Is it worth digging back further (or: how precise is 6 years?)

wnettie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I’d really appreciate your advice on the following:

I had an MBNA card from 2000 to 2003, when I paid it off and closed the account down. This account caused me an enormous amount of trouble, because of their extortionate interest rates, and the fact that their minimum payment doesn’t really pay anything off (you really have to be savvy about managing your debts with them, which I wasn’t then) – so I was really glad to see the back of them.

I now would like to reclaim my charges, which were a pretty regular late payment charge of about £18 up to 2002 and £20 thereafter.

However, it seems that I wasn’t quite as good at keeping the statements: I haven’t got a complete set, and particularly missing statements from 2000 & 2001 since I went through a pretty messy house move during that period.

My question now is: given that this is now either very close to the beginning or just outside of the 6 year period during which I am entitled to claim, should I just leave it at that and submit a claim based on the statements I’ve got? Or should I submit an SAR requesting the missing statements, and then submit a full claim, taking the risk of additional delay, which might cause a few additional statements to fall outside of the 6 year period?

How close is the 6 year period set really? Is it exactly 6 years going back from the date of claim, or is 6 financial years, or is it roughly a 6 year period?

Any advice on this would be highly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

WNettie