non fault accident new insurance company say i was at fault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bit of a strange one this, had a non fault accident in 2009, claimed on insurance, recovered all costs claim closed. re insured with a new insurer the following year , no problems. insured with the rac this year, notified them about the non fault claim and took out insurance. a week later and i received a letter stating they have got more info on the 2009 claim and they are increasing the premium as the accident was my fault! luckily i still had a letter from my insurer in 2009 stating they recovered all costs so i have written to the rac and included a copy of the letter and am still awaiting a reply. i am a little concerned as to where the rac got their wrong information from, and also if they don't alter stance on the accident being my fault what can i do?

It will be on the CUE database and have been provided by the Insurers you had at the time. They may have closed the claim off, with the wrong marker applied. You need to contact the Insurers you had in 2009, to query the data they have on their system.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

but surely if the data is wrong the two other companies i have insured with between 2009 and now would have picked up on it? or don't all companies check claim details

but surely if the data is wrong the two other companies i have insured with between 2009 and now would have picked up on it? or don't all companies check claim details

Yes they will have. But it is not unknown for claims records to be subject to change, many years after the claim was mainly dealt with. For example the third party had since challenged the claim being 100% their fault or have taken court action regarding an injury, which had brought about a change.

Worth contacting the Insurers claims dept that handled your claim in 2009, to see if there was any change to the status of the claim, even just to prove that your newest Insurers are wrong.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

UB67 is right CUE can change, plus different underwriters will use it in varying degrees, some check it during inception of your policy, others only use it when claims are made, some only check it when fraud/further enquires are made. As with all businesses, some are more savvy than others.

as an update to this, spoke to my previous insurance company today and they confirmed it as a non fault claim. called my present company and they agreed blaming the previous company for not closing the claim off properly