• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

speed credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked that joesph xxxxxx for a notice of assignment for marshall hoares well over a week ago and he still hasnt sent me one, and on sunday as per usual i got the threato gram from mh saying they legally own the debt , because ive asked for that information should that joesph be providing me with it instead of ignoring me, should i ask for it again?

Edited by alanfromderby

Ask for proof that you owe them anything. they must provide conclusive proof and not the usual dribble they come out with. If they dont provide proof then the account is in dispute.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

That joesph xxxxxxx seems to be ignoring me all together now since i asked for notice of assignment and that ive asked for proof of actually owning anything. sometimes just seems odd as he was more than willing to talk when mco captial went under and wanted a i&e but since ive asked him questions hes being ignorant just like speed credit were. MH are still cliaming to own it, is there anyway of getting that information without him providing me with it?

Edited by alanfromderby

If they wont provide proof that they own the debt or proof you owe them money, then tell them the account is now in dispute until your recieve the requested information. It's better to request the NoA from the OC rather than the muppet DCA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

That lot are threatening me too using the usual tactics-debt of £96 plus recovery of £350 solicitior preperation fees etc,etc. wanting total o f£906 or else etc,etc. I lost my job and ran into trouble just after taking it out so went into debt managment and included loan in this after which they got arsey moaning-you took this out knowing you couldnt pay back...terms and conditions etc etc even though thats bull. Daily they are giving it the usual tactics so I reported then to OFt. Usually its that northern debt that are at it-they will get their money through debt managment. NDR know they arent meant to harass me because of debt managment but still they do...BARSTEWARDS!!!!!

Speak to your debt management advisor ( i hope you didnt choose a fee paying one). They can usually stop the harassment.

Yesterday an email from that Greg whats-his-name bawbag and today snail mail as followsRe loan ref: 15863215 / 25You have still not contacted us regarding your outstanding debt with our client Speed Credit in respect of your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*. Please note that:- all evidence and correspondence will shortly be sent to Solicitors and a case file prepared to be presented to the County Court for Judgement - expect Recovery Agents to visit all addresses we have on file for you.- your file is also with Bailiffs who will be pursuing this in conjunction with Solicitors.We recommend you call immediately as we may be able to freeze any imminent activity on your file and come to a suitable arrangement with you.You currently owe:Loan and Interest GBP196Solicitors - Case Preparation GBP 150Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10NDR Accept Case File GBP 200Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10Cash Transmission Fee GBP 5Repayments todate GBP0Total GBP 571You will be liable for the full amount and further Court fees if you do not contact us immediately on 0843 381 0843.Yours sincerely,DEBT MANAGER - Greg Campbell NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY0843 381 0843So copy off to Harrington Brooks and complaint no2 to the OFT

Edited by luisedinho
phone number shown by accident

Yesterday an email from that Greg whats-his-name bawbag and today snail mail as followsRe loan r25You have still not contacted us regarding your outstanding debt with our client Speed Credit in respect of your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*. Please note that:- all evidence and correspondence will shortly be sent to Solicitors and a case file prepared to be presented to the County Court for Judgement - expect Recovery Agents to visit all addresses we have on file for you.- your file is aolso with Bailiffs who will be pursuing this in conjunction with Solicitors.We recommend you call immediately as we may be able to freeze any imminent activity on your file and come to a suitable arrangement with you.You currently owe:Loan and Interest GBP196Solicitors - Case Preparation GBP 150Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10NDR Accept Case File GBP 200Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10Cash Transmission Fee GBP 5Repayments todate GBP0Total GBP 571You will be liable for the full amount and further Court fees if you do not contact us immediately on 0843 381 0843.Yours sincerely,DEBT MANAGER - Greg Campbell NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY0843 381 0843So copy off to Harrington Brooks and complaint no2 to the OFT

You've left your phone number on there and account number, edit your post to take your personal info off, its a standard threat letter nothing to worry about just file your complaint with the oft

Edited by tinkerbell_2k12

Tink could you edit your post please. You accidentally copied luis's info as well.

