Letter meaning - A change in the amount of ESA allowance rate payable

abc123def
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've received a letter today that I wonder if you could help me with. It says

Your claim for Employment Support Allowance

A change in the employment allowance rate payable

We have looked at your claim again following a recent change

From April 2012 your ESA will be ... etc.

The thing that is confusing me, is the rates are just the same as I have been receiving, so why this letter? It says I am in the support group, and indeed have been in the support group.

Some background before I explain what I am hoping it might mean.

My last face to face assessment was in January to which I'd taken several CMHT letters. The Doctor after a few questions read the most recent which detailed a near fatal overdose I'd taken at the end of October, she then asked me about my self-harming and then said she'd be a minute and left the room. She came back saying she would end the appointment and though she couldn't promise what the result would be said she would be recommened I be left alone for at least 6 months to get help and get a bit better and the DWP placed me in the support group.

I then got an ESA50 to complete in May, I wasn't well at all and half filled it in then my MIND advocate got a CAB lady to finish it and send it off and it just made the deadline.

I know that according to the DWP screen my 6th months would be up on August 18th and so I've been expecting that dreaded letter from ATOS with another face to face appointment every day.

Today this letter arrives saying there has been a recent change, which there hasn't been. I am wondering if this could mean that they have looked at the ESA50 that was completed in May, reassessed me and decided to keep me in the support group and that this is what this letter is demonstrating? (Please God)

If that is the case, can I find out how long till they want to review this so I know how much 'space' I am to be given?

I say this as I am being refered to Psychological services by CMHT for intense one-to-one therapy which will last 9 months as well as doing specific post-abuse support in group work and it would be fantastic if I felt I wouldn't be hounded while going through this. if this is the case and I get space from the ATOS/DWP hounding while I go through therapy that would be such a relief. How can I find out?

If that would be the case then I think with the space and the therapy I might get through this, get better, and get myself out there and work again. Hope!

I'm rubbish with phones btw I get panic attacks, would someone else be able to phone for me?

Thanks.

abc123def:

A badly worded letter that I think you've interpreted correctly.

The recommended 'space' will be stated on the ESA85A. Copy can be requested, by phone or in writing, from your benefit delivery centre. Someone else can phone for you but the call centre will ask to speak to you very briefly cos of data protection.

Margaret.

abc123def:

A badly worded letter that I think you've interpreted correctly.

The recommended 'space' will be stated on the ESA85A. Copy can be requested, by phone or in writing, from your benefit delivery centre. Someone else can phone for you but the call centre will ask to speak to you very briefly cos of data protection.

Margaret.

Sorry Margaret, just wanted to clarify before I or someone else contacts the DWP for that report. So even though I haven't had a new face to face assessment and this new 'change/decision' is based on my latest ESA50, this ESA85A I can ask for is what they have written or created based on my ESA50?

Thanks in advance

maybe someone just ran through your claim and issued a notification and award letter..

This was my thought too. It's really easy to issue these letters when you didn't intend to.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

abc123def:

'this ESA85A I can ask for is what they have written or created based on my ESA50?' Yes, if we've interpreted the letter correctly.

Reading the previous two posts, from them as knows more than me, the only way to be sure is for someone to contact your benefit delivery centre.

Hope you don't, but should you get an invitation for a face to face assessment the recommended 'space' will be on the ESA85 report. Procedure for accessing a copy (from two working days after the assessment) is the same.

Margaret.

• 4 months later...

Hi abc123def

My wife has just received a similar letter that you describe in your 1st post. She filled in form for ESA at end of November sent out by DWP. She was already in support group and this was obviously needing completed to get continued payment. Does this letter (same as you describe) mean that this is their way of saying you dont need medical and you will continue to receive ESA until next review?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi Trustdeeds,

Was wondering whether the letter your wife received did indeed turn out to mean that she didn't need a medical and would continue to receive ESA? I am in very much the same situation - am in the Support Group, sent off another ESA50 last September (nearly 9 months ago), and received a letter similar to the above a few days ago. Very frustrating not to be told clearly where you stand.

Thanks for your time.