• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Advice needed on Welcome Finance PPI Loans from 2002-2004

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. Long time lurker on this site but have never had the need to post/ask for advice until now. Any advice very much appreciated.

I had 3 loans with welcome- 2002, 2003 and 2004. The second and third loans included amounts from the previous loans. I defaulted on the third loan some years ago and until recently had heard nothing of it until Mckenzie Hall recently got in touch to chase the debt.

I wrote to welcome to complain about the PPI and received a complaint form which I filled in and returned a couple of weeks ago. I also included copies of all 3 loan agreements as luckily I still have all the paperwork.

I received what I believe is the bog standard rejection letter this morning. It informs me that my claim is rejected as the events took place prior to 27th feb 2003. They also included a leaflet and details of how to complain to the FOS. I'm sure many others have been in this situation and I would be glad of any advice on what my next step is.

Firstly only 2 of the loans were prior to 27/02/03 so do I go back to welcome and try again to have PPI on the third loan refunded? or do I go straight to the FOS or are there other options open to me.

Im a bit out of my depth with all this but really do want to pursue it. I have had a read at some of the other threads and am gaining lots of useful info which I'm sure will help but I haven't (yet) found a thread about a situation like mine. I will keep reading and learning and hopefully some kind person will point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any advice

Don't worry about their 10 year rule. In fact include a complaint about it in your FOS complaint.

Read here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?360123-PPI-Welcome-and-Staggered-Short-Term-Settlements

Get all of your money back. Apply the contractual rate of interest. Don't hang around

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Have done some more reading and now my head hurts lol

Teabag have you complained to the FOS? If so what was the outcome? Have they given any advice on how you should proceed? Sorryso many questions. Be really good to hear how someone in the same situation is dealing with it.

Also does anyone know when complaining to FOS do I include the figure that I am reclaiming or do the FOS work this out themselves

well I think I might as well put a complaint in anyway. Nothing to lose at all. Surely they would at least look at my third loan which wasn't taken out until 2004.

Does anyone have any views on if it would be worthwhile going down the court route?

All help and advice would be really welcome

thanks

PPI policies through Welcome prior to Jan 2005 are dealt with by Welcome themselves.

Have a read of No.1 in my signature and use the spreadsheets at the end to work out how much you are due back.

What reasons did they give for not looking at your earlier loans? Just stating it is pre 2003 isn't a reason.

Thans for the quick reply IMS. I have had a look at the spreadsheets and am now slowly trying to get the figures I need to get them done. Not helped by it being school hols, raining and having 3 bored kids....the only way I can get near a PC is insomnia or bribery!!! lol

Yes I just got what I assume is a standard rejection letter. They state in the letter 'The rules of our regulator - The FSA state that where a complaint relates to an event that took place before 27 February 2003 We are not required to investigate your claim. Sales of insurance made before this date were the responsibility of the insurance provider not the broker who sold it'. I doubt they even noticed that one of my loans was post Feb 2003. I'm assuming they saw the dates for the first one and that was it. Do you think it's worth replying to them and pointing this out? And asking who the insurance provider was. I have been through every piece of paper and nowhere does it mention who provided the insurance.

I just wondered if its worth having another go at them on the third loan and then pursue the other 2 by a different means or if it would be easier to keep a single claim for all 3 loans. I do hope I'm making some kind of sense

Thanks for that. So once I get the figures sorted should I send these to Welcome as a claim or should I just go straight to the FOS. I don't mind if I have to go as far as claiming in court against them. I'm pretty much expecting a long and challenging road ahead with this but I'm up for it.

Thanks again for your helpful advice

• 4 weeks later...

Due to one thing and another I have had to put things on hold with this for a couple of weeks. I now have time to sit down and try to do it properly.

I have read the very useful guide on single premium PPI and that has helped me understand things alot better than I did. I have also got the spreadsheets and they too are excellent. I am however still confused about some things, mostly the figures for loans 2 and 3 which were both rolled over loans.

I have started with the first loan and worked out what percentage of my monthly payments were for PPI etc. This was pretty straightforward. I also understand how to do the calculations with regard to working out what PPI from loan 1 went on to loan 2 and so on. (Ithink!)

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out with the following questions. Sorry if they sound a bit like obvious questions. Still feel a bit out of my depth and dont want to get it wrong.

1. As well as PPI I have items such as healthcare, family care and emergency homecare added to the loans. Do I include these as part of the claim? I also have acceptance fees on all 3 loans - are these claimable?

2. On the spreadsheet do I enter the total I was charged for ppi or do I enter single monthly payments up to the date the loans were rolled over?

3. When I go on to do the loan progression spreadsheets for loans 2 and 3, am I using the figure for the amount of new cash advanced or the total amount of loan? (this is the one that I am very confused with)

Again sorry if these seem like obvious questions. I think Ive figured out the answers then I start doubting myself. Any help is as always very gratefully recieved. Thank you

Due to one thing and another I have had to put things on hold with this for a couple of weeks. I now have time to sit down and try to do it properly.

I have read the very useful guide on single premium PPI and that has helped me understand things alot better than I did. I have also got the spreadsheets and they too are excellent. I am however still confused about some things, mostly the figures for loans 2 and 3 which were both rolled over loans.

I have started with the first loan and worked out what percentage of my monthly payments were for PPI etc. This was pretty straightforward. I also understand how to do the calculations with regard to working out what PPI from loan 1 went on to loan 2 and so on. (Ithink!)

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out with the following questions. Sorry if they sound a bit like obvious questions. Still feel a bit out of my depth and dont want to get it wrong.

1. As well as PPI I have items such as healthcare, family care and emergency homecare added to the loans. Do I include these as part of the claim? I also have acceptance fees on all 3 loans - are these claimable?

If it were me and they were mis-sold then I would claim the other insurances too. Acceptance fees are not reclaimable.

2. On the spreadsheet do I enter the total I was charged for ppi or do I enter single monthly payments up to the date the loans were rolled over?

List the monthly PPI payments made

3. When I go on to do the loan progression spreadsheets for loans 2 and 3, am I using the figure for the amount of new cash advanced or the total amount of loan? (this is the one that I am very confused with)

Total amount of loan so the formula is " Rollover amount / Total loan amount x 100 " to give the percentage of the loan which relates to rolled over PPI.

Again sorry if these seem like obvious questions. I think Ive figured out the answers then I start doubting myself. Any help is as always very gratefully recieved. Thank you

ims

Thank you once again for your very helpful answers IMS. The first 2 were what I thought but I needed confirmation. The third answer with the formula for calculating has helped me enormously!

I can now get on and start putting figures into the spreadsheet.

Again, Thank you very much