Joseph xxxxxxx just is poink blank ignoring me now ive sent him an email once a week for the past month asking for either a notice of assignment to prove marshall hoares own it or proof i actually iwn them anything and hes yet to response. My supposive debt is now £1036 for £200 loan they can go take.a run and jump at that

Edited by alanfromderby

Yet again the anus brains are at it-2 harrassing emails and 2 sms today!! on a saturday as follows; email 1 sent at 1106 am06/10/2012Dear Mr *****Re loan ref: Your have made NO effort whatsoever to resolve the matter of your debt with our client Speed Credit in respect of your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*. We have no option now but to allow Solicitors, Door Agents and Bailiffs to deal with this case. You are liable for the full debt and will be pursued together with all evidence of your constant refusal to speak to us. This will NOT act in your favour as this matter progresses.You currently owe:Loan and Interest GBP 196Solicitors - Case Preparation GBP 150Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10NDR Accept Case File GBP 200Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10Cash Transmission Fee GBP 5Repayments todate GBP 0Total GBP 571Please note1. Door Agents have be en dispatched2. Solicitors have been briefed3. Bailiffs have been informedJudgement will be sought and a Warrant of Execution to seize goods/obtain an attachment of earnings.CALL 0843 381 0843 NOW to STOP further actionYours sincerely,DEBT MANAGER - Greg Campbell NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY0843 381 0843 sent from recovery@northerndebtrecovery.comemail 2 sent at 11.18 amLoan Ref: 06/10/2012Dear Mr This is a reminder that you committed to pay back your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan* debt. This debt is now very overdue. We have allowed you to extend the loan as a goodwill gesture.As part of settling this debt you are committed to paying GBP 96 by 07.10.2012.In accordance wih the Standard Terms and Conditions you agreed to, we will be automatically taking payment tomorrow as agreed. Please ensure the amount of GBP 96 is available by midnight tonight.If there are insufficient funds in the account the payment might fail and all charges will IMMEDIATELY become due, ALL back dated interest, penalty fees will be charged. Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be liais ing with solicitors who will obtain a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.IT IS ESSENTIAL you HONOUR this agreementIf you have any questions regarding this, or willbe unable to pay contact customer services NOW.Yours sincerely,COLLECTIONS NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY0843 381 0843from address collections@northerndebtrecovery.comsms 2 sent at 1304 from NDRecovery;you committed to a payment plan to settle your toothfairy loan (I took it through speedcredit not toothfairy). A payment of 96 is due tomorrow (sunday!!). Failure to honour this will lead to extra feessms 1 from ND Recovery (and was typed like this!!!)

Yet again the anus brains are at it-2 harrassing emails and 2 sms today!! on a saturday as follows; email 1 sent at 1106 am06/10/2012Dear Mr *****Re loan ref: Your have made NO effort whatsoever to resolve the matter of your debt with our client Speed Credit in respect of your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*. We have no option now but to allow Solicitors, Door Agents and Bailiffs to deal with this case. You are liable for the full debt and will be pursued together with all evidence of your constant refusal to speak to us. This will NOT act in your favour as this matter progresses.You currently owe:Loan and Interest GBP 196Solicitors - Case Preparation GBP 150Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10NDR Accept Case File GBP 200Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10Cash Transmission Fee GBP 5Repayments todate GBP 0Total GBP 571Please note1. Door Agents have be en dispatched2. Solicitors have been briefed3. Bailiffs have been informedJudgement will be sought and a Warrant of Execution to seize goods/obtain an attachment of earnings.CALL 0843 381 0843 NOW to STOP further actionYours sincerely,DEBT MANAGER - Greg Campbell NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY0843 381 0843 sent from recovery@northerndebtrecovery.comemail 2 sent at 11.18 amLoan Ref: 06/10/2012Dear Mr This is a reminder that you committed to pay back your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan* debt. This debt is now very overdue. We have allowed you to extend the loan as a goodwill gesture.As part of settling this debt you are committed to paying GBP 96 by 07.10.2012.In accordance wih the Standard Terms and Conditions you agreed to, we will be automatically taking payment tomorrow as agreed. Please ensure the amount of GBP 96 is available by midnight tonight.If there are insufficient funds in the account the payment might fail and all charges will IMMEDIATELY become due, ALL back dated interest, penalty fees will be charged. Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be liais ing with solicitors who will obtain a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.IT IS ESSENTIAL you HONOUR this agreementIf you have any questions regarding this, or willbe unable to pay contact customer services NOW.Yours sincerely,COLLECTIONS NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY0843 381 0843from address collections@northerndebtrecovery.comsms 2 sent at 1304 from NDRecovery;you committed to a payment plan to settle your toothfairy loan (I took it through speedcredit not toothfairy). A payment of 96 is due tomorrow (sunday!!). Failure to honour this will lead to extra feessms 1 from ND Recovery (and was typed like this!!!)YOUR FILE IS WITH BAILIFFS. DOOR VISITS AND COURT ACTION IMMINENT. WE HAVE NO OTHER OPTION AS YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO US. CALL 08433810843.So a 3rd compaint on way to OFT

