• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Quickquid bank details please??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quik Quid do not have bank details for the UK from what I have been told- that's why they will either set up a repayment plan on their on esteem on quickly pass the debt on to a debt collection firm like Muck HAll or Marshall Hoare. If I'm wrong, someone will surely come along in a minute and give the bank details out.

• 3 weeks later...

They wont release them because they have a US bank. The one they use in the UK is simply a forwarding bank, where they send the money to you and charge you an "admin fee", which is the cost of transferring it from the US bank to the UK one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So it appears. It is a bit 'Mickey Mouse' of them not to accept standing orders though, don't you agree?

I was told this week that they don't accept PayPal anymore. I am really not willing to give them my new debit card details and would welcome any suggestions....original loan amount was 650.:|

Same problem here.

They won't agree to the settlement payment unless i provide new banking details. In the process of getting a pre-paid card so i can pay them and be done with them.

It's the only thing i can think of 'cause they ain't getting my bank details, that's for sure!

Virgin do a one but it costs £10 application fee but be worth it to get rid of this lot.

Gav, pre paid is certainly the route I'd recommend for QQ at the moment.

Google pre paid debit cards. I believe it's as simple as topping them up in many shops. Believe they can be topped up at shops displaying paypoint or payzone logo.

Post office I think also does one.

Argh @ The Money Shop... Please, don't line their pockets further if avoidable lol.

It never rains but it pours...

O2 does one too.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

O2 does one too.

Just registered for one online and you get straight away access to use the card.

No fee for loading via debit card and spending online/shops is free.

Looks good!

Edited by Radgie

Actually, a question reagrding these pre-paid cards.

Once i give QuickQuid the card details to take payment on agreed date can they set a CPA on these type of accounts?

Obviously only ever gonna load money when i need to pay people like these.

Another option would be to set up a basic bank account, which you just would use to have QuickQuid paid by direct debit.

24/7 Moneybox: 195.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

British Pearl/Spondoolies: 752.10 - Oustanding: 0.00

Cash on go/Peachy: 206.30 - Oustanding: 0.00

EarlyPayday: 325.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Lending Stream: 1398.46 - Oustanding: 0.00

MicroLend: 780.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Minicredit: 520.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

MonthEndMoney/PaydayUK: 937.50 - Oustanding: 0.00

MrLender: 715.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Pounds2Pocket: 2328.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

QuickQuid: 1800.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

SafeLoans: 450.50 - Oustanding: 0.00

Speed-E-Loans: 516.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

SwiftSterling: 1295.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Toothfairy Finance: 544.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

TxtLoan: 450.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

WageDayAdvance: 670.80 - Oustanding: 0.00

Wonga: 1336.86 - Oustanding: 0.00

Total: 15220.52 - Oustanding: 0.00

Quick Quid supplied me with these detaisl and asked me to quote my loan reference.

- Select as recipient“CashEuroNetUK”

- Sort Code: 20 19 90

- Account number: 03759830

Hope that helps

Good evening everyone,

Does anyone know, or have the bank details to set up SO for Quickquid please???

Hmm. I'm curious if that is the correct info or if its someones actual account they are posting.

Especially since it's from a person with one post so far. It's probably my suspicious nature, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I can assure you thats the information they emailed me this week and I have setup my standing order as Im dealing with QQ at the moment.

You are right to be better safe than sorry but someone requested whether anyone had the details and as I did I posted.

If unsure then get your bank to check the information or ask QQ to confirm there bank details are what I posted.

Hmm. I'm curious if that is the correct info or if its someones actual account they are posting.

Especially since it's from a person with one post so far. It's probably my suspicious nature, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Oh im not saying you are wrong. Just we have had a lot of people on here posting false information. SOme of the posters have been PDL reps. Thats why it always pays to be cautious.

Oh im not saying you are wrong. Just we have had a lot of people on here posting false information. SOme of the posters have been PDL reps. Thats why it always pays to be cautious.

Quite right to be cautious on this and any other replies and to be honest didnt even think anyone would be daring enough to post their own bank account details so thanks for opening my eyes anyway to the possibility.

Incidently it was through these forums I found accidently that made me tackle the PDL spiral and get some peace of mind back so in my case Im very lucky to folk on here and also the template letters. So far am making good progress and almost all have agreed pro-rata payments and Standing order details.

Only one are refusing and not accepting then telling me to go to a financial management company and submit income expenditure details through one of them then they will consider repayment plan. Have pointed out msot take a chunk of available money but they havent budged but have setup a standing order anyhow

Good to hear dave. On your problem with the PDL not accepting a repayment plan, do you need any help with getting them to agree? There are various regulations and options you can use to get them to agree.

Good to hear dave. On your problem with the PDL not accepting a repayment plan, do you need any help with getting them to agree? There are various regulations and options you can use to get them to agree.

I have sent them the take me to court letter and they just re-iterated none acceptance.

This was their response after I stressed again I could only offer the pro-rata rate and requesting for the fourth time their banking order details so I can setup a standing order. Luckily have found the details for the company through this site and have setup the pro-rata anyhow first payment due tomorrow

Thank you for your email.

As we have mentioned earlier, we are unable to accept your offer of £xx.xx for your total outstanding loan balance amount of £xxxx.xx for your loan agreements xxxxxx and xxxx.

Once again, if you are unable to make an offer payment of at least £85.00 per month as per your outstanding balance, you may get in touch with a debt management company and send over paperwork through them.

Should you require any additional information, please email us at [email protected]

Regards,

Customer Care Team,

Care to name the PDL? They are acting well out of order, and under their credit licence terms, they cannot dictate what they deem to be an acceptable minimum. The amount in a repayment plan is decided by your financial circumstances. Not whatever arbitrary number they decide to make up.