Credit Card Debt Lloyds

JFrancis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am planning to write a letter to SCM solicitors the collections department of Lloyds TSB. Should I send a copy to SCM or to a direct Lloyds address as well (I am aware that SCM is part of Lloyds but I do not want to phone Lloyds as SCM said I "must" do)

Or should I just write to the Three City Park, Hove, East Sussex address (where they have requested I mail a cheque to) and acknowledge the solicitor letter?

The letter is demanding full repayment within 14 days and stating they will instigate court action if it is not received (I know this won't essentially happen and its probably just a threat at the moment)

This is just a draft and I would appreciate some assistance in rewriting parts (or all) of it. I think its a better effort than some would manage (since my vocabulary isn't that limited) but I'm hardly an expert at this. I'm intending to send this tomorrow as early as possible so any responses after 9am will probably not be taken into account.

This letter acknowledges receipt of a letter (dated 24th July 2012) from SCM Solicitors regarding a credit card debt to Lloyds TSB bank.

To address a couple of points in the letter I am aware that SCM solicitors is the "in house" collections department of Lloyds TSB. So I dismiss the false notion that Lloyds TSB is a client of SCM and consider it both disingenuous and misleading.

Also in regards to payment of the debt it is now stated that the sum (as of this writing) of £1,182.54 is sought to be repaid in full. Currently it is an impossibility to repay this sum in full as I am seeking employment. If you wish to negotiate repayment (to be paid via instalments) please communicate in writing only. I have sought independent advice and it was suggested that I should not discuss the situation via phone for record purposes. It is a legal right to request that your "client" confine future contact to written communication.

Any court action would be futile and I would hope this matter can be settled amicably with a manageable repayment plan. I have every intention of repaying the debt and only fell behind due to excessive interest charges on one missed payment. I request that future interest (on the credit card) be frozen as this will only extend difficulties and the intervention of debt management services on my behalf.

Please note this letter has been sent via recorded delivery (29th July 2012) and a copy has been retained. I have also sent a similar letter to your "client"

Edited by JFrancis

tell us the history please

its better to p'haps not pull tails yet.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The debt is for a student credit card.

I had been meeting my minimum payments consistently (usually around £20 a month)

but not making any real progress on the overall debt.

Then I fell behind due to other financial reasons and am struggling to repay due to the interest charges.

So this is a very recent development I haven't made any contact yet.

They have attempted to contact me via phone several times but as detailed in the letter I'm only willing to communicate in writing.

That is the type of advice I've seen on forums like this.

Edited by JFrancis

ok sure.

now

have you got all the statements from day one?

they are etnitled to charge interest, but i wonder if you have

lots of PENALTY charges & PPI to reclaim?

if you re in financial difficulties, they are duty bound to help you.

you should write and TELL THEM that they will only be getting £10PCM for the next xx mts

as a GOOD WILL gesture

as a reciprocal goodwill gesture you require them to freeze all interest and refrain from levying PENALTY charges

should they fail to help, you have no alternative but to reduced the payment to £1 PCM till you die

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They have been charging me £12 for a late payment charge and the same for an overlimit charge as well as the interest.

This has been the case since March or Apri so my overdue amount is now around £230.

I'm sure I have the statements for the last few months somewhere if I need them.

I'm not that bothered about reclaiming the charges (and could use this to my advantage as a "goodwill" gesture)

as long as the interest is frozen with a reasonable repayment plan.

£10 a month is the figure I've thought about suggesting.

Perhaps I could suggest that for the next 12 months.

After that hopefully my employment situation will have changed and I can pay it off much faster.

Should I write to one address or 2 separate addresses or to Department CCD and Deparment SO (at the Three City Park building)

no dont ignore the chargs

get reclaiming..put THEM on the back foot

sar them get ALL the statements first.

forget the interest for now, thats not something you can do anything about.

you signed up to it!

and stop 'suggesting' things

you TELL THEM

what they are going to get ...end of.

add to your letter that in 6mts time

you will review the situation.

then DO IT

pay them by YOUR internet banking site.

no other method.

dx

and they

OK what's the quickest and most hassle free way to reclaim the charges? If SAR is a demand for the credit statements I still have them somewhere.

I've actually changed banks (obviously so they couldn't try just taking money from the standard banking account) so should I set up a direct debit from my new bank and pay that way?

I don't mind telling them what's going to happen (as long as you don't consider that to be "pulling tails" and being too confrontational)

Edited by JFrancis

no its not

its you taking control

dont use DD

use your internet banking site/portal.

get your statements together

and start a list of charges

This second spreadsheet is a compound interest calculator and can be used both for PPI claims and Charges Reclaims on Revolving Credit Accounts such as credit cards. Compound interest is not an award that foslink3.gif will give in respect of PPI claims but it can be used in PPI cases that are pursued through the courts. It is the standard sheet that is also used for charges reclaims both on credit cards and loan accounts where interest in restitutionlink3.gif is claimed.

CISheet v101.xls

dx

and they