually get sense from Orange! They will no query this transaction or provide the bank with any details regarding it. I think I am about to drive to Hertfordshire and sit outside the head office until I get an answer because this is ridiculous.

According to the Data Protection Act I am entitled to a copy of the CCTV footage if they same I am in the shop, however when requested they refuse to give me the footage as I wasn't. They won't even block the IMEI of the phone purchased with my stolen credit card! Does this count as 'aiding and abetting fraudulent activity'?

To top things off the international call centre managed to connect me to another person rather than the payments department so now I have other numbers calling me. Is this a new level of incompetence?

Hi. I am really not sure what your beef with orange is all about. I assume you have reported the theft to the police and the credit card. As far as i am aware they are under no obligation to take your details if it was just a handset as opposed to a contract. The police would be able to get the cctv footage.

Hi,welcome to CAG, the obvious question is how was your post intercepted, was this a new card, and a new pin sent separately?

Was the ''theft'' reported to the card issuer and the police?

I suggest you make a Formal Complaint to Orange bypassing customer services.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Orange have a responsibility to prevent fraud and terrorism by taking reasonable steps to collect peoples details. Their system should prompt for it!

As they have accepted a card and not checked any details they have caused me so many problems. Have you ever tried to do anything about an Orange retail store? There appears to be no customer service department to contact, no fraud team and no acceptance for what they are doing!

Because they have accepted a PIN and the card on a £300 phone it is now my responsibility, the bank are refusing to do much, Orange don't even know what to do and the Police have closed the case without investigating. Some how I have been a victim of company policy and trying anything possible to get my money back and stop this happening to other people!

Hi

The main thing is did you cancel the CC and inform them it was stolen before it was used for the Orange purchase?

Have you informed Royal Mail of the missing post as they will carry out an investigation and if necessary pas it to their fraud/security dept?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I assumed the card was delayed in the post due to the Bank Holiday weekend. The Orange transaction was the first one made and it was stopped within 12 hours of it appearing on my statements.

Royal Mail claim to have started an investigation but have stated they will not give me any updates or outcome of the situation. Its really not a nice feeling to have something stolen from a system we should be able to trust. My mailbox is secure.

Then to have all companies involved turn around and basically tell me its my problem! I am so angry and will do anything possible to get things fixed. I have found an Orange Retail Shop who did breach DPA and give me the IMEI, Sim and phone number of the phone on that transaction, this has now been blocked so useless to the thieves. But I am still not able to claim back my money.