He is probably busy throwing darts at a chart of numbers to determine the next fantasy charge he will try to add to your alleged debt.:lol:

Haha most probably, im just gonna carry on payin off what i owe and let them take me to court to justify the charges

Normal crap that they send out. Report it to the OFT as its a serious violation of OFT guidance.

Thank you for emailing us.NDR & Marshall Hoares-Northern Debt Recovery are a debt recovery agency employed by NDR. They are fully licensed under the Consumer Credit Act (License No. 631166). They will have been engaged because you did not pay your debt back on time and as agreed. They are a specilaists at collecting debts and undertake a rigorous and thorough collection process to ensure you pay. This may include legal proceedings, registering defaults against your national credit file and a comprehensive program of communications including emails, letters, SMS and phone calls. This maybe to your mobile, home and work numbers-Marshall Hoares Bailiffs are an enforcement agency who will visit your home and work addresses to discuss the repayment of your debt. They are fully licensed under the Consumer Credit Act (License No. 631168).All actions and communications are fully compliant with the Consumer Credit Act.Note: During peak hours a shared call centre may be used, despite comments you may have read on the internet, and as you would expect, this does not affect your obligation to pay, the validity of your loan or the charges incurred.If you are in any doubt please feel free to contact the Office of Fair Trading at the numbers on our website.You currently owe GBP 571. This needs to be paid by 12.10.12 to avoid further charges being incurred.We advise you to make contact IMMEDIATELY on 0843 381 0843 to avoid further action and charges Yours sincerely,ANTI-FRAUD NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY0843 381 0843

Thank you for emailing us.NDR & Marshall Hoares-Northern Debt Recovery are a debt recovery agency employed by NDR. They are fully licensed under the Consumer Credit Act (License No. 631166). They will have been engaged because you did not pay your debt back on time and as agreed. They are a specilaists at collecting debts and undertake a rigorous and thorough collection process to ensure you pay. This may oinclude legal proceedings, registering defaults against your national credit file and a comprehensive program of communications including emails, letters, SMS and phone calls. This maybe to your mobile, home and work numbers-Marshall Hoares Bailiffs are an enforcement agency who will visit your home and work addresses to discuss the repayment of your debt. They are fully licensed under the Consumer Credit Act (License No. 631168).All actions and communications are fully compliant with the Consumer Credit Act.Note: During peak hours a shared call centre may be used, despite comments you may have read on the internet, and as you would expect, this does not affect your obligation to pay, the validity of your loan or the charges incurred.If you are in any doubt please feel free to contact the Office of Fair Trading at the numbers on our website.You currently owe GBP 571. This needs to be paid by 12.10.12 to avoid further charges being incurred.We advise you to make contact IMMEDIATELY on 0843 381 0843 to avoid further action and charges Yours sincerely,ANTI-FRAUD NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY0843 381 0843

Yet another standard threat email file it with the oft. Have a full read of this thread ull get to see the emails they send

lovely, a threat of a visit to your home and worse, work, that should be pretty much an instant 50 grand fine.

Thats what i thought when i read that, because no way should they be able to threaten to visit someones place of work that gotta be out of order