E.s.a

stephen2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon everyone!

I have been receiving esa benefit for the last few months(through depression and anxiety),andhave been called up for my medical

on the 7th of August.

I am wondering if anyone has any advice they can give to me,that

would be great.Should I take a letter about my illnesses to the

medical or wait until the tribunal?

Thanks.

Stephen.

Take the letter(s) anyway, they'll take a copy. It may be ignored at this stage, but at least you have provided it.

Before the date, request the assessment be recorded. If they can't or they refuse, ask for a new date for when it can be recorded.

Take the letter(s) anyway, they'll take a copy. It may be ignored at this stage, but at least you have provided it.

Before the date, request the assessment be recorded. If they can't or they refuse, ask for a new date for when it can be recorded.

Ok,thanks mate.

Hello there.

Here's a link to the forum sticky about Atos assessments. It tells you how to answer the questions without saying just yes or no, so your condition should be taken into account properly.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?287253-esa-medicals

Of course, you could ask for it to be recorded as has been suggested, so that everything is considered. :) There's a separate thread on that.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Good morning all!

Just a wee update on my ESA process.I asked my doctor for a letter of my illnesses to take with me on the 7th to the medical.She refused saying:that then will be in touch with the surgery after my medical,and that basically the claims are dealt with random doctors in the sugery when they receive the dossier.

She has changed the antidepressants that I was on as well.I don't get to see a CPN until the 13th of September,and feel I needed that letter to take to the medical with me.

Should I take the medication that I take down to the medical? Is there anything else that I can do to help this process?

Thanks people.

Stephen.

Good morning all!

Just a wee update on my ESA process.I asked my doctor for a letter of my illnesses to take with me on the 7th to the medical.She refused saying:that then will be in touch with the surgery after my medical,and that basically the claims are dealt with random doctors in the sugery when they receive the dossier.

She has changed the antidepressants that I was on as well.I don't get to see a CPN until the 13th of September,and feel I needed that letter to take to the medical with me.

Should I take the medication that I take down to the medical? Is there anything else that I can do to help this process?

Thanks people.

Stephen.

YES take all medication, and remember to tell them what you WERE taking before they changed it.

As to Drs being contacted - my ex-husband's GP has NEVER been contacted regarding his illnesses, even though it's part of the assessment process that ATOS/DWP are supposed to conduct.

YES take all medication, and remember to tell them what you WERE taking before they changed it.

As to Drs being contacted - my ex-husband's GP has NEVER been contacted regarding his illnesses, even though it's part of the assessment process that ATOS/DWP are supposed to conduct.

Thanks for the reply. I was claiming ESA a few years ago and that was why I appealed,because of no contact with my G.P also zero points.When I was at the tribunal I was asked if I had a letter from my doctor to take into consideration.

Stephen.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening everyone!

Had my medical on Tuesday, I took my sister along with me for moral support and because I was advised to do so.The examiner started shouting at me accusing me of not taking my medication.

My doctor changed my medication that I was on (amitriptyline to lofepramine).I took a bad reaction to the lofepramine and had to stop taking them,so I am now using 200mg of amitriptyline again,and have to see my doctor about this.

So basically I told the examiner this and she started shouting that I wasn't taking any meds at all.She was writing all this on the computer,and probably more lies as well.

Is there anyway I can get a copy of what she has wrote before the tribunal?

You should, iirc, get a copy of the very basic ATOS report with the DWP letter telling you the outcome of the WCA. In the event you do not score enough to qualify for ESA, you appeal. As part of this process, the DWP send you a huge pile of bumpf. Included in this will be the full ATOS 'medical' report. It is in fact just repetitive computer generated claptrap. This will be well before your tribunal date and allow you to go through it and build your case accordingly...

Yes. When you find out you've "failed" you need to contact the DWP and request a copy of the assessment report. You will receive - as Rae above says - "repetitive computer generated claptrap". You will see everything the examiner entered, and you then have a month to build your appeal case (including pointing out the lies and indiscrepencies) and send it in.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning everyone.

Just an update on my E.S.A claim.I got a call from a lady at the D.W.P asking me if there was anything else I wanted to add to my claim,which i did.Is that normal practice from them to do that?

She said also that:"I'll hear from them in the nesxt5 to 7 days". Not very sure to make of that call,because the last time they just knocked me back.

Good morning everyone.

Just an update on my E.S.A claim.I got a call from a lady at the D.W.P asking me if there was anything else I wanted to add to my claim,which i did.Is that normal practice from them to do that?

She said also that:"I'll hear from them in the nesxt5 to 7 days". Not very sure to make of that call,because the last time they just knocked me back.

Yes. This sounds like you ALMOST got enough points and the DWP want to make sure they have all the info before making their final decision. Re-send to them anything you already sent to ATOS, as they are notorious for not sending all the evidence.

Good morning.

everyone,just phoned up the DWP today to get my money paid into my sisters bank account(due to fraud being committed on my account). The guy said:"he'll get someone to phone me later to confirm the new details".

Then I asked roughly when my next sick-line was due,and he told me some good news:"that I've been put on the work related group and basically don't need to send in anymore sick-lines for 6 month"but that i'll have to go to the job centre every now and then,to find work which I can do.

Am not sure whether I should appeal this because of my health conditions.And if I do how do I go about this process?

Thanks to everyone that has helped me on here it means a lot to me,and a special thanks to honeybee13 on the 5 post with that report,that helped a lot.Thanks.